2025 Race Talk

Karabuka
Fantasy
3075th
9/16/2024 9:46am
If we're making bets, here's mine (at least for the European locations). It's based on previous years location and dates. I added La Thuile/Aosta at the...

If we're making bets, here's mine (at least for the European locations). It's based on previous years location and dates. I added La Thuile/Aosta at the end of August because of all of the rumours. There's one venue left that I can't figure out though:

DHI 03-04.05.2025 – Europe                                    FORT WILLIAM
EDR 10-11.05.2025 – Europe                                   FINALE LIGURE
DHI/EDR 17-18.05.2025 – Europe                            BIELSKO-BIALA
XCO/XCM 23-25.05.2025 – Europe                          NOVE MESTO
EDR 31.05-01.06.2025 – Europe                              PETZEN/JAMNICA
XCO/DHI/EDR 06-08.06.2025 – Europe                   LEOGANG        
XCO/DHI 13-15.06.2025 – Europe                            VAL DI SOLE
XCO/DHI 20-22.06.2025 – Europe                             LES GETS
EDR 28-29.06.2025 – Europe                                    VAL DI FASSA
DHI/EDR 05-06.07.2025 – Europe                             ???
DHI/EDR 19-20.07.2025 – Europe                             LOUDENVIELLE                
XCO/DHI 25-27.07.2025 – Europe                             LENZERHEIDE
XCO/DHI 01-03.08.2025 – Europe                             PAL ARINSAL
EDR/XCM 16-17.08.2025 – Europe                           COMBLOUX/MEGEVE
XCO/DHI/EDR/XCM 22-24.08.2025 – Europe            LA THUILE

Loudenvielle to Lenzerheide to Pal Arsinal: you need to swap two for this list to make sense, even they are not stupid enough to go from Pyrenees to Switzerland and then back just for giggles.

andyjr77
9/16/2024 9:49am
nsp234 wrote:
oh dear, this sounds like a real shitshow. How are they so troubled fixing their stuff in time? These days, when the industry is struggling, they...

oh dear, this sounds like a real shitshow. How are they so troubled fixing their stuff in time? These days, when the industry is struggling, they add more adversities🙈
Also, why just european venues? 

Not to sound like I'm defending them, it's likely the tourist boards who fund the bids have delayed budget sign-off processes during the global squeeze on consumer spend.

Re: overrepresentation of European venues - it'd be interesting to see volume of non-EU bids and acceptance rate/percentage vs the same for EU.

earleb
Fantasy
276th
9/16/2024 1:44pm

Regarding no races outside Europe.... appears some idiot forgot to cut n paste page two when the leaked the document.

My bets.

9 -28 Whistler

10-5 New York ( I forget where this was in the earlier rumors)

10-12 MSA

The documents mentioned changes to the rules for the 3 year minimum at C1 level before it can be a WC. I think Whistler has been jumping through the hoops for years now to get this, moving from BC Cup races to Canada Cup, the place in New York would get in on this new rule change. 

Froman1331
Fantasy
378th
9/16/2024 6:11pm

Just to throw this out there, wouldn’t it be interesting to see the EDR come back to Sugarloaf for a part of the series, or world champs? Yes, there’s nothing around there really, but all the riders seemed to love it and it LOOKED like there was good attendance by spectators. It’d be interesting. At least as a prospect considering MSA is a drive away.  No idea if the mountain is large enough, but maybe a downhill race, or gasp, a XCO race on the other side of the valley?

lloyd506
Fantasy
213th
9/16/2024 8:01pm

What about killington for the other North American stop?  Sounds like lots of pros headed for the us open this year. Close to st Anne for teams to travel with a van setup. Be a shame to loose the us open but with how good those guys are at building a track and race culture they could turn out new events and feeder series every few years. Part of the leaked document mentioned new venues hosting a high level event for a few year before world cups. Us open is a great way to do that. 

madsam9
9/17/2024 3:04am
If we're making bets, here's mine (at least for the European locations). It's based on previous years location and dates. I added La Thuile/Aosta at the...

If we're making bets, here's mine (at least for the European locations). It's based on previous years location and dates. I added La Thuile/Aosta at the end of August because of all of the rumours. There's one venue left that I can't figure out though:

La Thuile is July 5th and 6th

9/17/2024 3:25am

Maybe the missing one is Les Orres. Word on the street is they have been wanting to host a worldcup for years and yesterday they announced some big news on ig. And on top the track they have there is bonkers. They hosted French nationals one or two years ago and last weekend there was the final round of the French downhill cup. You can see lots of the track in this recap by fast as French. Its all in between the interviews.

https://youtu.be/nSWoDCMYmMY?si=6ubWsXxEjyotkiI2 

9/17/2024 4:05am

Moreover, Les Orres already hosted an EWS event in 2019. I rode few trails in this area (not the bikepark) this summer, all were great.

veefour
Fantasy
315th
9/17/2024 4:41am Edited Date/Time 9/17/2024 4:43am

So if venues have to be Cat1 for 3 years before hosting a WC how would it work for La Thuile and other rumoured venues who haven't hosted DH before?

lloyd506
Fantasy
213th
9/17/2024 8:49am

Any chance dh going back to Lousa in Portugal? 

Mtbbeta
Fantasy
1023rd
9/20/2024 11:29am
lloyd506 wrote:
What about killington for the other North American stop?  Sounds like lots of pros headed for the us open this year. Close to st Anne for...

What about killington for the other North American stop?  Sounds like lots of pros headed for the us open this year. Close to st Anne for teams to travel with a van setup. Be a shame to loose the us open but with how good those guys are at building a track and race culture they could turn out new events and feeder series every few years. Part of the leaked document mentioned new venues hosting a high level event for a few year before world cups. Us open is a great way to do that. 

I love Killy but it does not have a good track to race. Goat Skull is what the US Open races and it just isn't steep enough. They have the terrain to make a good Steep trail but not the support to maintain it.

Whiteface which is rumored is awesome but hasn't had riding there in 5+ years and would be a great venue but they would need to invest a lot to get a WC track there. 

schwaaa31
Fantasy
807th
9/20/2024 11:50am
Mtbbeta wrote:
I love Killy but it does not have a good track to race. Goat Skull is what the US Open races and it just isn't steep...

I love Killy but it does not have a good track to race. Goat Skull is what the US Open races and it just isn't steep enough. They have the terrain to make a good Steep trail but not the support to maintain it.

Whiteface which is rumored is awesome but hasn't had riding there in 5+ years and would be a great venue but they would need to invest a lot to get a WC track there. 

According to the race organizer, it’ll be off the top next year for the Open. They like to keep the course so that every class can race the same course as it’s an open race. 

schwaaa31
Fantasy
807th
9/20/2024 12:05pm

And yes, I agree. Goat Skull doesn’t really challenge the top riders. I wish the would (could?) build more trails off the top. 

smelly
9/23/2024 3:21am
earleb wrote:
Regarding no races outside Europe.... appears some idiot forgot to cut n paste page two when the leaked the document.My bets.9 -28 Whistler10-5 New York (...

Regarding no races outside Europe.... appears some idiot forgot to cut n paste page two when the leaked the document.

My bets.

9 -28 Whistler

10-5 New York ( I forget where this was in the earlier rumors)

10-12 MSA

The documents mentioned changes to the rules for the 3 year minimum at C1 level before it can be a WC. I think Whistler has been jumping through the hoops for years now to get this, moving from BC Cup races to Canada Cup, the place in New York would get in on this new rule change. 

Would be great to see those three locations, but it  seems absurd to go Canada-US-Canada. And to host MSA in October. They might as well cancel it due to weather ahead of time. 

Remember when they held Hafjell in September and it was like 0 degrees every morning?

fartsack
Fantasy
2137th
9/23/2024 4:38am

Lenzerheide end of September will be a gamble as well.

Mr.Nally
9/23/2024 8:23am
smelly wrote:
Would be great to see those three locations, but it  seems absurd to go Canada-US-Canada. And to host MSA in October. They might as well cancel...

Would be great to see those three locations, but it  seems absurd to go Canada-US-Canada. And to host MSA in October. They might as well cancel it due to weather ahead of time. 

Remember when they held Hafjell in September and it was like 0 degrees every morning?

MSA is in October this year and was also in October last year. 

woodchuuk
9/24/2024 10:18am

i think it’ll be whis, msa then lake placid. 

that order keeps the international border crossings at 2, and also puts lake placid on Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples Day weekend which is huge for autumn tourism in the US. 

plus, placid has XCM this coming weekend, and the event scheduled 10-12 Oct next year also has XCM. 

sspomer
Fantasy
50th
1 day ago

2025 crankworx schedule

Crankworx 2025: World Tour Dates Announced
for a Year of Global Competition and Celebration 

WHISTLER, BC, September 25, 2024 — Crankworx, the ultimate experience in mountain biking, is set to return in 2025, delivering a year of thrilling competition and community celebration. Spanning more than five stops, the Crankworx World Tour continues to provide an unparalleled platform for athletes to showcase their skills while uniting fans and industry professionals alike. 

The 2025 Crankworx season is jam-packed with several Crankworx Summer Series festivals and three flagship Crankworx World Tour events. For the first time, the full schedule is being released earlier than ever, giving fans and athletes more time to plan for the action-packed year ahead.  

2025 Crankworx World Tour Dates: 

Crankworx Summer Series Christchurch: February 13-16

Crankworx Rotorua: March 5-9

Crankworx Cairns: May 21-25

Crankworx Summer Series SilverStar: August 1-4

Crankworx Whistler: August 8-17

Crankworx Summer Series Sugarloaf Bike Park: August 22-24 

All dates may be subject to change – keep your eyes peeled for updates and new Crankworx festivals coming soon

Community-Focused Events with Global Impact 

Crankworx remains deeply committed to fostering local talent and growing the mountain bike community. Crankworx Summer Series offers athletes - both amateur and professional - a pathway to the Crankworx World Tour. These community-driven events create an accessible platform for up-and-coming riders to compete within the global Crankworx framework and rub shoulders with international riders. 

Crankworx festivals continue to include categories for Amateur, Adaptive, CWNEXT, and Kidsworx competitors across a variety of disciplines, further enhancing the accessibility and inclusivity of these events. Riders of all ages and abilities can participate, experience the thrill of competition, and contribute to the vibrant community that Crankworx cultivates at every stop. 

Crankworx Summer Series Christchurch – February 13-16 
Returning stronger than ever after the 2024 cancellation due to a fire at Christchurch Adventure Park, this year’s festival will feature a FMBA-sanctioned Gold Level Slopestyle, a Downhill and Pump Track event. Organisers and the local community are excited to welcome Crankworx back to Christchurch. 

Crankworx Rotorua – March 5-9 
After celebrating its 10-year anniversary in 2024, Rotorua returns with a full slate of events, including the return of Downhill racing to the slopes of Mount Ngongotahā, Skyline Rotorua. Direct flights between the two mountain bike hubs make it the ultimate combo for athletes hopping between the New Zealand stops of Christchurch and Rotorua. 

“As a Rotorua tangata whenua, I look forward to racing here because it’s the only race my parents and family really get to enjoy with me,” said 2023 King of Crankworx Tuhoto-Ariki Pene. “Every other race I do is too far away from home, so it’s good that they get to see me rip down my maunga and for them to enjoy the festival as well.” With a stacked lineup of both local and international talent, Crankworx Rotorua promises once again to deliver a unique and memorable experience for all. 

Crankworx Cairns - May 21-25 
Dubbed the “Party in Paradise,” Crankworx Cairns is set against the stunning backdrop of North Queensland’s tropical rainforest and Great Barrier Reef. The iconic red soil and vibrant atmosphere continue to make Cairns a favorite for fans and athletes. “I think Cairns shows off some of the best Australia has to offer; from the landscape and wildlife to the culture and lifestyle,” says reigning King of Crankworx Ryan Gilchrist about the festival in his home country. 

Crankworx Summer Series Canada 
With several stops across the country – SilverStar and Sugarloaf Bike Park already confirmed - the Canadian Summer Series brings world-class competition to communities from Western Canada to the Atlantic Coast. SilverStar offers the perfect warm-up for the Whistler event with the return of the Gold Level Slopestyle event, while Sugarloaf made waves in 2024 as an instant hit with the Atlantic Canada community. Stay tuned on @crankworxsummerseries for news and details on the full Crankworx Summer Series Canada! 

Crankworx Whistler – August 8-17 
The season culminates at the birthplace of Crankworx – Whistler - for a 10-day festival. Moving from July to August, the dates have been chosen to better fit the international race schedule. As the 20th anniversary edition, this event promises to unite the mountain biking world in an epic celebration of sport, culture, and community. With legendary Downhill, Speed & Style, Pump Track, Dual Slalom, Whip-Off, and many more events alongside infamous Red Bull Joyride, Crankworx Whistler will be bringing together athletes and fans for a loaded celebration of mountain biking. 

Stay tuned for further details on the full 2025 Crankworx World Tour calendar, the specific disciplines and events for each stop, and make sure to follow @crankworx for updates and announcements. 

For more information, visit www.crankworx.com 

1 day ago
casey79 wrote:

No Innsbruck for 2025. 

The bottom part of the Innsbruck slopestyle, dual slalom is under construction for a hotel or something, they would have to find a new venue. Interestingly, Crankworks is not going to Europe this year, also interesting that crankworks has never been able to find a location that sticks in Europe 

veefour
Fantasy
315th
19 hours ago

Interested to see the new DH track in Rotorua. Apart from the "Larches" section I always thought the old Skyline track was pretty lame, hopefully it's been replaced with something a bit more testing.

Post a reply to: 2025 Race Talk

The Latest