2025 Team Rumors

Related:
Tarhic
7/22/2024 12:18pm
Nico_Hrndz wrote:

Andorra would fit the description for a back garden... So new french rider on Commençal Muc-off? That would probably mean Maples is off to somewhere else

derHector wrote:

As Loris lives in Andorra this might indicate he is of Trek and on Commencal...

bizutch wrote:

Doubtful 

Please, tell us why ?

Nico_Hrndz
Fantasy
561st
7/23/2024 12:49am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2024 12:52am
derHector wrote:

Yea, was my first guess too but I'm not sure he would do this move. 

I'd love to see him riding a proper bike next year, but after listening to Loïc's interview (here - in french only, sorry) I can't see him getting on a team where he would sit in the shadow of another rider (kinda). That's why he left Lapierre in the first place and that is why I'm dubitative about Loris + Momo on the same team. I am no insider at all so this is pure speculation tho, I might be totally wrong 😅

Him living in Andorra isn't a solid clue btw -Loïc lives there, so is Greg or even CG... mainly for fiscal purposes.

Tarhic
7/23/2024 2:11am
derHector wrote:

Nico_Hrndz wrote:
Yea, was my first guess too but I'm not sure he would do this move. I'd love to see him riding a proper bike next year, but...

Yea, was my first guess too but I'm not sure he would do this move. 

I'd love to see him riding a proper bike next year, but after listening to Loïc's interview (here - in french only, sorry) I can't see him getting on a team where he would sit in the shadow of another rider (kinda). That's why he left Lapierre in the first place and that is why I'm dubitative about Loris + Momo on the same team. I am no insider at all so this is pure speculation tho, I might be totally wrong 😅

Him living in Andorra isn't a solid clue btw -Loïc lives there, so is Greg or even CG... mainly for fiscal purposes.

Not sure if you listen to what Loic said. He is looking for something as good as possible and as Specialized Gravity is not an option, he should look into the second or third option: Syndicate ? Commencal MucOff especially if they want to destabilise Loic? 

Nico_Hrndz
Fantasy
561st
7/24/2024 1:07am
Tarhic wrote:
Not sure if you listen to what Loic said. He is looking for something as good as possible and as Specialized Gravity is not an option...

Not sure if you listen to what Loic said. He is looking for something as good as possible and as Specialized Gravity is not an option, he should look into the second or third option: Syndicate ? Commencal MucOff especially if they want to destabilise Loic? 

Yes you're right, "something as good as possible" but still, if I remember well he also says "he'd be looking for a team where he can let his personality blossom" -which could be a no-go with such a strong personality as Amaury's. Again this is just a guess, those two seem like nice guys and friends that would get along in a team. Just scratching my head, again I'm not an insider. 

Another question mark is the overall team budget: 2 Alran bros + Pompon + Momo + Loris seem like a lot of money. Don't know how Commençal ventilates their assets over their 3 main teams (MucOff / Dorval / IG Studio) though -or even if the 3 of them are actually funded by the brand. But if so, and if they get Loris in, maybe one of their current riders or team would be off the table (so Maples + ?). 

(That is a lot of ifs and maybes ^^) 

bizutch
Fantasy
684th
7/24/2024 6:52am

Trek letting Loris leave versus them simply putting more focus on his "asks".  I'd bet on his "asks" as opposed to simply having the guy walk.

It's just the ebb & flow of DH,  "My ideal setup would be..." gets taken as "I don't like where I'm at!"

When really...if you're winnning, people just say congrats & ask no questions.  If you're not winning...it can't just be that someone is faster?

Stewyeww
7/24/2024 8:07am

I can see Loris changing teams, he went from competing for race wins and titles to being outside the top 10 more than he is in it. I dont think Trek gives that much of a damn, they have there price and if he doesn't want it they will find someone else.

7/24/2024 9:23am
Stewyeww wrote:
I can see Loris changing teams, he went from competing for race wins and titles to being outside the top 10 more than he is in...

I can see Loris changing teams, he went from competing for race wins and titles to being outside the top 10 more than he is in it. I dont think Trek gives that much of a damn, they have there price and if he doesn't want it they will find someone else.

Trek gives a damn, they've been trying to keep him happy for over 2 years. He's not on the podium and winning races, so he's not happy and searching for F1 support like Loic gets. Trek/sponsors offering what they can but it's not reaping results and I don't think they're willing to totally re-design the bike for just him (not sure if that's what he's been asking). It's also evident from Redbull Race Tapes that he and Andrew Shandro aren't the best of friends. I think Andrew expects a lot out of him and Loris' personality doesn't totally jive with him. 

bizutch
Fantasy
684th
7/24/2024 9:24am
Stewyeww wrote:
I can see Loris changing teams, he went from competing for race wins and titles to being outside the top 10 more than he is in...

