841st
9/23/2021 12:25pm
sharpy212 wrote:
The big chain could be losing a link.
The gold link?
tavaenga
9/23/2021 5:50pm
Scrub wrote:
On the UCI WC Snowshoe #1 broadcast it was brought up that Jacob Dickson from the Giant Factory team will be looking for a new ride...
On the UCI WC Snowshoe #1 broadcast it was brought up that Jacob Dickson from the Giant Factory team will be looking for a new ride for 2022. Will Giant fill the spot, and if so who?
jonkranked wrote:
is Giant going to continue their DH program? the glory isn't sold in the US (hasn't been for a few years), and i seem to recall...
is Giant going to continue their DH program? the glory isn't sold in the US (hasn't been for a few years), and i seem to recall someone here saying it's no longer sold in Australia either.
metadave wrote:
If they signed Remi last year they must have some sort of program or plan lined up. Maybe they had intended to launch a glory and...
If they signed Remi last year they must have some sort of program or plan lined up. Maybe they had intended to launch a glory and have been unable to due to manufacturing of other models taking priority over a low volume model right now. He'd be the one of bring on to help design a new DH bike.
It’s mentioned in this this article from Bike Rumor that prototype Giant DH rigs were spotted at the recent Snowshoe World Cup races.
smelly
9/23/2021 7:19pm
SnusDog wrote:
Im with Mike Scubadog on this - Tuhoto to Syndicate. Lots of support from the team these last races, at team dinners with Greg, hints on...
Im with Mike Scubadog on this - Tuhoto to Syndicate.

Lots of support from the team these last races, at team dinners with Greg, hints on the live broadcast etc..

Roskopp said something along the lines of "we are rebuilding the team with young talent for the next generation"

Yep. "we're looking to develop a rider" was what he said.
Tuhoto seems like a likely candidate and he's already got the name recognition among racing fans. Killed it in juniors and now needs help growing in the bigtime, . Finn had this as he's worked with Specialized and Loic and now, a few years out, got the number 1 quali. Matt Walker got Danny Hart and Will Longden. Syndicate seems to like being a international team so I think an up and coming American is unlikely. Kathy said in an Inside Line that they'd pick up a woman if the fit was right. Who knows who that might be.

I think the interesting thing on development is that it's not a scientific process as much as a holistic jive of energy. Gwin and Martin Whitely picked Angel Suarez for YT as a rider to develop, and there were injuries along the way, but it wasn't until after that team that Angel really started picking up steam. Likewise, when Intense Factory was Moir, Harrison, and Leopard Print they were on a tear and it took time to find steam after that group broke up. I think all of us can relate. You have riding buddies who make you better and when you're with them sometimes things just click.
metadave
Fantasy
2288th
9/23/2021 8:58pm
sharpy212 wrote:
Ahab wrote:
The gold link?
Jakers wrote:
Hill is signed till 2023... but i suppose contracts can be broken

https://nukeproof.com/blogs/news/sam-hill-re-signs-with-nukeproof
To start this thought, I have absolutely zero doubt after watching him do it many times that Sam Hill can walk into any gravity race and win if he wants to. And I have no idea any of any contracts, situations or his personal thoughts, however,

I'm wondering if the covid year off with his growing family affected his racing this year and his heart isn't in it any more. Kind of like downhill when he lost his interest in it. If he doesn't want to be away from his family who could blame him and is totally get if he wanted to walk away from racing for that. The way he's dropped in the ranks this year makes me think of his last year in downhill where he went from being a top threat to mid pack. The guys fit as hell and everything was working for him before that.

It could also just be an off year for him but just a though. I would equally expect him to come out of the gates hard enough next year to fold both Richie and Jack's jerseys while they're still in them.
9/24/2021 12:53am
sharpy212 wrote:
Ahab wrote:
The gold link?
Jakers wrote:

it's not like Aussies have any respect for contracts anyway so yeah nothing of the sort is impossible really ...
mike_dee
9/24/2021 3:38am
it's not like Aussies have any respect for contracts anyway so yeah nothing of the sort is impossible really ...
I hear ya mate, our PM is a cunt.

Sam on the other hand, seems like a bloody good guy.
Tanner_Carl
Fantasy
2130th
9/24/2021 3:46am
Jrp's comments on past year's rumors are all oddly specific and oddly true, I'd say the Maes --> Orbea & Kona team done rumors hold some water!
Johnboy
9/24/2021 4:38am
Ahab wrote:
The gold link?
Jakers wrote:

Don't group the rest of us together with that chunt that is "leading" our country. He needs to go take a long walk off a pier.
Bob Chicken
9/24/2021 5:11am
mike_dee wrote:
I hear ya mate, our PM is a cunt.

Sam on the other hand, seems like a bloody good guy.
The appropriate word would be "Touché"...
jonkranked
Fantasy
824th
9/24/2021 6:06am Edited Date/Time 9/24/2021 6:16am
metadave wrote:
To start this thought, I have absolutely zero doubt after watching him do it many times that Sam Hill can walk into any gravity race and...
To start this thought, I have absolutely zero doubt after watching him do it many times that Sam Hill can walk into any gravity race and win if he wants to. And I have no idea any of any contracts, situations or his personal thoughts, however,

I'm wondering if the covid year off with his growing family affected his racing this year and his heart isn't in it any more. Kind of like downhill when he lost his interest in it. If he doesn't want to be away from his family who could blame him and is totally get if he wanted to walk away from racing for that. The way he's dropped in the ranks this year makes me think of his last year in downhill where he went from being a top threat to mid pack. The guys fit as hell and everything was working for him before that.

It could also just be an off year for him but just a though. I would equally expect him to come out of the gates hard enough next year to fold both Richie and Jack's jerseys while they're still in them.
as much as i like Sam, I don't think he could just show up and win a WC race out of nowhere these days. be competitive? absolutely. its been 4 years since he raced a WC DH event, and the level of competition has increased quite a bit during that time. his last UCI race was worlds in 2017, which also happened to be his only top 10 finish at a UCI race since 2014 (and only 3 top 20 finishes over the same time interval). to be fair that timespan is probably when his head just wasn't fully in racing DH (especially after racing at the elite level since 2001) hence the switch to enduro.

i'm sure the family aspect plays a part, especially given how far he has to travel to the majority of races.
Stewyeww
9/24/2021 3:24pm
Is Sam the only person riding for chain reaction?
mfoga
Fantasy
180th
9/24/2021 6:55pm
Stewyeww wrote:
Elliot heap and Kelan Grant
Stewyeww
9/24/2021 7:06pm
Stewyeww wrote:
mfoga wrote:
Elliot heap and Kelan Grant
Either one of their contracts up?
jonkranked
Fantasy
824th
9/27/2021 7:09am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2021 7:10am
for the 5 of us that follow XC, koretzky announced that he will be riding for KTM / B&B hotel next year, including some road racing. KMC/Orbea put out a press release last week following the announcement that koretzky is still under contract until dec 31 2022.
trpfanboy
Fantasy
4220th
9/27/2021 7:46am
Whats the story with the YT Mob. If every rider stays with them, that would mean they would be fielding a four man elite team, Guy, Oisin, Dak, and David. If they can't support such a big elite men's field, it's hard to imagine who would leave. Dak has only been with them a year, and would have been top 10 three times if not for his flat at Snowshoe 2. Oisin is clearly the real deal, winning a bunch of WCs in 2020 as well as World Champs, and while Guy hasn't had the best results, Martin Whitely has had a strong track record of developing riders in top talent (i.e Angel Suarez). I also can't imagine that after the Mob World Tour, they would up and drop someone after a few years. That leaves David Trummer, a solid top 20 talent, who came up through the non factory, YT team, and then got the bump a few years back. All of this is purely speculation, and is assuming that they aren't keeping everyone. Rant over Smile
Wit2901
9/27/2021 11:18am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2021 11:19am
Sam Hill's wife confirmed yesterday on her Insta story that Sam has no plans to retire

iceman2058
Fantasy
149th
9/28/2021 12:26pm
Ben Vergnaud, Brook Macdonalds' mechanic and partner in crime, is headed off for new adventures. Not clear at this point if it's to continue manning the spanners at another team, but we'd say that's not the case - if Ben wanted to keep doing this job, it's unlikely he'd split from Brook.

metadave
Fantasy
2288th
9/28/2021 12:48pm
iceman2058 wrote:
Ben Vergnaud, Brook Macdonalds' mechanic and partner in crime, is headed off for new adventures. Not clear at this point if it's to continue manning the...
Ben Vergnaud, Brook Macdonalds' mechanic and partner in crime, is headed off for new adventures. Not clear at this point if it's to continue manning the spanners at another team, but we'd say that's not the case - if Ben wanted to keep doing this job, it's unlikely he'd split from Brook.

Wild. I'll throw myself as Brooks new mechanic into the mix then.
Edthorne
Fantasy
1944th
9/28/2021 1:39pm
iceman2058 wrote:
Ben Vergnaud, Brook Macdonalds' mechanic and partner in crime, is headed off for new adventures. Not clear at this point if it's to continue manning the...

I recall seeing something from Snowshoe (or maybe Val Di Sole) where he mentioned how easy/good Brook is to work with, so it would seem odd if he suddenly jumped ship and went to work with another rider.
Sugarbrad
9/28/2021 4:39pm
Edthorne wrote:
I recall seeing something from Snowshoe (or maybe Val Di Sole) where he mentioned how easy/good Brook is to work with, so it would seem odd...
I recall seeing something from Snowshoe (or maybe Val Di Sole) where he mentioned how easy/good Brook is to work with, so it would seem odd if he suddenly jumped ship and went to work with another rider.

JamesR_2026
Fantasy
750th
9/28/2021 6:11pm
trpfanboy wrote:
Whats the story with the YT Mob. If every rider stays with them, that would mean they would be fielding a four man elite team, Guy...
Whats the story with the YT Mob. If every rider stays with them, that would mean they would be fielding a four man elite team, Guy, Oisin, Dak, and David. If they can't support such a big elite men's field, it's hard to imagine who would leave. Dak has only been with them a year, and would have been top 10 three times if not for his flat at Snowshoe 2. Oisin is clearly the real deal, winning a bunch of WCs in 2020 as well as World Champs, and while Guy hasn't had the best results, Martin Whitely has had a strong track record of developing riders in top talent (i.e Angel Suarez). I also can't imagine that after the Mob World Tour, they would up and drop someone after a few years. That leaves David Trummer, a solid top 20 talent, who came up through the non factory, YT team, and then got the bump a few years back. All of this is purely speculation, and is assuming that they aren't keeping everyone. Rant over Smile
Dak had a good year but Trummer has had 2 even better ones with the team. He finished 13th overall this year and has been in the top 5 in a few races. I don't think they'll be looking to cut him loose!
nskerb
9/29/2021 6:35am
trpfanboy wrote:
Whats the story with the YT Mob. If every rider stays with them, that would mean they would be fielding a four man elite team, Guy...
Dak had a good year but Trummer has had 2 even better ones with the team. He finished 13th overall this year and has been in...
Dak had a good year but Trummer has had 2 even better ones with the team. He finished 13th overall this year and has been in the top 5 in a few races. I don't think they'll be looking to cut him loose!
If the past has shown anything its that YT isn't afraid to cut anybody loose whenever they feel like it lol.
Verbl Kint
9/29/2021 8:08am
Shouldn't it be time for Red Bull UK to sign Reece Wilson?

They've had tremendous success with Tom Pidcock and Evie Richards on the XC side this year and they should also have a consistent podium threat on the elite men side of DH. With Gee out and Kade being more of a freerider these days, it seems only Laurie Greenland has so far been Red Bull UK's only bet lately.

It would also help if they had another Scotsman on the mtb roster outside of Danny MacAskill (and the occasional Kriss Kyle appearance on dirt). Reece proved this year that his win at Worlds wasn't a one-off. He has proven to be a good ambassador for the sport as well when he wore the rainbow stripes.
9/29/2021 8:28am
Verbl Kint wrote:
Shouldn't it be time for Red Bull UK to sign Reece Wilson? They've had tremendous success with Tom Pidcock and Evie Richards on the XC side...
Shouldn't it be time for Red Bull UK to sign Reece Wilson?

They've had tremendous success with Tom Pidcock and Evie Richards on the XC side this year and they should also have a consistent podium threat on the elite men side of DH. With Gee out and Kade being more of a freerider these days, it seems only Laurie Greenland has so far been Red Bull UK's only bet lately.

It would also help if they had another Scotsman on the mtb roster outside of Danny MacAskill (and the occasional Kriss Kyle appearance on dirt). Reece proved this year that his win at Worlds wasn't a one-off. He has proven to be a good ambassador for the sport as well when he wore the rainbow stripes.
Aren't the rules that two people from one country can have a Redbull helmet in a single discipline. That gets muddled with whether Redbull just puts the entire UK together or goes with individual countries. Someone with better knowledge could clear that up. Technically you have Gee, Laurie, and Kade in men's DH, which does/doesn't violate the rule of 2.

Thinking like a gossipy high schooler, Pauline Ferrand Prevot should be on the move no? She went to BMC/Absolute Absalon, but now isn't dating Mr. Absalon so...

Loana Lecomte could be on the move with her dominant season. Who's got deep pockets with a spot open?
mfoga
Fantasy
180th
9/29/2021 1:30pm
I think the one rule is no more.
dolface
Fantasy
594th
9/29/2021 4:01pm
Lacanuck24 wrote:
Aren't the rules that two people from one country can have a Redbull helmet in a single discipline. That gets muddled with whether Redbull just puts...
Aren't the rules that two people from one country can have a Redbull helmet in a single discipline. That gets muddled with whether Redbull just puts the entire UK together or goes with individual countries. Someone with better knowledge could clear that up. Technically you have Gee, Laurie, and Kade in men's DH, which does/doesn't violate the rule of 2.

Thinking like a gossipy high schooler, Pauline Ferrand Prevot should be on the move no? She went to BMC/Absolute Absalon, but now isn't dating Mr. Absalon so...

Loana Lecomte could be on the move with her dominant season. Who's got deep pockets with a spot open?
BiLKiNiS
10/1/2021 7:06am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2021 7:08am
Lacanuck24 wrote:
Aren't the rules that two people from one country can have a Redbull helmet in a single discipline. That gets muddled with whether Redbull just puts...

PFP did say she is staying with the absolute absalon team, she like's the bike (but not the tire in mud condition)

For Loana she extended her contract with massi for 1 year following the postponement of the Olympics but for 2022 I think she will have many offer.
My guess is that she will choose a french team or at least with a few french staff, maybe KMC Orbea since they loose Milan Vader next year (and maybe Victor but that's unclear at this point) and that might free up so budget
Verbl Kint
10/2/2021 9:27pm
With his spanking new EWS overall trophy, it certainly doesn't look like Shark Attack Jack is racing any DH events next year.

I wonder if we'll ever see Richie Rude in the World Cup.

Post a reply to: 2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest