2025 Race Talk

casey79
Fantasy
1219th
6 hours ago
casey79 wrote:
WHOOP UCI MOUNTAIN BIKE WORLD SERIES 2025 CALENDAR:Round 1 / April 3-6: Araxá - Minas Gerais, Brazil (UCI Cross-country World Cup)Round 2 / April 10-12: Araxá...
IMG 6719IMG 6718.jpeg?VersionId=l hXI0mJR6IhfHLNidIMG 6717 0

WHOOP UCI MOUNTAIN BIKE WORLD SERIES 2025 CALENDAR:

Round 1 / April 3-6: Araxá - Minas Gerais, Brazil (UCI Cross-country World Cup)

Round 2 / April 10-12: Araxá - Minas Gerais, Brazil (UCI Cross-country World Cup)

Round 3 / May 9-11: Pietra Ligure – Finale Outdoor Region, Italy (UCI Enduro World Cup)

Round 4 / May 16-18: Enduro Trails - Bielsko-Biała, Poland (UCI Downhill and Enduro World Cup)

Round 5 / May 23-25: Nové Město Na Moravě, Czechia (UCI Cross-country World Cup)

Round 6 / May 30-June 1: Loudenvielle-Peyragudes, France (UCI Downhill and Enduro World Cup)

Round 7 / June 5-8: Saalfelden Leogang - Salzburgerland, Austria (UCI Cross-country, Downhill and Enduro World Cup)

Round 8 / June 20-22: Val di Sole – Trentino, Italy (UCI Cross-country and Downhill World Cup)

Round 9 / June 27-29: Val di Fassa - Trentino, Italy (UCI Enduro World Cup)

Round 10 / July 3-6: La Thuile – Valle d’Aosta, Italy (UCI Downhill and Enduro World Cup)

Round 11 / July 9-13: Pal Arinsal - Andorra (UCI Cross-country and Downhill World Cup)

Round 12 / August 21-31: Haute-Savoie, France (UCI Cross-country, Downhill and Enduro World Cup)

Round 13 / September 18-21: Bike Kingdom - Lenzerheide, Switzerland (UCI Cross-country and Downhill World Cup)

Round 14 / October 3-5: Lake Placid Olympic Region, New York, USA (UCI Cross-country and Downhill World Cup)

Round 15 / October 9-12: Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada (UCI Cross-country and Downhill World Cup)

Number of rounds each discipline:

10 DH
10 XC
7 Enduro

What happened to the death of Enduro?

European centric with only 4 rounds outside of the Europe. Back to back XC rounds in Brazil and back to back DH/XC double headers in Nth America. 

jonkranked
Fantasy
824th
6 hours ago

Lake Placid DH world cup.... Assuming it's gonna be at Whiteface 

sspomer
Fantasy
50th
6 hours ago

no ft bill season opener. wheels rejoicing.

casey79
Fantasy
1219th
6 hours ago
sspomer wrote:

As will a majority of the riders who openly disliked the track. 

dwhere
Fantasy
134th
6 hours ago Edited Date/Time 6 hours ago

is there a date for 2025 US Open (or the whole US National Series) yet? Trying to determine my MTB vacation schedule. 

casey79
Fantasy
1219th
6 hours ago
dwhere wrote:

is there a date for 2025 US Open (or the whole US National Series) yet? Trying to determine my MTB vacation schedule. 

Smart money would say the US Open will be the weekend before the Lake Placid round. 

banj
Fantasy
140th
5 hours ago
sspomer wrote:

casey79 wrote:

And this fan who's been complaining for years about how boring a race it is to watch!

Batts
Fantasy
818th
5 hours ago
jonkranked wrote:

Don't assume, likely to be at Hoevenberg??  Whiteface is over 45 minutes from Hoevenberg, they use the same TV crew/cameras to broadcast XC and DH, logistically this will not work.  Going to be interesting to see how this evolves.  Not sure Hoevenberg has the terrain.  Whiteface would not be from the top, I think WB wants sub 4 minute courses for broadcasting so only time will tell.  Excited for more rounds of DH, sucks no Ft Bill but that does not mean gone forever.  

jonkranked
Fantasy
824th
5 hours ago Edited Date/Time 4 hours ago
jonkranked wrote:

Batts wrote:
Don't assume, likely to be at Hoevenberg??  Whiteface is over 45 minutes from Hoevenberg, they use the same TV crew/cameras to broadcast XC and DH, logistically...

Don't assume, likely to be at Hoevenberg??  Whiteface is over 45 minutes from Hoevenberg, they use the same TV crew/cameras to broadcast XC and DH, logistically this will not work.  Going to be interesting to see how this evolves.  Not sure Hoevenberg has the terrain.  Whiteface would not be from the top, I think WB wants sub 4 minute courses for broadcasting so only time will tell.  Excited for more rounds of DH, sucks no Ft Bill but that does not mean gone forever.  

they don't have a bikepark (just xc trails), they don't even have downhill skiing. as far as I can tell, the only was up they have is a gondola, and even that appears to only access the ski long jump facility. there is an access road for bobsledding, but that seems to be it. 

they did dump a bunch of money into the XC course, so yea, you're right -  I wouldn't say it's impossible.  IMO still unlikely when there are other venues in the region that do already have the infrastructure. 

also - 2023 world champs were held in multiple locations across scotland, so its not unprecedented for the different disciplines to be held at different venues. still logistically challenging.  xc and DH courses rarely overlap (and not much if/when they do), so at the very least they have (mostly) separate camera setups/locations.

edit to add - it lists it as "Lake Placid Olympic Region" which to me indicates it could be more than 1 venue.  worth noting that back in the 1980 olympics, whiteface held the alpine ski events, and van Hoevenberg held the nordic ski events (and bobsled, etc).

Batts
Fantasy
818th
4 hours ago
jonkranked wrote:

Batts wrote:
Don't assume, likely to be at Hoevenberg??  Whiteface is over 45 minutes from Hoevenberg, they use the same TV crew/cameras to broadcast XC and DH, logistically...

jonkranked wrote:
they don't have a bikepark (just xc trails), they don't even have downhill skiing. as far as I can tell, the only was up they have...

they don't have a bikepark (just xc trails), they don't even have downhill skiing. as far as I can tell, the only was up they have is a gondola, and even that appears to only access the ski long jump facility. there is an access road for bobsledding, but that seems to be it. 

they did dump a bunch of money into the XC course, so yea, you're right -  I wouldn't say it's impossible.  IMO still unlikely when there are other venues in the region that do already have the infrastructure. 

also - 2023 world champs were held in multiple locations across scotland, so its not unprecedented for the different disciplines to be held at different venues. still logistically challenging.  xc and DH courses rarely overlap (and not much if/when they do), so at the very least they have (mostly) separate camera setups/locations.

edit to add - it lists it as "Lake Placid Olympic Region" which to me indicates it could be more than 1 venue.  worth noting that back in the 1980 olympics, whiteface held the alpine ski events, and van Hoevenberg held the nordic ski events (and bobsled, etc).

They have nothing, appears they pulled off the XC but elevation does not seem viable for DH??  Best I can tell is the bobsled course has only about 750ft of vert from top to bottom.  MVH peak is slightly higher, but not much, maybe 300 ft higher??  Someone on the other site mentioned ORDA is putting a lift in at MVH???

woodchuuk
4 hours ago

it’s at whiteface. it was openly discussed at the XC this past weekend. 

jonkranked
Fantasy
824th
4 hours ago
Batts wrote:
They have nothing, appears they pulled off the XC but elevation does not seem viable for DH??  Best I can tell is the bobsled course has...

They have nothing, appears they pulled off the XC but elevation does not seem viable for DH??  Best I can tell is the bobsled course has only about 750ft of vert from top to bottom.  MVH peak is slightly higher, but not much, maybe 300 ft higher??  Someone on the other site mentioned ORDA is putting a lift in at MVH???

after a bit more googling, it would seem that MVH only has about 1000 vertical feet. 

jonkranked
Fantasy
824th
4 hours ago
woodchuuk wrote:

know of any links to interviews or anything that mention it?

Batts
Fantasy
818th
4 hours ago
woodchuuk wrote:

That is good news.

Ron_Goldstone
Fantasy
198th
3 hours ago
BGoldstone wrote:

The date of that haute savoie race is tough for non euros.

World champs is the week after in Champery and then Lendzerhinde a week later so It makes sense.

Hopefully, they will be able to put Loudenville and Andorra closer together in the future.

jonkranked
Fantasy
824th
2 hours ago

i just saw it mentioned elsewhere that ORDA (NY Olympic Regional Development Authority) has a 3 year contract for XC. 

1 hour ago
jonkranked wrote:

Batts wrote:

Mount Van Hoevenburg does not have the vertical, terrain, or infrastructure for a DH race, Whiteface does as they already host many World Cup events each year in the winter months. Also, Whiteface is around 12 miles from Van Ho and is an easy 15-minute drive.

I am sure they will build a whole new track as the trails we used have not been touched in over 5 years. The new trails will most likely be machine-built with some big features. I hope they use some of the old single-track.

Mr.Nally
1 hour ago
jonkranked wrote:
they don't have a bikepark (just xc trails), they don't even have downhill skiing. as far as I can tell, the only was up they have...

World champs 2023 (except Xco) had nothing to do with Warner bros. 

Doing different venues for different disciplines works fine for a one off event (see Valais MTB worlds in 25). It's much more challenging for a smaller crew of travelling riggers and staff who do back to back weeks etc.. so while whiteface might be best option for DH. I'm sure they are exploring all possibilities 

1 hour ago Edited Date/Time 1 hour ago
jonkranked wrote:

i just saw it mentioned elsewhere that ORDA (NY Olympic Regional Development Authority) has a 3 year contract for XC. 

ORDA signed a 3-year contract with the UCI for XC at Van Ho for 1.3 million dollars.

jonkranked
Fantasy
824th
1 hour ago

ORDA signed a 3-year contract with the UCI for XC at Van Ho for 1.3 million dollars.

hey Mike! ha your post in FB is actually where I saw that info.  hope life is good in the southwest!

jonkranked
Fantasy
824th
41 minutes ago
jonkranked wrote:

Mr.Nally wrote:
World champs 2023 (except Xco) had nothing to do with Warner bros. Doing different venues for different disciplines works fine for a one off event (see Valais...

World champs 2023 (except Xco) had nothing to do with Warner bros. 

Doing different venues for different disciplines works fine for a one off event (see Valais MTB worlds in 25). It's much more challenging for a smaller crew of travelling riggers and staff who do back to back weeks etc.. so while whiteface might be best option for DH. I'm sure they are exploring all possibilities 

i never mentioned WB, but as has been pointed out MVH doesn't have the terrain/elevation or infrastructure for downhill.  yes there are additional logistical challenges of providing coverage at 2 venues, but in the bigger scheme of things that's an easier challenge to solve than a venue that's unsuitable for the race format.

ardor
Fantasy
1797th
33 minutes ago
sspomer wrote:

casey79 wrote:

It's my least favourite as a fan, too. But I still feel sad to see such a legendary location no longer on the schedule. And the UK MTB scene are HUGE fans of the sport. It feels like a sore one to see gone. 

Mr.Nally
6 minutes ago
ardor wrote:
It's my least favourite as a fan, too. But I still feel sad to see such a legendary location no longer on the schedule. And the...

It's my least favourite as a fan, too. But I still feel sad to see such a legendary location no longer on the schedule. And the UK MTB scene are HUGE fans of the sport. It feels like a sore one to see gone. 

there was no WC in Fort William in 2020 and 2021, the break was good. Press blurb says they want to get WC back in Fort William in 2026. Change is good

Post a reply to: 2025 Race Talk

The Latest