So let's rank the top World Cup racers in order of success last 5 years & predict trajectory for the next 3 since most DH contracts are only 2 years.
Who do you folks have as your top 10 ascending (meaning 5 podium appareances yr)???
Who are your top 10 descending (say...maybe 3 podium appearance in the next 2 year contract period)???

7/24/2024 9:40am

Redbull Race Tapes is an amazing series. I suggest everyone watch all the episodes. Or at least this Loris/Loic one. 
You can see the tension (Shandro expecting more/getting frustrated and Loris being dismissive as 'that's the best he can do') 
Clearly stuff can be edited out of context, etc. But there's obviously tension in how Shandro sees him performing and Loris being 'whatever' about his performance. 

Watch from ~18:00min>18:40min 

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/episodes/race-tapes-s2-e6

bizutch
Fantasy
684th
7/24/2024 9:42am
Stewyeww wrote:

Trek gives a damn, they've been trying to keep him happy for over 2 years. He's not on the podium and winning races, so he's not...

Trek gives a damn, they've been trying to keep him happy for over 2 years. He's not on the podium and winning races, so he's not happy and searching for F1 support like Loic gets. Trek/sponsors offering what they can but it's not reaping results and I don't think they're willing to totally re-design the bike for just him (not sure if that's what he's been asking). It's also evident from Redbull Race Tapes that he and Andrew Shandro aren't the best of friends. I think Andrew expects a lot out of him and Loris' personality doesn't totally jive with him. 

Here's a great chart of the move to Trek. It's about streaks if you compare Loris & Loic
Like shooters in basketball...they get on hot streaks 

Has podiumed this year. Results over span of 4 different teams since 2015 have gotten more consistent. He's less "Checkers or Wreckers".
Last 2 World Cups have been anomolies for everyone with the complete switch of conditions for the race itself.
When Loic comes across fist pumping over a salvage run, it's an anamoly.

image 8.png?VersionId=kiPuDrKOUj1T

Stewyeww
7/24/2024 10:09am
Redbull Race Tapes is an amazing series. I suggest everyone watch all the episodes. Or at least this Loris/Loic one. You can see the tension (Shandro expecting...

Redbull Race Tapes is an amazing series. I suggest everyone watch all the episodes. Or at least this Loris/Loic one. 
You can see the tension (Shandro expecting more/getting frustrated and Loris being dismissive as 'that's the best he can do') 
Clearly stuff can be edited out of context, etc. But there's obviously tension in how Shandro sees him performing and Loris being 'whatever' about his performance. 

Sounds like he is working for a manager he doesn't like, so would trek be more inclined to find a manager that he would work better with or Loris and trek to go seperate ways?

All-MTN-MTB
7/24/2024 11:46am
Redbull Race Tapes is an amazing series. I suggest everyone watch all the episodes. Or at least this Loris/Loic one. You can see the tension (Shandro expecting...

Stewyeww wrote:
Sounds like he is working for a manager he doesn't like, so would trek be more inclined to find a manager that he would work better...

Sounds like he is working for a manager he doesn't like, so would trek be more inclined to find a manager that he would work better with or Loris and trek to go seperate ways?

Shandro seems to be very well connected and is quite prominent in the North American gravity scene, so I think Loris would get the boot first if there is conflict there. I doubt they’re actively trying to get rid of him though. It makes sense that he would want a change of scenery since it hasn’t gone well lately. 

dolface
Fantasy
610th
7/24/2024 12:15pm
Shandro seems to be very well connected and is quite prominent in the North American gravity scene, so I think Loris would get the boot first...

Shandro seems to be very well connected and is quite prominent in the North American gravity scene, so I think Loris would get the boot first if there is conflict there. I doubt they’re actively trying to get rid of him though. It makes sense that he would want a change of scenery since it hasn’t gone well lately. 

Agree, and he's been w/ Trek since dinosaurs ruled the earth...

7/24/2024 12:43pm

I agree with the last two posts... Trek are not going to fire Shandro over Loris. I also don't think Loris is leaving just because of Shandro. Again, I don't think he's getting the full F1 treatment he wants. Like getting custom parts made for the bike, ability to design bike the he wants, Rockshox doing 100% custom damper technology for him, etc. Trek knows that firing Shandro is not going to necessarily keep Loris around and it's not worth losing Andrew in that case. 

brash
7/24/2024 2:43pm

All this Trek talk, where do you think this lands Mr Wilson, dudes kicked a black cat under a ladder on Friday the 13th on the injury front. Is he contracted for '25?

mfoga
Fantasy
168th
7/24/2024 4:57pm

Where ever Loris goes please be back on Fox🤣

dolface
Fantasy
610th
7/24/2024 5:19pm
mfoga wrote:

Where ever Loris goes please be back on Fox🤣

And bring back Dialed!

Nico_Hrndz
Fantasy
561st
7/25/2024 12:48am

Didn't see the series, thanks for the link. 

There is definitely a tension between Shandro and Loris, that's striking. Might have been edited out of context as you said, I have the same "F1 drive to survive" feeling by watching the extract: "woooo, dramaaa"

If this tension has been there all season, that would be a clear indicator of why he'd be looking for a more "open-minded" team. 

Mugen
Fantasy
1881st
7/25/2024 3:05am

Nico_Hrndz wrote:
Didn't see the series, thanks for the link. There is definitely a tension between Shandro and Loris, that's striking. Might have been edited out of context as...

Didn't see the series, thanks for the link. 

There is definitely a tension between Shandro and Loris, that's striking. Might have been edited out of context as you said, I have the same "F1 drive to survive" feeling by watching the extract: "woooo, dramaaa"

If this tension has been there all season, that would be a clear indicator of why he'd be looking for a more "open-minded" team. 

The race tapes people were on the pinkbike podcast and they were very clear that they are trying to tell dramatic stories, even if those are exagerations of the truth, so I wouldn't read too much into them.

For Loris, I always get the feeling that he doesn't respond well to pressure in the same way that Loic/Amaury/Gwin and other top contenders can feed off it or brush it off. He has had a stellar career regardless when you look at the numbers. I imagine it can be a difficult when he is not getting consistent podiums, as any addtional pressure from team or sponsors can lead to a downward spiral. 

bizutch
Fantasy
684th
7/25/2024 9:00am
Mugen wrote:
The race tapes people were on the pinkbike podcast and they were very clear that they are trying to tell dramatic stories, even if those are...

The race tapes people were on the pinkbike podcast and they were very clear that they are trying to tell dramatic stories, even if those are exagerations of the truth, so I wouldn't read too much into them.

For Loris, I always get the feeling that he doesn't respond well to pressure in the same way that Loic/Amaury/Gwin and other top contenders can feed off it or brush it off. He has had a stellar career regardless when you look at the numbers. I imagine it can be a difficult when he is not getting consistent podiums, as any addtional pressure from team or sponsors can lead to a downward spiral. 

"...downward spiral" is the dramatic verbage of media.

owl-x
Fantasy
1047th
7/25/2024 9:29am

Again: Loris is an all-time top ten guy, overall podium local. He continues to kill it! 

Tarhic
7/25/2024 11:17am

Loris with a “bad” year is still in the top 10 … so clearly he is a top dog ! 
Can’t wait to see where he will be going ! 

7/25/2024 7:09pm
brash wrote:
All this Trek talk, where do you think this lands Mr Wilson, dudes kicked a black cat under a ladder on Friday the 13th on the...

All this Trek talk, where do you think this lands Mr Wilson, dudes kicked a black cat under a ladder on Friday the 13th on the injury front. Is he contracted for '25?

Definitely worth keeping around I reckon . He's shown he can win and looked fairly good at the start of this season . Just needs a clear run of being free from injury and he's a top ten contender . He's still relatively young as well I think .

Comes across as a good bloke as well so it would be nice to see him have a bit of luck .

mfoga
Fantasy
168th
7/25/2024 8:33pm
owl-x wrote:

Again: Loris is an all-time top ten guy, overall podium local. He continues to kill it! 

I’m not sure he makes top 10 of all time.

7/30/2024 4:43am

Katy Winton on specialized? Looks alot like the new stumpy  

IMG 1399
dolface
Fantasy
610th
7/30/2024 5:26am
29 wrote:

IMG 1399

Would be awesome if she's getting some support!

veefour
Fantasy
268th
7/30/2024 7:24am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2024 7:41am
29 wrote:

IMG 1399

Mmm, not for me, I think it looks different around the area where the seat stays meet the rocker. Also no sign of the clevis (although I guess it might not be fitted if it's frame only). 

SpecializedA-2.jpg?VersionId=NPTF5rDijr

Primoz
Fantasy
783rd
7/30/2024 7:32am

Of course there's a clevis, it's the bright part to the left of the clown. But it's not the new Stumpy if it is a Stumpy.

Post a reply to: 2025 Team Rumors

The Latest