2024 Racing Talk

Sugarbrad
7/27/2024 5:14am
bizutch wrote:
Think we could convince UCI to mount this in the start gate instead of a commercial kitchen mat? 

Think we could convince UCI to mount this in the start gate instead of a commercial kitchen mat? 

I wish they would use Neveplast.

bizutch
Fantasy
983rd
7/27/2024 8:22am
bizutch wrote:

Sugarbrad wrote:

Snow grass? Wouldn't that be way slicker in the wet especially on rubber tires & caked up mud at the gate?

veefour
Fantasy
349th
7/29/2024 6:55am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2024 6:56am

Well, I don't class myself as much of an XC fan, but what Pidcock just achieved was nothing short of amazing. One of the most exciting finishes to a race I've ever seen.

amaranth
Fantasy
122nd
7/29/2024 6:58am
veefour wrote:
Well, I don't class myself as much of an XC fan, but what Pidcock just achieved was nothing short of amazing. One of the most exciting...

Well, I don't class myself as much of an XC fan, but what Pidcock just achieved was nothing short of amazing. One of the most exciting finishes to a race I've ever seen.

Lead, lost the lead due to flat tire and incompetent support team, down 38 seconds, came back to win. What a machine

veefour
Fantasy
349th
7/29/2024 7:14am

Booing at the finish line and during the medal ceremony is very poor form IMO. Pidcock won fair and square.

iceman2058
Fantasy
84th
7/29/2024 7:18am
veefour wrote:

Booing at the finish line and during the medal ceremony is very poor form IMO. Pidcock won fair and square.

Totally agree. If anything, Koretzky diving to the inside of that turn once he realized what was happening was the uglier move here.

bizutch
Fantasy
983rd
7/29/2024 7:29am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2024 7:30am

Thank you for spoiling the race having not gotten to watch it.

I literally just saw the women's XC last night despite the insanity of the replay have 120 SECOND COMMERCIAL breaks every 5 minutes of coverage. That was infuriating.  Anyone else watch the Peacock replay and just have to give up on watching the entire event and skip over 30 minutes of racing to get on with it?

veefour
Fantasy
349th
7/29/2024 7:36am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2024 7:40am
bizutch wrote:
Thank you for spoiling the race having not gotten to watch it. I literally just saw the women's XC last night despite the insanity of the replay...

I literally just saw the women's XC last night despite the insanity of the replay have 120 SECOND COMMERCIAL breaks every 5 minutes of coverage. That was infuriating.  Anyone else watch the Peacock replay and just have to give up on watching the entire event and skip over 30 minutes of racing to get on with it?

I dunno, maybe it's not a bad idea to stay off of forums where people discuss racing until you've watched the race. It's a strategy that's always worked for me.😉

fartsack
Fantasy
2108th
7/29/2024 7:40am
veefour wrote:

well....what do you expect? olympic spectators PLUS french. Wink

bizutch
Fantasy
983rd
7/29/2024 10:20am
bizutch wrote:
Thank you for spoiling the race having not gotten to watch it. I literally just saw the women's XC last night despite the insanity of the replay...

veefour wrote:
I dunno, maybe it's not a bad idea to stay off of forums where people discuss racing until you've watched the race. It's a strategy that's...

I dunno, maybe it's not a bad idea to stay off of forums where people discuss racing until you've watched the race. It's a strategy that's always worked for me.😉

Purely sarcasm guy.
But to be honest, didn't expect the first sentence of Monday to be "Pidcock Wins" in the Vital gravity fan club.

7/29/2024 10:22am
bizutch wrote:

veefour wrote:
I dunno, maybe it's not a bad idea to stay off of forums where people discuss racing until you've watched the race. It's a strategy that's...

I made the same mistake coming here before watching the race.  Just laughed to myself because I never would have fathomed that Vital would be the place to spoil XC results.  Not a move I would have made if I hadn't watched a DH race yet!    

mtbAndy
Fantasy
143rd
7/29/2024 10:39am
veefour wrote:

iceman2058 wrote:

Totally agree. If anything, Koretzky diving to the inside of that turn once he realized what was happening was the uglier move here.

Yes, Koretzky should have given him the line. It was almost like he didn't see Pidcock there. Giving up the line may have slowed him down a hair and caused a bad line toward the tree just following but may have made it come to a sprint finish. 

ZAKBROWN!
Fantasy
230th
7/29/2024 2:26pm

From Kabush's Instagram story it sounds like Koretzky had a minor slide out we didn't see on the broadcast that allowed Pidcock to close the gap before he made the pass.  I'm sure he'll be kicking himself over the couple last lap mistakes he made.  Bummed for him but that was an exciting race!

bizutch
Fantasy
983rd
7/29/2024 9:08pm

Just watched. Unstoppable force was coming through named Pidcock. Almost mid-pack on an unpassable course first lap and then up to 3rd. Back to 9th after a puncture. Back to the front. Man deserved it & ripped off a boss move to get past when Koretzky didn’t even expect it!

Sugarbrad
7/29/2024 9:56pm
bizutch wrote:

Sugarbrad wrote:

bizutch wrote:

Snow grass? Wouldn't that be way slicker in the wet especially on rubber tires & caked up mud at the gate?

No it's great for start gates. The knobs are about 3mm long and flex so the tires sink into it.

StudBeefpile
Fantasy
1111th
7/29/2024 11:11pm
bizutch wrote:

I know your like a billion years old my dude ;p, but there is this thing called ad blockers. https://ublockorigin.com/ You will never have a ad again on peacock.  And you can even disable it for vital so @sspomer can keep the lights on. 

StudBeefpile
Fantasy
1111th
7/29/2024 11:14pm
veefour wrote:

I would wager that a ton of the spectators are not cycling people and just people there for the olympics in general.  Our sport, in any discipline has amazing camaraderie between riders and fans.  

Nico_Hrndz
Fantasy
761st
7/29/2024 11:37pm
veefour wrote:

I would wager that a ton of the spectators are not cycling people and just people there for the olympics in general.  Our sport, in any...

I would wager that a ton of the spectators are not cycling people and just people there for the olympics in general.  Our sport, in any discipline has amazing camaraderie between riders and fans.  

Pretty sure of that too. Pidcock won amazingly clearing this 38s gap and Victor had some mistakes that cost him the win (and not securing this specific inside line was one of them IMO). That was an exciting battle to see.

7/30/2024 4:49am

Read on insta that someone wanted to file a complaint against Batten to dq her, anyone know why?

mfoga
Fantasy
212th
7/30/2024 5:01am
29 wrote:

Read on insta that someone wanted to file a complaint against Batten to dq her, anyone know why?

She raced through tech feed zone and didn’t take a bottle right before finish line. 

dolface
Fantasy
685th
7/30/2024 5:21am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2024 5:23am
29 wrote:

mfoga wrote:

She raced through tech feed zone and didn’t take a bottle right before finish line. 

Right, and Jenny took a bottle a chucked it. If anyone had a case to protest it's Jenny and she didn't because she a freakin' BOSS (and knew it didn't affect the outcome).

I heard it was the Dutch team (not Puck, team management) which apparently is SOP for them...

bizutch
Fantasy
983rd
7/30/2024 6:06am
bizutch wrote:

I know your like a billion years old my dude ;p, but there is this thing called ad blockers. https://ublockorigin.com/ You will never have a ad...

I know your like a billion years old my dude ;p, but there is this thing called ad blockers. https://ublockorigin.com/ You will never have a ad again on peacock.  And you can even disable it for vital so @sspomer can keep the lights on. 

No this was on the Peacock app on Roku. It didn't do it on men's when I watched that back.
If you've not watched it via the TV app, there are little dots at the bottom of screen indicating ad breaks.Same thing for moto & SX. You can skip ahead on the timeline if there are 2 or 3 in a short span and your penalty is they just play one ad break as you come out of fast forward.

Women's Olympic XC had close to 20 ad break dots on the timeline so I'd get 5 minutes of action & a 120 second ad break. Literally had to skip most of the race. It's still that way on the replay.  Here's the pic of both. And men's only had 60 second ad breaks.
image 9

pinkrobe
7/30/2024 3:08pm

Just saw Finn and Tahnee ride by me at Sun Peaks. Anyone know why they might be here? Just out for a rip post-Crankworx?

grinch
Fantasy
228th
7/30/2024 8:09pm
pinkrobe wrote:

Just saw Finn and Tahnee ride by me at Sun Peaks. Anyone know why they might be here? Just out for a rip post-Crankworx?

Escaping the post crankworx braking bumps i'd guess. Wouldnt be surprised if theyre in revy tomorrow

sspomer
Fantasy
74th
8/2/2024 8:34am

US National Champs Enduro Stage POVs via Nestoroff

sspomer
Fantasy
74th
8/2/2024 5:29pm

National Champs DH course preview

jwillp
Fantasy