2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

Related:
sspomer
Fantasy
105th
Edited Date/Time 7/6/2022 11:42am
It's that time for gossip. Spill the beans and rumors about riders moving teams or brand affiliation changes here in the best MTB sewing circle online.
- Aaron Gwin said his Intense contract is up this year in our recent Inside Line podcast (doesn't mean he's changing though)
Let the rumors begin

|
grambo
7/9/2021 12:07pm
Can someone remind me what the structure of Intense/IFR is with Gwin? He is part (or full?) owner of IFR with Intense being a sponsor of the team, or did he buy into Intense as well? Either way no chance he can move to another manufacturer and negotiate any kind of deal given his age and results this season.
7/9/2021 10:07pm
grambo wrote:
Can someone remind me what the structure of Intense/IFR is with Gwin? He is part (or full?) owner of IFR with Intense being a sponsor of...
Can someone remind me what the structure of Intense/IFR is with Gwin? He is part (or full?) owner of IFR with Intense being a sponsor of the team, or did he buy into Intense as well? Either way no chance he can move to another manufacturer and negotiate any kind of deal given his age and results this season.
I believe he is the full owner of the team with Intense as a sponsor. I cannot remember if he got given equity or bought into Intense.
I am probably wrong however Smile
Stewyeww
7/10/2021 12:03am
Y'all think Reece will stay at Trek? Dude is killing it this year, but Im calling him to move to Syndicate. Nothing behind it, just think it would be cool.
brash
7/10/2021 12:26am
Reeces stocks are high.

I wonder how long Jack Moir's deal with Canyon is, his stonks are skyrocketing!

7/10/2021 3:41am
Stewyeww wrote:
Y'all think Reece will stay at Trek? Dude is killing it this year, but Im calling him to move to Syndicate. Nothing behind it, just think...
Y'all think Reece will stay at Trek? Dude is killing it this year, but Im calling him to move to Syndicate. Nothing behind it, just think it would be cool.
Would be interesting if he moved away from Trek so soon after re signing 'for the foreseeable future'
Although how long is that?

Syndicate more than likely shopping for another rider to join though.
bulletbass man
Fantasy
222nd
7/10/2021 6:55am
grambo wrote:
Can someone remind me what the structure of Intense/IFR is with Gwin? He is part (or full?) owner of IFR with Intense being a sponsor of...
I believe he is the full owner of the team with Intense as a sponsor. I cannot remember if he got given equity or bought into...
I believe he is the full owner of the team with Intense as a sponsor. I cannot remember if he got given equity or bought into Intense.
I am probably wrong however Smile
He said in an interview or podcast his compensation from intense was typical and no different from types of deals he has organized in past. He did say in the vital podcast he has a small stake (more a friendly fundraiser type thing) in the fancy underwear.

Also keep in mind even the top guys a lot of their contract can be results based with bonuses rather than straight salary.
7/10/2021 10:12am
brash wrote:
Reeces stocks are high.

I wonder how long Jack Moir's deal with Canyon is, his stonks are skyrocketing!

He probably signed on real cheap too due to not having anything going. Great value for Canyon.
He should be able to knock it out of the park with his next contract.
Primoz
Fantasy
763rd
7/10/2021 12:55pm
With Loris going to Trek, Greg surely retiring somewhat soon, I bet Syndicate are looking at their options very closely. Surely they will sign someone for 2022?
metadave
Fantasy
2079th
7/10/2021 9:27pm
Primoz wrote:
With Loris going to Trek, Greg surely retiring somewhat soon, I bet Syndicate are looking at their options very closely. Surely they will sign someone for...
With Loris going to Trek, Greg surely retiring somewhat soon, I bet Syndicate are looking at their options very closely. Surely they will sign someone for 2022?
Especially with it down to two guys, there just seems to be less if that magic out of the Syndicate pits lately. It definitely needs to be three or more riders.
Verbl Kint
7/11/2021 9:47am
They should've signed Nina.

Btw, how come the denim destroyer hasn't raced this year? I don't remember seeing him at a World Cup last year either. Is he still under contract with GT?
7/11/2021 10:08am
Verbl Kint wrote:
They should've signed Nina. Btw, how come the denim destroyer hasn't raced this year? I don't remember seeing him at a World Cup last year either...
They should've signed Nina.

Btw, how come the denim destroyer hasn't raced this year? I don't remember seeing him at a World Cup last year either. Is he still under contract with GT?
I still think she's on the short list for when Greg retires...
mfoga
Fantasy
290th
7/11/2021 11:39am
Greg retiring? NEVER
metadave
Fantasy
2079th
7/12/2021 12:02am
He's the Keith Richards of bike racing. Young forever.
Maxipedia
Fantasy
2092nd
7/12/2021 4:44am
metadave wrote:
He's the Keith Richards of bike racing. Young forever.
Rather the Lemmy Kilmister!
Wit
7/12/2021 9:25am
I'm sure I heard either Rob or Claudio comment on the first world cup that this is Bernard Kerr's last season before retiring. Really hope that isn't true, one of my favorite riders on the WC
Aksel_Lfft
7/12/2021 1:28pm
Primoz wrote:
With Loris going to Trek, Greg surely retiring somewhat soon, I bet Syndicate are looking at their options very closely. Surely they will sign someone for...
metadave wrote:
Especially with it down to two guys, there just seems to be less if that magic out of the Syndicate pits lately. It definitely needs to...
Especially with it down to two guys, there just seems to be less if that magic out of the Syndicate pits lately. It definitely needs to be three or more riders.
Also considering that for now only Greg is showing up at the very sharp end of things lately. Luca seems to struggle to find that little extra bit of magic
metadave
Fantasy
2079th
7/12/2021 3:30pm
Primoz wrote:
metadave wrote:
Especially with it down to two guys, there just seems to be less if that magic out of the Syndicate pits lately. It definitely needs to...
Aksel_Lfft wrote:
Also considering that for now only Greg is showing up at the very sharp end of things lately. Luca seems to struggle to find that little...
Also considering that for now only Greg is showing up at the very sharp end of things lately. Luca seems to struggle to find that little extra bit of magic
It's unfortunate that Luca struggles with a missed line here and there resulting in a crash to what otherwise would be a winning run so often. He's one of the guys I want to see come across in the green so badly. Dude needs a win in more than one way. I think he's like Finn, both pushing so hard when they're on it and slipping slightly on a banger and crashing. Hopefully we see Luca on a step in the future. Finn as well.
iceman2058
Fantasy
112th
7/14/2021 5:46am
Horrible luck for Baptiste Pierron, coming off his best-ever World Cup finish with a podium in Les Gets, he crashed during a race run at Bike Park du Lioran a couple of days ago and fractured 4 vertebrae. Thankfully, his spinal cord is not affected, but he still needs an operation and obviously faces a challenging rehab. Send him your love!

Here is the crash that took him out, he says his hand slipped off the grip and a huge rock "sent him straight to hell":

dirtyberd
7/14/2021 6:38am
sspomer, update your servers for some extra traffic... pinkbike may or may not have just died
nskerb
7/14/2021 6:51am
PB pimped themselves out to the most pretentious and douchey publication imaginable. Glad my join date pre-dates the influx that's coming lol.
skiskateshane
Fantasy
483rd
7/14/2021 7:20am
It looks like its going to get that way at some point in the future. Maybe some of their premium stuff like the big bike tests.
krka73
7/14/2021 7:22am
This is the reason I signed up here today.
sspomer
Fantasy
105th
7/14/2021 7:24am
remember 20 years ago when MTBR vs $eth vs a13x made ridemonkey go off?

Post a reply to: 2022 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest