2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Related:
sharpy212
Fantasy
1024th
10/2/2021 11:49pm
Verbl Kint wrote:
With his spanking new EWS overall trophy, it certainly doesn't look like Shark Attack Jack is racing any DH events next year. I wonder if we'll...
With his spanking new EWS overall trophy, it certainly doesn't look like Shark Attack Jack is racing any DH events next year.

I wonder if we'll ever see Richie Rude in the World Cup.
The speed he was carrying yesterday on a course he barely knew, it would be crazy not to enter a DH race next year, at least as a warm up….. the guys clearly on the form of his life, riding with confidence.
grambo
10/3/2021 12:55am
He also picked up a Monster sponsorship and his YouTube channel is great content.
10/3/2021 6:52am
A lot of talk about Tuhoto-Ariki going to SCS, but the a team rumours article on PB quotes The Union team manager saying he's not going. Also saw this photo of Tuhoto riding what looks like an older Devinci Spartan at Crankworx, so maybe Devinci becoming bike sponsor of The Union team..?
10/3/2021 8:34am
Verbl Kint wrote:
With his spanking new EWS overall trophy, it certainly doesn't look like Shark Attack Jack is racing any DH events next year. I wonder if we'll...
With his spanking new EWS overall trophy, it certainly doesn't look like Shark Attack Jack is racing any DH events next year.

I think Mr Rude either needs to read a few rule books or has a word with himself if he wants to try any other disciplines. So weird someone that professional making mistakes like he has. Maybe time for a new working environment
kolsen
10/3/2021 9:06am
A lot of talk about Tuhoto-Ariki going to SCS, but the a team rumours article on PB quotes The Union team manager saying he's not going...
A lot of talk about Tuhoto-Ariki going to SCS, but the a team rumours article on PB quotes The Union team manager saying he's not going. Also saw this photo of Tuhoto riding what looks like an older Devinci Spartan at Crankworx, so maybe Devinci becoming bike sponsor of The Union team..?
Looks like he just borrowed Keegan Wright’s slalom bike
ML
10/3/2021 2:14pm
Verbl Kint wrote:

tombola33 wrote:
I think Mr Rude either needs to read a few rule books or has a word with himself if he wants to try any other disciplines...
I think Mr Rude either needs to read a few rule books or has a word with himself if he wants to try any other disciplines. So weird someone that professional making mistakes like he has. Maybe time for a new working environment
Never trust a doper!
metadave
Fantasy
2288th
10/3/2021 9:43pm
Miranda posting on IG that she hopes it's not goodbye to the EWS, so sounds like it's confirmed that she's off Kona. Hopefully she gets on a team, I couldn't imagine racing without her and she's the most entertaining woman in racing and her results are improving.
Eric W
10/3/2021 11:46pm
metadave wrote:
Miranda posting on IG that she hopes it's not goodbye to the EWS, so sounds like it's confirmed that she's off Kona. Hopefully she gets on...
Miranda posting on IG that she hopes it's not goodbye to the EWS, so sounds like it's confirmed that she's off Kona. Hopefully she gets on a team, I couldn't imagine racing without her and she's the most entertaining woman in racing and her results are improving.
Feels like she fits right into the RM-team. :-)
Primoz
Fantasy
896th
10/4/2021 1:09am
metadave wrote:
Miranda posting on IG that she hopes it's not goodbye to the EWS, so sounds like it's confirmed that she's off Kona. Hopefully she gets on...
She's off Kona or Kona is off racing?
10/4/2021 3:21am
A lot of talk about Tuhoto-Ariki going to SCS, but the a team rumours article on PB quotes The Union team manager saying he's not going...
kolsen wrote:
Looks like he just borrowed Keegan Wright’s slalom bike
Oh, haha aye that would make more sense than him demoing a discontinued frame.
jonkranked
Fantasy
824th
10/4/2021 8:19am
Verbl Kint wrote:

you mean back in the world cup?
boogenman
10/5/2021 4:33pm
Cannondale canned Tinker after all these years. Said they can't afford him anymore.
metadave
Fantasy
2288th
10/5/2021 10:46pm Edited Date/Time 10/5/2021 10:52pm
boogenman wrote:
Cannondale canned Tinker after all these years. Said they can't afford him anymore.
I saw his post ripping on what happened. I'm gonna be honest, I had no idea he was even involved with Cannondale or professional cycling anymore. And that they were paying him 25000$ a year for me to not know he was even involved with them anymore. I don't think I've seen a tinker ad, result or literally anything of note in over 10 years. I may be wrong and just completely missed his adventures over the years, but I'm all over cycling media like a plague for mountain, adventure and road so it would have have to have been some pretty random stuff to have missed it. I don't think he's been relevant since the mid 00's.

This isn't to take away his incredible accomplishments over the years, he did impressive things in his time, but at some point if you're getting paid to do something, people should know you're doing it.
mfoga
Fantasy
180th
10/6/2021 5:10am
I can see both sides with Tinker. I can see him being upset, it not like he really costs that much money, but even living in SoCal you use to always hear about him but have heard very little over last few years.
jeff.brines
10/6/2021 6:05am
iceman2058 wrote:
Here you go: [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2021/10/06/11497/s1200_937BBADD_1798_407D_A4EA_D846209889FC.jpg[/img]
Here you go:

Wow, with all due respect to Tinker, this is one of the most pretentious posts I've ever read in the bike industry. Is C-Dale just supposed to pay him indefinitely? I didn't even know he was still riding let alone "ambassadoring".
jonkranked
Fantasy
824th
10/6/2021 7:24am
the tinker post was deleted not long after it was posted.
10/6/2021 7:30am
Tinker is definitely on the scene, especially in Socal.. He's doing a good job on the ambassador role... But, there maybe other things behind the scenes going on.. 25k isn't a ton of money, but Cannondale is also a brand I've seen the fewest bikes from during the past 18 months..
jonkranked
Fantasy
824th
10/6/2021 7:45am
Tinker is definitely on the scene, especially in Socal.. He's doing a good job on the ambassador role... But, there maybe other things behind the scenes...
Tinker is definitely on the scene, especially in Socal.. He's doing a good job on the ambassador role... But, there maybe other things behind the scenes going on.. 25k isn't a ton of money, but Cannondale is also a brand I've seen the fewest bikes from during the past 18 months..
they (c'dale) can't be doing that badly, they're still fielding a factory XC world cup team.
10/6/2021 9:19am
jonkranked wrote:
they (c'dale) can't be doing that badly, they're still fielding a factory XC world cup team.
That's up to Cannondale to decide where the ROI is...
metadave
Fantasy
2288th
10/6/2021 10:37am
I'm sure there's an up and coming cyclist or two that could use 25000$ to help spur their career. I know socal is a huge market, but if he's only reaching a small part of the population there, 25k is expensive to draw a small part of the market in when the person has zero pull outside of one market.

They've also lost almost their whole gravity side of things the last few years with Jerome stepping away and them folding their DH team just before the season started which started the Jack Moir struggle over the winter. I feel like Dorel is once again focusing Cannondale on Road/WC XC and GT on the gravity scene with just enough mid travel cross over to fill gaps (the jekyll vs the Force) and limit carrying two teams of athletes for each discipline like when they condensed their Mongoose teams into either Cannondale or GT a few years ago before making Mongoose a full on budget brand. Trimming the fat elsewhere gives them better investment on their world wide presence which makes sense. I'd be surprised if the Bryceland project lasts more than a season or two at this point.
bl4
10/6/2021 1:19pm
Wow, with all due respect to Tinker, this is one of the most pretentious posts I've ever read in the bike industry. Is C-Dale just supposed...
Wow, with all due respect to Tinker, this is one of the most pretentious posts I've ever read in the bike industry. Is C-Dale just supposed to pay him indefinitely? I didn't even know he was still riding let alone "ambassadoring".
if you compare $25k with the salary info collected in PBs salary survey[0], he was doing pretty well compared to folks who are selling a lot more bikes than he is these days.

[0] https://www.pinkbike.com/news/how-much-do-professional-mountain-bikers-…
AndehM
Fantasy
429th
10/6/2021 1:57pm
I'd never even heard of the guy until these posts. And I've never seen a modern Cannondale in person. Whenever I seem them in bike news, I'm like, "They're still around? How?"
10/6/2021 2:17pm
IMO, it's a two-way street. Shouldn't someone in Cannondale's marketing team be making an effort to get some benefit out of having Tinker on their roster? I've been around long enough to remember when Tinker was a regular in magazine ads. Obviously marketing strategies have changed, but there are still brands that leverage their athletes by paying photographers, film crews, etc. to produce content that highlights both the athlete and the brand. Sure doesn't seem like Cannondale was doing that... but I'd watch a video about Tinker riding some wild marathon race in South America on the new Lefty fork or something. Maybe they tried and he didn't want to do it; I don't know. Just my two cents. (#1994TeamRumors)
jonkranked
Fantasy
824th
10/6/2021 2:20pm
AndehM wrote:
I'd never even heard of the guy until these posts. And I've never seen a modern Cannondale in person. Whenever I seem them in bike news...
I'd never even heard of the guy until these posts. And I've never seen a modern Cannondale in person. Whenever I seem them in bike news, I'm like, "They're still around? How?"
they sell a ton of road bikes.
AndehM
Fantasy
429th
10/6/2021 2:26pm
AndehM wrote:
I'd never even heard of the guy until these posts. And I've never seen a modern Cannondale in person. Whenever I seem them in bike news...
jonkranked wrote:
they sell a ton of road bikes.
Could be - I don't road bike so wouldn't know. Point was more that I've seen more custom order Geometrons (1) in person than Cannondale, which is a lot bigger company.

Post a reply to: 2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest