2025 Team Rumors

Related:
sspomer
Fantasy
66th
Edited Date/Time 7/11/2024 7:17am

5 of 7 2024 World Cup DH races are in the books, Worlds is on the horizon and riders are definitely talking with brands if they're looking for a new ride. Let the gossip begin.

|
7/6/2024 11:37pm

I posted this in the old thread as this one didn't exist at the time but....

Heard from someone who knows about the negotiations.... a lucky rider has just stolen away in the Scottish night with a new contract for an impressive payday.

barryjenson
7/6/2024 11:50pm

Scottish riders

greg williamson - Madison English brand currently injured. Had good results so far 

reece Wilson - lucky with worlds? Lucky with injuries? Always injured, doing tv work?

veefour
Fantasy
268th
7/7/2024 12:27am

Surely someone will give Ella Svegby a ride for next year, she's been very impressive .

boozed
7/7/2024 4:24am

Lucky rider - Irish

Scottish night - Burns

Other than that I've got nothing

vweb
Fantasy
1253rd
7/7/2024 8:04am

Earlier each year, let's feed it !

barryjenson
7/7/2024 10:09am

A French rider riding for a team in their back garden

a investment company not investing 

three leaves all In the same country on a brand from the same country

shreda
7/7/2024 4:26pm
A French rider riding for a team in their back garden   a investment company not investing  three leaves all In the same country on a...

Dorval out of Dorval Commencal…

7/7/2024 7:22pm
A French rider riding for a team in their back garden   a investment company not investing  three leaves all In the same country on a...

"three leaves": could Dylan Maples be one of them? Not sure who the others might be...

mtbAndy
Fantasy
133rd
7/8/2024 4:49am

"three leaves": could Dylan Maples be one of them? Not sure who the others might be...

Or the leaves could be the maple leaf of the Canadian flag. Could this be the return of Devinci or Rocky Mountain?

noodlenosteeze
Fantasy
1675th
7/9/2024 9:47am

I know Gwyn's not done with racing any time soon, but can I say I would love to see him lean into owning Windrock more in the coming years? Perhaps put things into motion to make it a World Cup DH/Enduro/XC stop?

7/9/2024 12:33pm
I know Gwyn's not done with racing any time soon, but can I say I would love to see him lean into owning Windrock more in...

I know Gwyn's not done with racing any time soon, but can I say I would love to see him lean into owning Windrock more in the coming years? Perhaps put things into motion to make it a World Cup DH/Enduro/XC stop?

I forget which forum this was already discussed, but the local infrastructure (apparently) can't handle it. Some commenters said it could handle a Redbull Hardline race, but a World Cup would be too difficult for the entire circus to find lodging, food, etc

Primoz
Fantasy
783rd
7/9/2024 12:41pm

Aaron's VitalMTB podcast from the Crestline announcement.

noodlenosteeze
Fantasy
1675th
7/9/2024 1:01pm
I know Gwyn's not done with racing any time soon, but can I say I would love to see him lean into owning Windrock more in...

I forget which forum this was already discussed, but the local infrastructure (apparently) can't handle it. Some commenters said it could handle a Redbull Hardline race...

I forget which forum this was already discussed, but the local infrastructure (apparently) can't handle it. Some commenters said it could handle a Redbull Hardline race, but a World Cup would be too difficult for the entire circus to find lodging, food, etc

I mean.. Windrock is about 45 min away from Knoxville. I guess lodging would be hard right at the venue because it's not necessarily a resort. It's not a super long drive though, not sure I buy that. 

roost66
Fantasy
80th
7/9/2024 1:07pm

I forget which forum this was already discussed, but the local infrastructure (apparently) can't handle it. Some commenters said it could handle a Redbull Hardline race...

I mean.. Windrock is about 45 min away from Knoxville. I guess lodging would be hard right at the venue because it's not necessarily a resort...

I mean.. Windrock is about 45 min away from Knoxville. I guess lodging would be hard right at the venue because it's not necessarily a resort. It's not a super long drive though, not sure I buy that. 

On site facilities like bathrooms, water etc are all issues.  

Shuttles and parking would also be issue with spectators and large field of riders.  

noodlenosteeze
Fantasy
1675th
7/9/2024 1:25pm

I mean.. Windrock is about 45 min away from Knoxville. I guess lodging would be hard right at the venue because it's not necessarily a resort...

roost66 wrote:
On site facilities like bathrooms, water etc are all issues.     Shuttles and parking would also be issue with spectators and large field of riders...

On site facilities like bathrooms, water etc are all issues.  

Shuttles and parking would also be issue with spectators and large field of riders.  

Oh yeah, guess I didn't think about that. It could be added in the future, but who knows.

7/9/2024 1:51pm

There is a thread i started regarding the possibility on Windrock hosting a Hardline event.. I know the financial outlay is big to get a WC, someone on that thread pointed out the lack of infrastructure there.. I would guess Hardline wouldn't need as much as a WC..

7/9/2024 7:49pm
veefour wrote:

Surely someone will give Ella Svegby a ride for next year, she's been very impressive .

She seemed to come out of nowhere and excel on the Junior WC circuit: 3 races, no quali lower than 5th and no race result lower than 4th. I thought I saw something that said she's done Enduro and that she won the Swedish national Downhill championship for Junior women last year, but now I can't find where I saw that. 

The Junior women have been a massively pleasant surprise this year and in 2023. Women's Elite could shape up to be something very special in the next 2 or 3 years, the way these young women are performing. 

bizutch
Fantasy
684th
7/10/2024 2:02pm

There is a thread i started regarding the possibility on Windrock hosting a Hardline event.. I know the financial outlay is big to get a WC...

There is a thread i started regarding the possibility on Windrock hosting a Hardline event.. I know the financial outlay is big to get a WC, someone on that thread pointed out the lack of infrastructure there.. I would guess Hardline wouldn't need as much as a WC..

World Cup circus at WindRock might not be a big issue if scheduled far enough in advance. Time of year is the big hurdle.
Place is hotter than hades this time of year. Even though the mountain has elevation, it's the only mountain in a vast solar panel plateau.  

Gotta time the event between Tennessee football games, WindRock Park off road festivals & thats about it.  Most people would stay in Oak Ridge.  As far as "on site" facilities, not one single bar, restaurant, coffee shop, water fountain or permanent toilet.
It's all port-a-johns (loo).  It is a MASSIVE place in terms of acreage. But it's got a check in with power & a walk up window for burgers and hot dogs. 

HardLine seems more appropriate.  And you put Gee on that hill...heaven forbid Isak Leivsonn (sp?) helps out, you'll get some crazy stuff.

ZAKBROWN!
Fantasy
246th
7/10/2024 3:10pm

Having been to both Windrock this spring and the Leogang WC a few weeks ago, I'd say there isn't a chance in hell a WC will come to Windrock any time soon.  

shreda
7/11/2024 2:30am

I've been hearing that the WC will look more like F1 next year with 14 stops across the globe, further raising the budgets needed to participate in the series and limiting the races to a elite group of riders. 

I'm sure we will generally see a lot fewer team next years and new riders can only join WC racing when one of the big dogs retires or gets injured.

Wonder what impact this will have on feeder series and on what brands we'll generally be seeing on the circuit...

ARonBurgundy
Fantasy
124th
7/11/2024 5:21am
shreda wrote:
I've been hearing that the WC will look more like F1 next year with 14 stops across the globe, further raising the budgets needed to participate...

I've been hearing that the WC will look more like F1 next year with 14 stops across the globe, further raising the budgets needed to participate in the series and limiting the races to a elite group of riders. 

I'm sure we will generally see a lot fewer team next years and new riders can only join WC racing when one of the big dogs retires or gets injured.

Wonder what impact this will have on feeder series and on what brands we'll generally be seeing on the circuit...

It's going to take some big $$$ from companies outside of cycling to keep the train rolling. 

Post a reply to: 2025 Team Rumors

The Latest