MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

Related:
1 day ago Edited Date/Time 1 day ago

Bosch is dropping their embargo on the new motor on Monday. Get ready for a flood of new ebike launches for product you cannot buy for another 6 months. 

Jotegr
1 day ago
Bosch is dropping their embargo on the new motor on Monday. Get ready for a flood of new ebike launches for product you cannot buy for...

Bosch is dropping their embargo on the new motor on Monday. Get ready for a flood of new ebike launches for product you cannot buy for another 6 months. 

>Product you cannot buy for another 6 months.

You know what? I'm OK with it. 

1 day ago
Bosch is dropping their embargo on the new motor on Monday. Get ready for a flood of new ebike launches for product you cannot buy for...

Jotegr wrote:

>Product you cannot buy for another 6 months.

You know what? I'm OK with it. 

Agreed, it doesn't bother me. I meant more that all the brands using the motor on new bikes will hop on the launch hype whether their product is ready for sale or not, and it is most likely not. 

Carraig042
Fantasy
666th

PNW Components has something coming out. 

1000003900 2.jpg?VersionId=sqIq99eZAZq

Suns_PSD
1 day ago
mickey wrote:
The only thing i use the in-frame storage for on my Fuel EX is adding weights to play with sprung/unsprung mass ratio.  Tools and stuff in...

The only thing i use the in-frame storage for on my Fuel EX is adding weights to play with sprung/unsprung mass ratio.  Tools and stuff in there are too dang loud.   In-frame storage is the new mid-fat tire.   

On my SJEvo I had some velcro that I attached in the bottom inside of the frame and I'd strap down my tool bag. Made the bike dead quiet.

ethanrevitch
Fantasy
3192nd
gibbon wrote:

Everyone -"SC are just so boring and generic these days"
Santa Cruz-"Hold my protein meal replacement shake"

boozed wrote:

"We know our e-bike customers don't care or even know what VPP is so here's a bike that says SANTA CRUZ on it."

(Am I too cynical?)

“We are doing what the market already knew years ago and switching to a 4bar horst link” 

seanfisseli
1 day ago
mickey wrote:
The only thing i use the in-frame storage for on my Fuel EX is adding weights to play with sprung/unsprung mass ratio.  Tools and stuff in...

The only thing i use the in-frame storage for on my Fuel EX is adding weights to play with sprung/unsprung mass ratio.  Tools and stuff in there are too dang loud.   In-frame storage is the new mid-fat tire.   

Suns_PSD wrote:
On my SJEvo I had some velcro that I attached in the bottom inside of the frame and I'd strap down my tool bag. Made the...

On my SJEvo I had some velcro that I attached in the bottom inside of the frame and I'd strap down my tool bag. Made the bike dead quiet.

Genius idea I love it.

ahleic09
Fantasy
3002nd
1 day ago

Blenki on what looks like the new frameworks for US Open Dual Slalom IMG 4310

1 day ago
gibbon wrote:

Everyone -"SC are just so boring and generic these days"
Santa Cruz-"Hold my protein meal replacement shake"

boozed wrote:

"We know our e-bike customers don't care or even know what VPP is so here's a bike that says SANTA CRUZ on it."

(Am I too cynical?)

“We are doing what the market already knew years ago and switching to a 4bar horst link” 

The question with this new eeb is gonna be how are they going to convince average mountain bikers (who know linkages but not geo/packaging/kinematic) that it's just too hard to make a full size VPP ebike when they have 2 out already. If the bike is significantly cheaper I'd be convinced!

1 day ago
Carraig042 wrote:

1000003900 2.jpg?VersionId=sqIq99eZAZq

Could be the wireless dropper that Kazimer mentioned is coming from an existing dropper manufacturer? One that has its battery/actuation at the bottom of the post?

Or... just a color/graphic update?

MauiMax
Fantasy
2292nd
1 day ago
Carraig042 wrote:

I feel like PNW is due a new post of some sort.

Im hoping its an electronic dropper to stick it to fox and RS

thresh
21 hours ago
boozed wrote:

(Am I too cynical?)

The question with this new eeb is gonna be how are they going to convince average mountain bikers (who know linkages but not geo/packaging/kinematic) that it's...

The question with this new eeb is gonna be how are they going to convince average mountain bikers (who know linkages but not geo/packaging/kinematic) that it's just too hard to make a full size VPP ebike when they have 2 out already. If the bike is significantly cheaper I'd be convinced!

