MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

Related:
bizutch
Fantasy
655th
9/28/2023 10:27am

Mopeds should come with a place to stash your insulin & an AED.

9/28/2023 11:17am
bizutch wrote:

Mopeds should come with a place to stash your insulin & an AED.

Not sure you know what a moped is but that’s for your triggered comment Smile

sspomer
Fantasy
50th
9/28/2023 11:33am

neko's vid about his FEA/data acquisition sessions

9/28/2023 12:09pm
Modular 'main' pivot (for a position with an idler), link mount and shock mount; I love it. (Edit - damn, it's a prototype. Would love to...

Modular 'main' pivot (for a position with an idler), link mount and shock mount; I love it. (Edit - damn, it's a prototype. Would love to see more of that on production bikes, although Canfield has a patent on the adjustable main pivot point.)

Link to patent? I've had this exact idea floating around my head for a few years and I was going to try and build a steel framed version

vinny4130
9/28/2023 12:20pm
Mugen wrote:
If Gasgas don't rebrand to Wattwatt, they will have missed the marketing coup of the year. Upcoming trailhead conversations: -Hey, what bike is that? -Wattwatt! -Hum...

If Gasgas don't rebrand to Wattwatt, they will have missed the marketing coup of the year.

Upcoming trailhead conversations:

-Hey, what bike is that?

-Wattwatt!

-Hum, I said what bike brand are you riding?

-WattWATT!!

-What is your problem man?

first thing I thought of...

9/28/2023 7:43pm
Modular 'main' pivot (for a position with an idler), link mount and shock mount; I love it. (Edit - damn, it's a prototype. Would love to...

Modular 'main' pivot (for a position with an idler), link mount and shock mount; I love it. (Edit - damn, it's a prototype. Would love to see more of that on production bikes, although Canfield has a patent on the adjustable main pivot point.)

Link to patent? I've had this exact idea floating around my head for a few years and I was going to try and build a steel...

Link to patent? I've had this exact idea floating around my head for a few years and I was going to try and build a steel framed version

#US20210380195A1

Posted about it in this thread a month or two ago; it showed up on a bike Canfield was racing as well so it's definitely in the works (he's calling it "Formula Three" suspension).

9/29/2023 1:34am

Link to patent? I've had this exact idea floating around my head for a few years and I was going to try and build a steel...

#US20210380195A1 Posted about it in this thread a month or two ago; it showed up on a bike Canfield was racing as well so it's definitely...

#US20210380195A1

Posted about it in this thread a month or two ago; it showed up on a bike Canfield was racing as well so it's definitely in the works (he's calling it "Formula Three" suspension).

Jon_Angieri
Fantasy
2240th
9/29/2023 4:48am

#US20210380195A1 Posted about it in this thread a month or two ago; it showed up on a bike Canfield was racing as well so it's definitely...

#US20210380195A1

That rocker link definitely has early intense prototype vibes. Makes sense since they were utilizing his CBF formula. 

9/29/2023 5:57am

I’ve seen it - although i’m not in love with it, it’s still better in my eyes than a Nikolai…

Jakub_G wrote:

Why are you asking about HP with belt drive then? 🤨

Sorry, you're right - and i thought you're talking about the visual design... :D

Ontopic - new Nukeproof Megawatt sure looks porky as hell!

bizutch
Fantasy
655th
9/29/2023 8:19am

Not sure you know what a moped is but that’s for your triggered comment Smile

The internet knows what a moped is. Read that second line real, real slow. 

image-20230929111941-1

9/29/2023 8:47am

Most of the Powertrain articles show a new Propain e-bike; the lower link is different from the current Ekano 2 and it has a Vivid shock, so it could be a new longer-travel model or just the Ekano 3.

9/29/2023 11:37am

#US20210380195A1

"Axle suspensions for mounting axles resiliently on cycle frame or fork with pivoted chain-stay the shock absorber being connected to the chain-stay via a linkage mechanism"

So theres room for a single pivot with an adjustable pivot point in this patent!

samdaman1
9/30/2023 7:08am
Galfer disc not-shark. Taken from the vital Insta.

Galfer disc not-shark. Taken from the vital Insta.

IMG 4564 0

Pretty sure this has been discussed somewhere and I seem to remember them being prototype TRP rotors? They're also testing some new levers at the moment which were in a Pit Bits from Andorra, so it would make sense that they were testing rotors too

20230823 UCI DH WorldCUp Andorra Z4A8226

Jakub_G
9/30/2023 8:11am

Yep, TRP rotors intense has been running for ages.

sspomer
Fantasy
50th
9/30/2023 1:15pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2023 1:15pm

bike abuse from snowshoe for some homework

if you didn't watch this race, pseudo-spoiler, #oldbikesrule : )

9/30/2023 1:59pm
Jakub_G wrote:

Yep, TRP rotors intense has been running for ages.

Interesting. Looks like they’ve been copying homework then

peecee
Fantasy
318th
9/30/2023 3:45pm

Can anyone shed light on why Greg stopped using Lyle as a Mechanic as it doesn’t of seemed to have stopped him getting flats and to be honest I’m pretty sure the Syndicate team have the most flat tires out of any team this season ? 

I know Maxxis will prob get blamed but it other teams use the same tires without any issues then it’s the wheels ? 

mfoga
Fantasy
180th
9/30/2023 8:19pm
peecee wrote:
Can anyone shed light on why Greg stopped using Lyle as a Mechanic as it doesn’t of seemed to have stopped him getting flats and to...

Can anyone shed light on why Greg stopped using Lyle as a Mechanic as it doesn’t of seemed to have stopped him getting flats and to be honest I’m pretty sure the Syndicate team have the most flat tires out of any team this season ? 

I know Maxxis will prob get blamed but it other teams use the same tires without any issues then it’s the wheels ? 

Or rim/tire/pressure/force that is the issue.  Also they keep saying they are on prototype tires so that may not be everyone.

I know Jackson flatted today but who else has had issues on syndicate this season 

NY_Star
9/30/2023 8:32pm
peecee wrote:
Can anyone shed light on why Greg stopped using Lyle as a Mechanic as it doesn’t of seemed to have stopped him getting flats and to...

Getting flats has a lot to do with the rim structure and lip profile. It maybe that an AL rim deflects and deforms more before pinching the tire then a carbon. I am assuming Santa Cruz is pretty pigeoned holed into running reserve rims where other teams may be able to shop around for a rim sponsor a bit more.

That being said, Richie was on Maxxis / DT and flatted, same with Neko.

Jakub_G
9/30/2023 11:54pm
mfoga wrote:
Or rim/tire/pressure/force that is the issue.  Also they keep saying they are on prototype tires so that may not be everyone. I know Jackson flatted today...

Or rim/tire/pressure/force that is the issue.  Also they keep saying they are on prototype tires so that may not be everyone.

I know Jackson flatted today but who else has had issues on syndicate this season 

Ehm, Greg had wheel/tire issues in more races than not?

Zuestman
Fantasy
521st
10/1/2023 12:01am
mfoga wrote:
Or rim/tire/pressure/force that is the issue.  Also they keep saying they are on prototype tires so that may not be everyone. I know Jackson flatted today...

Jakub_G wrote:

Ehm, Greg had wheel/tire issues in more races than not?

I am wondering if reserve wis working on a new layup or shape that is creating more issues.... We know Greg is a "big" boy ou tthere and likes a stiffer ride... maybe rim is too stiff and therefore causing flats? because until now he has been the only issue... though Snowshoe is an issue for every tire and rim manufacturer.

alidhojd
10/1/2023 4:08am
peecee wrote:

I was wondering the same thing, is Lyle still on the syndicate?

slimshady
10/1/2023 4:56am

So Snowshoe came and gone and no Vital Pit Bits slideshow? First the UCI takes live coverage from us and now this...

TimBud
Fantasy
860th
10/1/2023 5:00am
alidhojd wrote:

I was wondering the same thing, is Lyle still on the syndicate?

The gossip in this thread suggested that he wasn’t prepared for Fort William to be wet, so Greg sacked him.

He’s still with the team though as i spotted him in one of the dialled vids this week.

Post a reply to: MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

The Latest