2024 Racing Talk

8/21/2024 2:30am
SJC wrote:

Any idea when Worlds Teams are released? It’s next weekend and literally can’t find anything…

veefour wrote:
sspomer wrote:

HECK YES. Thanks!

Does anybody know the rules and requirements to participate to worlds. It's pretty wild that a small country like Belgium has 3 riders but I don't see anybody from  Mexico, Ecuador, Indonesia, Nepal, Israel (and only one rider from China)..etc. These countries have riders, are they not qualified? motivated? funded?
It's also cool that the US has plenty of riders.. the only drama I see is Aaron Gwin not being selected after a 3rd at nationals.

mfoga
Fantasy
180th
8/21/2024 5:04am

Gwin has done what 2 races in 2 years?  I would bet he would say he shouldn’t have been picked.

bizutch
Fantasy
655th
8/21/2024 8:08am

What part of #6 doesn't he meet?

The irony of the company he raced his 1st Worlds for making a "not for sale" DH bike for 1 guy who then earns the Worlds team slot AG would most certainly occupy based on beating 4 of the 6 slotted racers in back to back events "just easing back into it, not sure how much I wanna push the pace just yet".  

Sports get stupid sometimes. AG1...the Caitlin Clark of DH 2024 🙃

8/21/2024 8:54am
bizutch wrote:
What part of #6 doesn't he meet?The irony of the company he raced his 1st Worlds for making a "not for sale" DH bike for 1...

The irony of the company he raced his 1st Worlds for making a "not for sale" DH bike for 1 guy who then earns the Worlds team slot AG would most certainly occupy based on beating 4 of the 6 slotted racers in back to back events "just easing back into it, not sure how much I wanna push the pace just yet".  

Had AG raced at all this year before the selections were made?

bizutch
Fantasy
655th
8/21/2024 12:53pm
bizutch wrote:
What part of #6 doesn't he meet?The irony of the company he raced his 1st Worlds for making a "not for sale" DH bike for 1...

Had AG raced at all this year before the selections were made?

I'm not even concerned with any of that nonsense. GM & AG1 shouldn't ever have to worry about that criteria.
Front of the line for 1A & 1B.

Simcik
8/21/2024 2:45pm
bizutch wrote:
I'm not even concerned with any of that nonsense. GM & AG1 shouldn't ever have to worry about that criteria.Front of the line for 1A &...

I'm not even concerned with any of that nonsense. GM & AG1 shouldn't ever have to worry about that criteria.

Did quota positions remain that he could have even been considered for Worlds 2024 or were they already maxed out?

Taking NOTHING away from Aaron but he hasn't raced much this year and others should get their chance to line up. 

bizutch
Fantasy
655th
8/22/2024 7:41am
bizutch wrote:
I'm not even concerned with any of that nonsense. GM & AG1 shouldn't ever have to worry about that criteria.Front of the line for 1A &...

Simcik wrote:
Did quota positions remain that he could have even been considered for Worlds 2024 or were they already maxed out?Taking NOTHING away from Aaron but he...

Did quota positions remain that he could have even been considered for Worlds 2024 or were they already maxed out?

Taking NOTHING away from Aaron but he hasn't raced much this year and others should get their chance to line up. 

How many are we allowed to send?
I have zero issues with the guys selected.
All deserve it.

With AG1 showing up and pipping them as top 3 2 weeks in a row openly confessing he's riding conservative and uneasy...can't he do something like be "first alternate" and go to Worlds and race if someone gets hurt?  I seem to remember that happening in the past.

Simcik
8/22/2024 8:22am
bizutch wrote:
How many are we allowed to send?I have zero issues with the guys selected.All deserve it.With AG1 showing up and pipping them as top 3 2...

All deserve it.

With AG1 showing up and pipping them as top 3 2 weeks in a row openly confessing he's riding conservative and uneasy...can't he do something like be "first alternate" and go to Worlds and race if someone gets hurt?  I seem to remember that happening in the past.

I have no idea on the quota, just seemed the likely reason. Two weeks/results right ahead of the selection process ignores the efforts/results of racers who have been able to complete the season up to that point. Plus I think we can all agree, USAC has never cared about gravity racing so they probably didn't even have a meeting about the selection to consider an alternate based upon one of the top USA racers in history coming back from injury

I am not saying he should or shouldn't go based on the rules just looking at why he appears not to have gotten a spot. He is seemingly back on track and looking healthy/fast. 

bizutch
Fantasy
655th
8/22/2024 9:47am
bizutch wrote:
How many are we allowed to send?I have zero issues with the guys selected.All deserve it.With AG1 showing up and pipping them as top 3 2...

All deserve it.

Simcik wrote:
I have no idea on the quota, just seemed the likely reason. Two weeks/results right ahead of the selection process ignores the efforts/results of racers who...

I have no idea on the quota, just seemed the likely reason. Two weeks/results right ahead of the selection process ignores the efforts/results of racers who have been able to complete the season up to that point. Plus I think we can all agree, USAC has never cared about gravity racing so they probably didn't even have a meeting about the selection to consider an alternate based upon one of the top USA racers in history coming back from injury

I am not saying he should or shouldn't go based on the rules just looking at why he appears not to have gotten a spot. He is seemingly back on track and looking healthy/fast. 

Was just advised you can petition to go to Worlds.

Can we talk humble AG1 into petitioning.  I just want to see what he does on the new sled.  Everyone is gonna throw it against the wall for this race except him & it might could play out like a Vegas parlay bet.

sspomer
Fantasy
50th
8/22/2024 10:07am

as someone said, maybe he didn't want to go. he raced national champs and monster pro - two races on the new sled for you to see how he's done on it. he did well, but didn't win. if he doesn't think he's going to win world champs, why even go? (i have no idea if he wanted to go or not).

MTBDHdad
8/22/2024 10:13am
bizutch wrote:

All deserve it.

Simcik wrote:
I have no idea on the quota, just seemed the likely reason. Two weeks/results right ahead of the selection process ignores the efforts/results of racers who...

bizutch wrote:
Was just advised you can petition to go to Worlds.Can we talk humble AG1 into petitioning.  I just want to see what he does on the...

Was just advised you can petition to go to Worlds.

Can we talk humble AG1 into petitioning.  I just want to see what he does on the new sled.  Everyone is gonna throw it against the wall for this race except him & it might could play out like a Vegas parlay bet.

I believe only Dak and Luca met criteria for automatic placement on Worlds team.  All others had to put in a petition which asked questions about WC placings, why you should be chosen etc.  Not sure if Ryan was automatically in since his wins were in Jrs the year before. 

casey79
Fantasy
1219th
8/22/2024 4:54pm
Simcik wrote:

USA had 7 make elite riders in their participation quota, and have only sent 6 male.

image 30
Karabuka
Fantasy
3075th
8/23/2024 12:58am

Slovenia gets 7 female spots while there are not even 7 competitors racing the national rounds Sad

bizutch
Fantasy
655th
8/23/2024 5:13am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2024 5:14am
sspomer wrote:
as someone said, maybe he didn't want to go. he raced national champs and monster pro - two races on the new sled for you to...

as someone said, maybe he didn't want to go. he raced national champs and monster pro - two races on the new sled for you to see how he's done on it. he did well, but didn't win. if he doesn't think he's going to win world champs, why even go? (i have no idea if he wanted to go or not).

To get in competitive laps on a European track on a bike that's only ridden two relatively tame US tracks.
And valuable exposure for a brand he has some ownership of on the international stage. 

Good for bidness 

bulletbass man
Fantasy
194th
8/23/2024 5:53am

He may be commentating if as others pointed out he doesn’t feel he’s quite ready to win yet.

My guess is he does loudenville and us open as a “warm up” and targets msa for his real return.  He’s always been competitive there and it seems that place is pretty special for him.  And while I’m sure he’s absolutely gunning to get back to his ways he’s been pretty open about rushing back not working in his favor in the past.

mfoga
Fantasy
180th
8/23/2024 7:59am

Remember he didn't race Crankworx.  

bizutch
Fantasy
655th
8/26/2024 8:25am
mfoga wrote:

Man, don't know about you but I used to only get faster as a season went on if I got to line up and race consistently.
I can't imagine showing up to Loudenville or Mte Saint Anne & just go World Cup speed, even if I had all the talent & experience in the world.
I want to race a lot before I feel like I can piece together a heater I'm happy with.

Now...Crankworx...I'd have zero problems ditching a first race back to go pul laps on laps in the park & Dark Crystal.

bulletbass man
Fantasy
194th
8/27/2024 7:14am
mfoga wrote:

bizutch wrote:
Man, don't know about you but I used to only get faster as a season went on if I got to line up and race consistently.I...

Man, don't know about you but I used to only get faster as a season went on if I got to line up and race consistently.
I can't imagine showing up to Loudenville or Mte Saint Anne & just go World Cup speed, even if I had all the talent & experience in the world.
I want to race a lot before I feel like I can piece together a heater I'm happy with.

Now...Crankworx...I'd have zero problems ditching a first race back to go pul laps on laps in the park & Dark Crystal.

I think 1st race 1st place Aaron can do ok at getting upto speed wherever on his own.

I also think this year is probably mostly a write off for him at this point.  Will shoot for a result in msa to end season on a high note and get ready for the upcoming season.

krabo83
9/1/2024 7:35am

looks like AG will finally back in the stargate on a worldcup level…

IMG 1139.png?VersionId=ecM5lA8R3cjuReTxg
trexyz
9/2/2024 10:31am

What happened with Forbidden team? Connor raced only the first round and Brook did only the first half of the season. Are they also folding their DH program?

casey79
Fantasy
1219th
9/2/2024 11:28am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2024 11:29am
trexyz wrote:
What happened with Forbidden team? Connor raced only the first round and Brook did only the first half of the season. Are they also folding their...

What happened with Forbidden team? Connor raced only the first round and Brook did only the first half of the season. Are they also folding their DH program?

Brook has done all the world cups this season. He hasn’t qualified for the finals yet. 

https://www.rootsandrain.com/rider3062/brook-macdonald/results/

Brook wasn’t chosen to represent NZ at the world champs as he wasn’t one of their top riders.  

pinkrobe
9/2/2024 12:21pm
trexyz wrote:
What happened with Forbidden team? Connor raced only the first round and Brook did only the first half of the season. Are they also folding their...

Not sure what's going on with Connor. He seems to be just chilling at home these days, but there's likely a good reason. Forbidden has been getting Emmy Lan into more DH races this year, and I can see Alex and Rhys getting into it as well.

veefour
Fantasy
315th
9/2/2024 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2024 3:53pm
pinkrobe wrote:
Not sure what's going on with Connor. He seems to be just chilling at home these days, but there's likely a good reason. Forbidden has been...

Not sure what's going on with Connor. He seems to be just chilling at home these days, but there's likely a good reason. Forbidden has been getting Emmy Lan into more DH races this year, and I can see Alex and Rhys getting into it as well.

I'm not sure if he's done the whole series, but he's been racing at Crankworx.

9/2/2024 10:02pm
trexyz wrote:

There is something electric in the future. 

bizutch
Fantasy
655th
9/3/2024 9:57am
trexyz wrote:

roundman69 wrote:

There is something electric in the future. 

...but what if there's no E-EDR to race it?

As for Connor, I'd just assume team travel budget/support keep him limited to a more reasonable flight radius from home base as opposed to a full summer of heavy global air travel. 

sspomer
Fantasy
50th
9/4/2024 6:23pm

All the tracks for NW Cup Port Angeles this weekend. How rad are the groms just punting on Cat 2?!

Pro / Cat 1

Cat 2

Cat 3

Post a reply to: 2024 Racing Talk

The Latest