I think "cheap" and "santa cruz" are two disjoint sets.

I mean, it already dilutes the brand value for being not a VPP (although they do have Blur as well), and further dropping the perceived value of a brand by making bikes cheap... Pon have GT, Focus and Schwinn to sell cheap(-er) bikes.

Kusa
Fantasy
1942nd
20 hours ago Edited Date/Time 20 hours ago

I have noticed this graphic on the RS shock on an updated (color, spec wise) Smuggler. I have never seen it before, but it might be nothing. Seems like Transition updated a few bikes with new colors and spec, including Vivid shock on the Patrol.

image 59

lickmycrinkle
17 hours ago
Kusa wrote:
I have noticed this graphic on the RS shock on an updated (color, spec wise) Smuggler. I have never seen it before, but it might be...

I have noticed this graphic on the RS shock on an updated (color, spec wise) Smuggler. I have never seen it before, but it might be nothing. Seems like Transition updated a few bikes with new colors and spec, including Vivid shock on the Patrol.

image 59

The white band at the bottom of the piggy denotes D1 (new piston and rebound check plate), although the graphics seem to be specced/custom for this bike.

lickmycrinkle
17 hours ago
ahleic09 wrote:
Blenki on what looks like the new frameworks for US Open Dual Slalom

Blenki on what looks like the new frameworks for US Open Dual Slalom IMG 4310

Openly shown on WynTV. Neko explains it.Screenshot 2024-09-28 092626

NicoZesty96
17 hours ago

remember that Boss came out with new suspension the other day? well it seems like they want to make brakes as well

IMG 1504
krabo83
17 hours ago
Lacanuck24 wrote:
Could be the wireless dropper that Kazimer mentioned is coming from an existing dropper manufacturer? One that has its battery/actuation at the bottom of the post?Or...

Could be the wireless dropper that Kazimer mentioned is coming from an existing dropper manufacturer? One that has its battery/actuation at the bottom of the post?

Or... just a color/graphic update?

bike yoke has a wireless dropper in the pipeline, pretty sure kaz meant this one.

krabo83
17 hours ago
johnmcginn wrote:
New pivot is looking almost done - no longer lugged

New pivot is looking almost done - no longer luggedIMG 4794 0

get back a couple pages, full review is already in the enduro mtb app… launch should be in october.

17 hours ago
Carraig042 wrote:

I feel like PNW is due a new post of some sort.

MauiMax wrote:

Im hoping its an electronic dropper to stick it to fox and RS

It's completely silver. The stanchion and body are both polished silver.

Primoz
Fantasy
896th
15 hours ago
sharpy212 wrote:

Is this suspension platform going to be exclusive to the e-bikes… or will the new Megatower have a similar layout? 

Finkill wrote:
I feel like a big driving force behind a lot of the branded suspension designs was the FSR/Horst Link patent closing off the use of the...

I feel like a big driving force behind a lot of the branded suspension designs was the FSR/Horst Link patent closing off the use of the best layout to other brands; now that protection has gone a lot of brands have adopted that layout. It would not surprise me if more brands move towards the classic 4-bar layout as it's a versatile solution. Not sure if Santa Cruz will be rolling this out over the whole range just yet. 

That has already happened. Scott and Transition went 4 bar to name two (there are others I can't remember right now) while YT and Canyon expanded into the North American market after the patent ran out.

Finkill
Fantasy
3558th
15 hours ago
Primoz wrote:
That has already happened. Scott and Transition went 4 bar to name two (there are others I can't remember right now) while YT and Canyon expanded...

That has already happened. Scott and Transition went 4 bar to name two (there are others I can't remember right now) while YT and Canyon expanded into the North American market after the patent ran out.

Yep, plus Marin and several others. Wonder if we will end up with this being the dominant design across the whole industry. 

Jakub_G
15 hours ago
remember that Boss came out with new suspension the other day? well it seems like they want to make brakes as well 

IMG 1504

This brake was posted in that post as well.

sethimus
Fantasy
2408th
14 hours ago

IMG 1504
Jakub_G wrote:

This brake was posted in that post as well.

and the name of the company was spelled right. how can you fuck up the spelling of a 3 letter company name?

peecee
Fantasy
318th
14 hours ago
johnmcginn wrote:
New pivot is looking almost done - no longer lugged

New pivot is looking almost done - no longer luggedIMG 4794 0

Lots of details pics from a leak a couple of pages back 

Post a reply to: MTB Tech Rumors and Innovation

The Latest