MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

Related:
Primoz
Fantasy
896th
7/6/2024 11:24am

I think Kiska works with KTM & co, so there the link.

NicoZesty96
7/6/2024 1:47pm
Another shot of the new Schwalbe Albert Gravity. Pretty similar to a Magic Mary. This one is a 27.5 X 2.6. Les Gets, today.

Another shot of the new Schwalbe Albert Gravity. Pretty similar to a Magic Mary. This one is a 27.5 X 2.6. Les Gets, today.

i wouldn't say it looks like a Mary, it's more of an Assegai/Kriptotal

NicoZesty96
7/6/2024 1:48pm
Fred_Pop wrote:

I take it the disadvantage of abs is you can no longer do nose manuals and thus no longer do nose turns.

Jakub_G wrote:

If you are locking up your front wheel when doing those...You are doing it wrong.

the bosh abs is also designed to not let you lift the rear wheel too much, therefore Fred_Pop point is correct

boozed
7/6/2024 6:10pm
boozed wrote:

Any chance they share a front triangle?

Dogboy wrote:

I doubt it given the difference in geo and I would imagine Ibis purpose built them for their intended use.

Geo could be handled with headset cups etc. but I take your point.  When Vitus did it with the Escarpe (140 mm) and the Sommet (170 mm in MX), it was probably because they were a budget brand (although it turned out pretty well in the end).

veefour
Fantasy
315th
7/7/2024 12:22am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2024 12:22am
boozed wrote:

Any chance they share a front triangle?

Dogboy wrote:

I doubt it given the difference in geo and I would imagine Ibis purpose built them for their intended use.

boozed wrote:
Geo could be handled with headset cups etc. but I take your point.  When Vitus did it with the Escarpe (140 mm) and the Sommet (170...

Geo could be handled with headset cups etc. but I take your point.  When Vitus did it with the Escarpe (140 mm) and the Sommet (170 mm in MX), it was probably because they were a budget brand (although it turned out pretty well in the end).

Didn't RM (not exactly budget) do it with the Instinct and Altitude too?

7/7/2024 2:11am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2024 2:24am
Primoz wrote:

I think Kiska works with KTM & co, so there the link.

Kiska handles KTM's industrial design, branding, marketing, and communication.  They're quite in bed with them.  Kiska also handle a lot of the same roles for Husqvarna too. They seem to be doing more and more in the bike and e-bike world.

1llumA
Fantasy
680th
7/7/2024 7:26am
Dogboy wrote:

boozed wrote:
Geo could be handled with headset cups etc. but I take your point.  When Vitus did it with the Escarpe (140 mm) and the Sommet (170...

veefour wrote:

Didn't RM (not exactly budget) do it with the Instinct and Altitude too?

Yes last gen Instinct and Altitude shared the same front triangle but with a different forward shock mount.

Simann
7/7/2024 8:56am
Meh, disappointing Trickstuff  lots of teasing and it’s the same thing but in a different color honestly I was hoping for a V2 of something given...

Meh, disappointing Trickstuff 

lots of teasing and it’s the same thing but in a different color

honestly I was hoping for a V2 of something given that the Chinese copy has more adjustments 

From what I understand of Trickstuff Maxima, there is no reason for bite point adjustment on the Maxima, Trickstuff has a very specific setup that generates equal distribution of fluid to each piston so that the rotor is perfectly centered between the pads. Lewis had to throw in some adjustment as their calipers do not perform the same. I know the Lewis are like 1/4 of the price, but they are without doubt intended copies of Trickstuff with a few aesthetic differences

gibbon
7/7/2024 10:38am
Simann wrote:
From what I understand of Trickstuff Maxima, there is no reason for bite point adjustment on the Maxima, Trickstuff has a very specific setup that generates...

From what I understand of Trickstuff Maxima, there is no reason for bite point adjustment on the Maxima, Trickstuff has a very specific setup that generates equal distribution of fluid to each piston so that the rotor is perfectly centered between the pads. Lewis had to throw in some adjustment as their calipers do not perform the same. I know the Lewis are like 1/4 of the price, but they are without doubt intended copies of Trickstuff with a few aesthetic differences

Ahhhhhh sheeeet. Here we go again. Thanks Sim.

Simann
7/7/2024 1:22pm
Simann wrote:
From what I understand of Trickstuff Maxima, there is no reason for bite point adjustment on the Maxima, Trickstuff has a very specific setup that generates...

gibbon wrote:

Ahhhhhh sheeeet. Here we go again. Thanks Sim.

Hey monkey, I'm sick of the Lewis LH4 hype. My Hope T4V4's leave nothing to be desired and completely serviceable for a mere $200 more. Much more power than Code RSC's, lighter lever action, all the external tool free adjustments. No worrying about finding replacement parts. 

7/7/2024 2:18pm

Since noone’s answering in the PIT BITS’ comment section, i’ll ask here as well (and hopefully steer the thread back to rumors): how come there’s no talk about the Lapierre high-pivot dh-bike? Or is it the new Spicy with just a dc-fork up front, which was listed shortly somewhere and now is gone and nowhere to be seen? 

1llumA
Fantasy
680th
7/7/2024 2:52pm
Remote image

It doesn't look like it has much seat post insertion available and the headtube looks to be a ZS56/ZS56 more commonly seen on proper DH bike. Can't find the picture of the new spicy but I would think the shock sits lower to make more space for the dropper which could be done with a different upper linkage if they really share the same frame.

LarryDavid
Fantasy
1820th
7/8/2024 1:14am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2024 4:18am
1llumA wrote:
  It doesn't look like it has much seat post insertion available and the headtube looks to be a ZS56/ZS56 more commonly seen on proper DH...
Remote image

It doesn't look like it has much seat post insertion available and the headtube looks to be a ZS56/ZS56 more commonly seen on proper DH bike. Can't find the picture of the new spicy but I would think the shock sits lower to make more space for the dropper which could be done with a different upper linkage if they really share the same frame.

It looks quite similar, with a quick google search on Lapierre Spicy 2025 you can find a few pics, i would say is even this color. But indeed seatpost insertion looks quite short for and enduro bike. Looks like same frame but with custom link.

No photo description available.

FullSend
Fantasy
1111th
7/8/2024 1:32am
1llumA wrote:
  It doesn't look like it has much seat post insertion available and the headtube looks to be a ZS56/ZS56 more commonly seen on proper DH...
Remote image

Tbh the forward shock mount looks quite fragile. There's going to be a lot of side-to-side leverage on those thin and long carbon beams. And that brace-contraption that ties the two sides together probably indicates that they were having stiffness related problems. The whole thing doesn't inspire the utmost confidence.

Soutasan
Fantasy
326th
7/8/2024 2:49am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2024 2:50am
1llumA wrote:
Remote image

FullSend wrote:
Tbh the forward shock mount looks quite fragile. There's going to be a lot of side-to-side leverage on those thin and long carbon beams. And that brace-contraption...

Tbh the forward shock mount looks quite fragile. There's going to be a lot of side-to-side leverage on those thin and long carbon beams. And that brace-contraption that ties the two sides together probably indicates that they were having stiffness related problems. The whole thing doesn't inspire the utmost confidence.

I guess that this is more a rider preference feel to "stiffer" the rear end, The enduro team didn't use this.  

NicoZesty96
7/8/2024 3:13am
1llumA wrote:
Remote image

LarryDavid wrote:
It looks quite similar, with a quick google search on Lapierre Spicy 2025 you can find a few pics, i would say is even this color...

It looks quite similar, with a quick google search on Lapierre Spicy 2025 you can find a few pics, i would say is even this color. But indeed seatpost insertion looks quite short for and enduro bike. Looks like same frame but with custom link.

That’s the previous gen geo chart 

and omg that thing reminds me the 2013 Froggy more than a Spicy, known to be polivalent and nice to pedal around, let’s see if it ever comes out but looks very free ride ish geo like

LarryDavid
Fantasy
1820th
7/8/2024 4:18am
1llumA wrote:
Remote image

LarryDavid wrote:
It looks quite similar, with a quick google search on Lapierre Spicy 2025 you can find a few pics, i would say is even this color...

That’s the previous gen geo chart  and omg that thing reminds me the 2013 Froggy more than a Spicy, known to be polivalent and nice to...

That’s the previous gen geo chart 

and omg that thing reminds me the 2013 Froggy more than a Spicy, known to be polivalent and nice to pedal around, let’s see if it ever comes out but looks very free ride ish geo like

Good point, i was thinking those numbers were quite outdated, that's why I was not sure. I will take it out to avoid confusion.

7/8/2024 5:09am
1llumA wrote:
Remote image

LarryDavid wrote:

In Lapierre’s site there’s some explanation on how the frame can be adjusted to high-pivot or low-pivot suspension a that’s interesting! I’ve seen details on the Spicy being a 180mm bike, but they’re gone now or at least i can’t find them! 

7/8/2024 8:50am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2024 8:51am
TEAMROBOT wrote:
Serious question: has anyone here actually had good luck running stick-on cable guides on a frame? Seems like they'd be good for half a run at...

Serious question: has anyone here actually had good luck running stick-on cable guides on a frame? Seems like they'd be good for half a run at a bike park if you're lucky. Haven't used them myself, but I know I can't get helicopter tape to stay stuck to my frame in my efforts to prevent foot rub on the paint, so I'm having a hard time believing that a tiny stick-on cable guide is going the distance while it's getting torqued and pulled in every direction by wayward cable housings.

Yes, but you need to use the ones with good 3M tape. These ones work best - https://problemsolversbike.com/products/housing-guides?_pos=1&_psq=stic…; These ones work OK - https://jagwire.com/products/small-parts/stick-on-guides.  I have them on my DH bike and they've put up with a good amount of bike park days.  I've also run them on trail bikes in the past. Once in awhile one of the Jagwire ones has come loose and needed to be replaced.  I carry extras in my tool wrap, but in all the years I've been using them they've never impeded a ride.  However, they don't play nice with Ridewrap, they need to go on a bare frame.  They also don't like matte paint.

Jotegr
7/8/2024 10:49am
TEAMROBOT wrote:
Serious question: has anyone here actually had good luck running stick-on cable guides on a frame? Seems like they'd be good for half a run at...

Serious question: has anyone here actually had good luck running stick-on cable guides on a frame? Seems like they'd be good for half a run at a bike park if you're lucky. Haven't used them myself, but I know I can't get helicopter tape to stay stuck to my frame in my efforts to prevent foot rub on the paint, so I'm having a hard time believing that a tiny stick-on cable guide is going the distance while it's getting torqued and pulled in every direction by wayward cable housings.

Yes, but you need to use the ones with good 3M tape. These ones work best - https://problemsolversbike.com/products/housing-guides?_pos=1&_psq=stick-on+housing&_ss=e&_v=1.0&variant=45094291341619.  These ones work OK - https://jagwire.com/products/small-parts/stick-on-guides.  I have them on...

Yes, but you need to use the ones with good 3M tape. These ones work best - https://problemsolversbike.com/products/housing-guides?_pos=1&_psq=stic…; These ones work OK - https://jagwire.com/products/small-parts/stick-on-guides.  I have them on my DH bike and they've put up with a good amount of bike park days.  I've also run them on trail bikes in the past. Once in awhile one of the Jagwire ones has come loose and needed to be replaced.  I carry extras in my tool wrap, but in all the years I've been using them they've never impeded a ride.  However, they don't play nice with Ridewrap, they need to go on a bare frame.  They also don't like matte paint.

Presumably if you really want stick on cable guides to work you'd rough up your paint and then use an epoxy. They ain't going anywhere then!

When I refinish my claymore I'm strongly considering plugging the internal routing holes with an Inanimate Carbon Rod and adding cable guides to the rear triangle to go fully external (instead of the stock half-assed external)  while there's no paint on there. 

Kango
7/8/2024 12:17pm
Packe777 wrote:

About bloody time. Hopefully a bit more different than the old version. The new Capra and Tues werent very different,

Losifer
Fantasy
1741st
7/8/2024 12:20pm
TEAMROBOT wrote:

Yes, but you need to use the ones with good 3M tape. These ones work best - https://problemsolversbike.com/products/housing-guides?_pos=1&_psq=stick-on+housing&_ss=e&_v=1.0&variant=45094291341619.  These ones work OK - https://jagwire.com/products/small-parts/stick-on-guides.  I have them on...

Jotegr wrote:
Presumably if you really want stick on cable guides to work you'd rough up your paint and then use an epoxy. They ain't going anywhere then...

Presumably if you really want stick on cable guides to work you'd rough up your paint and then use an epoxy. They ain't going anywhere then!

When I refinish my claymore I'm strongly considering plugging the internal routing holes with an Inanimate Carbon Rod and adding cable guides to the rear triangle to go fully external (instead of the stock half-assed external)  while there's no paint on there. 

TimBud
Fantasy
860th
7/8/2024 12:24pm
Kango wrote:

About bloody time. Hopefully a bit more different than the old version. The new Capra and Tues werent very different,

Pretty sure there isn’t an “old” version of this bike in their lineup

jasbushey
Fantasy
2544th
7/8/2024 4:04pm

I tried to google, but never found.  Has anyone built a reach adjust headset for the Stumpy evos?  I know they run angle adjust and it seems simple to have a reach adjust in the same case, but since their headset is unique to them I don't see they offer a reach.  Wondering if anyone has machined their own for reach adjust cups?

MauiMax
Fantasy
2292nd
7/8/2024 8:06pm

Anybody think that the new Specialized Enduro will come out sooner than expected? I was just looking at their site and noticed they are down to 2 models left. Almost sold out of the current gen enduro 

B Rabbit
7/8/2024 8:30pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2024 8:46pm

I heard from a source a UDH update is coming at some point, but thats it for a while. Last I spoke to a local spesh dealer they said they hadnt heard any whisper about a new Enduro, and the same dealer mentioned the new Stumpy 6 months in advance...

I too had noticed the stock on the website slowly running down, no Sworks builds in Australia for a fair few months and only 2 models and the sworks frame in 1 size. I'm not sure what they are getting at, fingers crossed something is gunna sneak up on us, but i doubt it Sad

7/8/2024 8:54pm
jasbushey wrote:
I tried to google, but never found.  Has anyone built a reach adjust headset for the Stumpy evos?  I know they run angle adjust and it...

I tried to google, but never found.  Has anyone built a reach adjust headset for the Stumpy evos?  I know they run angle adjust and it seems simple to have a reach adjust in the same case, but since their headset is unique to them I don't see they offer a reach.  Wondering if anyone has machined their own for reach adjust cups?

Based on my experience with it the lower headset cup is too small to give you more than 1 or 2 mm in reach adjustment. Even with a normal 56mm headset you need use an external cup on the bottom for the lower bearing to sit outside the head tube with a tapered fork. 

MauiMax
Fantasy
2292nd
7/8/2024 9:04pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2024 11:11am
B Rabbit wrote:
I heard from a source a UDH update is coming at some point, but thats it for a while. Last I spoke to a local spesh...

I heard from a source a UDH update is coming at some point, but thats it for a while. Last I spoke to a local spesh dealer they said they hadnt heard any whisper about a new Enduro, and the same dealer mentioned the new Stumpy 6 months in advance...

I too had noticed the stock on the website slowly running down, no Sworks builds in Australia for a fair few months and only 2 models and the sworks frame in 1 size. I'm not sure what they are getting at, fingers crossed something is gunna sneak up on us, but i doubt it Sad

Fingers crossed. Cant even get a frame on the US website now. Just the comp and the expert. Maybe udh variant will come out since with the stumpjumper 15 it seems specialized wants to move towards using transmission more. Hopefully they do something with the head tube while they are at it.

Post a reply to: MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

The Latest