2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Related:
11/14/2021 3:57am
He first competed at age 14, hard to imagine that record ever gets broken.
While strait’s story is amazing and I don’t want to take anything away from his career. There is a big difference between doing well in certain...
While strait’s story is amazing and I don’t want to take anything away from his career. There is a big difference between doing well in certain events in the early days of free ride competition as a teen and having the most viewed video on the biggest mtb outlet be a video of you running around on a push bike. the entire mtb world has effectively watched Jackson grow up on a bike. His parents finding the right balance between shielding and growing his career is a major reason he’s in such a good position today. And there have definitely been a few parents who have tried to push their kid’s talent and have done so in a way that has only reflected poorly. Jackson and his family have effectively been working for over a decade cultivating his passion for bikes and an unexpected YouTube sensation into an extremely bright career opportunity. Nobody else has done that to the degree that they have. Just trying to give the goldstone family some respect for what they accomplished along with Jackson. Not everyone with a talented or smart kid navigates it remotely as well as they have.
Batts wrote:
I think Finn was also a child prodigy. He was known in that area when he was a grom as well and also had high potential...
I think Finn was also a child prodigy. He was known in that area when he was a grom as well and also had high potential in skiing but chose MTB.
I think you would find Sam Hill was the first of them all he actually won a free ride comp at 17 anD was jr world champ. And before that the real og was Johnny Waddell
11/14/2021 3:59am
TEAMROBOT wrote:
Johnny Waddell was the first Santa Cruz Syndicate rider with a Red Bull helmet if I recall correctly. And if you don't know who he is...
Johnny Waddell was the first Santa Cruz Syndicate rider with a Red Bull helmet if I recall correctly. And if you don't know who he is, google "Kranked 5" and learn yourself.
All kids under 25 should watch movies on this wild wild man and learn some history
11/16/2021 3:12pm
Fearon leaving Kona is all but confirmed. Not sure about the whole Dupelle program.

Big Changes at the Union. Arguably the best performing new team in 2021.

Some changes and contract refusals show money isn't everything.

Dean Lucas has been signed by GQ magazine.

Some riders leaving the EWS series after it turned into XC last year.

Ben_F
11/17/2021 6:17am
The Cannondale Waves video just dropped on Youtube and Ratboy is noticeable by his absence. Looks like he's really retired now.
Tanner_Carl
Fantasy
2166th
11/17/2021 7:58am
Jacob Dickson was one of the few riders Warner mentioned during the Snowshoe WC broadcast that is looking for a new ride, correct? From his IG, he's still riding Giant bikes and repping them in his bio.

Any leads on where he might end up?
mwolpin
11/17/2021 11:57am
Mr.Nally wrote:
Questions are, will Luca Shaw excel at Canyon? Will Aaron Gwin buy a YT to rekindle past glory feelings? Who will be Norco's top tier pilot?
If Luca to Canyon happens, does he really gain anything.. Is the Sender better than the V10? This season i think we saw him showing more...
If Luca to Canyon happens, does he really gain anything.. Is the Sender better than the V10? This season i think we saw him showing more speed. Then go learn a new bike?
I think it also depends on how Luca views himself. Does he view himself as a program's top rider? If so, Canyon makes little sense as they have Brosnan and Wallace...not to mention Tahnee.
mwolpin
11/17/2021 11:59am
trpfanboy wrote:
Millie Johnset posted on her story a picture of crates on crates of Red Bull, maybe something, maybe nothing, but she has been stepping it up...
Millie Johnset posted on her story a picture of crates on crates of Red Bull, maybe something, maybe nothing, but she has been stepping it up recently, and I could see her moving into a similar role as Kade and Kaos, as a free racer type. She was throwing some pretty big suis on a jump setup, this is pure speculation. Smile
I believe Millie is dating Kaos, who is a Red Bull rider. That may explain the cases of Red Bull.
trpfanboy
Fantasy
4287th
11/17/2021 12:15pm
trpfanboy wrote:
Millie Johnset posted on her story a picture of crates on crates of Red Bull, maybe something, maybe nothing, but she has been stepping it up...
Millie Johnset posted on her story a picture of crates on crates of Red Bull, maybe something, maybe nothing, but she has been stepping it up recently, and I could see her moving into a similar role as Kade and Kaos, as a free racer type. She was throwing some pretty big suis on a jump setup, this is pure speculation. Smile
mwolpin wrote:
I believe Millie is dating Kaos, who is a Red Bull rider. That may explain the cases of Red Bull.
Millie is dating Kaos, who is not sponsored by Red Bull. That would be Kade Edwards, who is dating fellow RB athlete Tahnee Seagrave.
mwolpin
11/17/2021 12:49pm
trpfanboy wrote:
mwolpin wrote:
trpfanboy wrote:
Millie is dating Kaos, who is not sponsored by Red Bull. That would be Kade Edwards, who is dating fellow RB athlete Tahnee Seagrave.
Ah yes, you're right. I always confuse last names, who is who and their respective sponsors in that close-knit group.
mfoga
Fantasy
168th
11/17/2021 6:49pm
mwolpin wrote:
trpfanboy wrote:
mwolpin wrote:
Ah yes, you're right. I always confuse last names, who is who and their respective sponsors in that close-knit group.
Just don't get it confused that Koas is dating Tahnee🤣
11/18/2021 10:32am
Mr.Nally wrote:
Questions are, will Luca Shaw excel at Canyon? Will Aaron Gwin buy a YT to rekindle past glory feelings? Who will be Norco's top tier pilot?
If Luca to Canyon happens, does he really gain anything.. Is the Sender better than the V10? This season i think we saw him showing more...
If Luca to Canyon happens, does he really gain anything.. Is the Sender better than the V10? This season i think we saw him showing more speed. Then go learn a new bike?
mwolpin wrote:
I think it also depends on how Luca views himself. Does he view himself as a program's top rider? If so, Canyon makes little sense as...
I think it also depends on how Luca views himself. Does he view himself as a program's top rider? If so, Canyon makes little sense as they have Brosnan and Wallace...not to mention Tahnee.
I think Luca could go to intense/ or a troy lee trek team
skiskateshane
Fantasy
785th
11/18/2021 10:51am
I think Luca could go to intense/ or a troy lee trek team
I would love to see a Luca, Nico, Gwin Intense team!
11/18/2021 1:50pm
Fearon leaving Kona is all but confirmed. Not sure about the whole Dupelle program. Big Changes at the Union. Arguably the best performing new team in...
Fearon leaving Kona is all but confirmed. Not sure about the whole Dupelle program.

Big Changes at the Union. Arguably the best performing new team in 2021.

Some changes and contract refusals show money isn't everything.

Dean Lucas has been signed by GQ magazine.

Some riders leaving the EWS series after it turned into XC last year.

Who is leaving EWS?
11/18/2021 1:53pm
Aikata wrote:
I didn't saw anything new For Izabela Yankova, so if you haven't heard, she is going to ride for Specialized with Bruni. She said that a...
I didn't saw anything new For Izabela Yankova, so if you haven't heard, she is going to ride for Specialized with Bruni. She said that a month ago in an interview for the Bulgarian Cycling federation.

Smile
Mr.Nally wrote:
3 year deal too from what I saw. Great to see one of the best teams investing in the future. Surprised she's not in California now...
3 year deal too from what I saw. Great to see one of the best teams investing in the future. Surprised she's not in California now with the rest of the team
On her way to SF right now.
Mr.Nally
11/19/2021 1:40am
That's not a Fox helmet now is it Finn. Changes for 2022?

11/19/2021 5:07am
Mr.Nally wrote:
That's not a Fox helmet now is it Finn. Changes for 2022? [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2021/11/19/11627/s1200_Screenshot_20211118_220706.jpg[/img]

Pretty sure this was discussed earlier, Specialized Gravity will be on Specialized apparel and helmets for 2022.
barryjenson
11/19/2021 10:59am
Heard a rumour of a new Enduro team based in the U.K.
11/20/2021 12:03am
Mr.Nally wrote:
That's not a Fox helmet now is it Finn. Changes for 2022? [img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2021/11/19/11627/s1200_Screenshot_20211118_220706.jpg[/img]

Pretty sure this was discussed earlier, Specialized Gravity will be on Specialized apparel and helmets for 2022.
Which makes their latest signing a bit of a surprise
Mr.Nally
11/20/2021 8:06am
Mr.Nally wrote:

Which makes their latest signing a bit of a surprise
Why is that?
brash
11/20/2021 1:50pm Edited Date/Time 11/20/2021 1:52pm
Totally spitballing here, but Luca to Norco? They need another rider to get some top 10's. There were a few times no Norco riders were in the top 60 finals day this year. Blenki is still the man in my eyes but didn't have his best season this year unfortunately, It would be great to see a stacked roster next year come out swinging.

In saying all this, Luca still posting videos on the Gram riding SC bikes. There could be no move at all lol and we are all just goobers.
veefour
Fantasy
268th
11/21/2021 2:46am Edited Date/Time 11/21/2021 2:47am
Color me skeptical on the Laurie to Syndicate rumor..
I heard yesterday ( from a reliable source, no names Smile ) that he's currently testing a SC and it's a done deal.

11/23/2021 3:37am Edited Date/Time 11/23/2021 3:38am
Steve Peat and Laurie Greenland both rode at North Nibley yesterday on their E Bikes, Laurie was still riding Mondraker from the images he put on Instagram. Bit of an odd place for Peaty to go to though, it's very local to Laurie and he rides there often but Peaty isn't usually around that area. The Syndicate rumours could be true?

Post a reply to: 2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest