2024 Les Gets World Cup Downhill

7/4/2024 2:05pm

Tire rubbing on the frame? Maybe that's what they were actually trying to fix by using that larger dimeter spacer between the hub and the dropout. there might be some twisting happening at the seat stay/rocker link junction. Doesn't sound good Sideways

7/4/2024 2:39pm

Before we get into qualifying and semi-finals tomorrow, I've got a question for everyone now that we are halfway through the season: which racers have surprised you with their results/speed, and what racers did you expect to be higher up the results sheet coming into the season? 

My thoughts - 

Surprised me: Anna Newkirk, Greg Williamson, Amaury Pierron, Danny Hart, Myriam Nicole, Max Alran, Ella Svegby, Joe Breeden, Lachie Stevens-Mcnab.

Still have more to give this season: Loris Vergier, Angel Suárez, Valentina Roa Sanchez, Chris Hauser, Ryan Pinkerton, Thibaut Daprela

LePigPen
Fantasy
179th
7/4/2024 3:03pm

Jason playing 4d chess to steal our picks. Guy has no chill.

Def wonder what's goin on with Loris. If he's goin thru his 'own shit' or if the vibes are off with no Kade/Reece to bounce off of on track and shit. I understand he's known as a keep to himself guy but... Sometimes introverts need to siphon some energy from the extroverts without even showing it. And on that topic, really missing Reece this season Sad

Uhhh Daprela is still 'cnyn' team on the fantasy? Did something change orrr? If not, I'd rip that name off him. 'privateer' imo

Happy that the Irish lads are staying up there. That Oisin Ronan 1-2 last year was so epic.

Would like Cami to get back to top spot. But she's still doing okay tbh.

Was not prepared for the 'year of Max Alran' when most of us expected Asa to clean house basically. Very cool for him. And Till is still in the mix as well.

Wondering if Hauser is still sore? Bummed about that he's usually well above where he's at now. And I was hoping to have him as a pick.

Stoked for Heather Wilson. Would love to see that story develop. That said, is NZ just gonna TAKE OVER womens DH in a couple years? Or what? 4 of the top 5 juniors.

sspomer
Fantasy
50th
7/4/2024 8:37pm

juniors sketchier than 4th of july fireworks in a hay barn.

RadAxSmirch
Fantasy
226th
7/5/2024 12:30am
LePigPen wrote:
Jason playing 4d chess to steal our picks. Guy has no chill. Def wonder what's goin on with Loris. If he's goin thru his 'own shit'...

Def wonder what's goin on with Loris. If he's goin thru his 'own shit' or if the vibes are off with no Kade/Reece to bounce off of on track and shit. I understand he's known as a keep to himself guy but... Sometimes introverts need to siphon some energy from the extroverts without even showing it. And on that topic, really missing Reece this season Sad

Uhhh Daprela is still 'cnyn' team on the fantasy? Did something change orrr? If not, I'd rip that name off him. 'privateer' imo

Happy that the Irish lads are staying up there. That Oisin Ronan 1-2 last year was so epic.

Was not prepared for the 'year of Max Alran' when most of us expected Asa to clean house basically. Very cool for him. And Till is still in the mix as well.

Wondering if Hauser is still sore? Bummed about that he's usually well above where he's at now. And I was hoping to have him as a pick.

Stoked for Heather Wilson. Would love to see that story develop. That said, is NZ just gonna TAKE OVER womens DH in a couple years? Or what? 4 of the top 5 juniors.

I'm waiting for Till to get settled into his stride. Once he does, that's going to be quite an eye opener, as he's the faster of the twins on paper.

7/5/2024 1:57am
LePigPen wrote:
Jason playing 4d chess to steal our picks. Guy has no chill. Def wonder what's goin on with Loris. If he's goin thru his 'own shit'...

Yeah and there's still more Kiwi Jr women on the way.
Bellah Birchall who beat Eilana Hulsebosch in the NZ national champs last year, is apparently doing a full WCDH season next year.

Mugen
Fantasy
1851st
7/5/2024 3:23am
Before we get into qualifying and semi-finals tomorrow, I've got a question for everyone now that we are halfway through the season: which racers have surprised...

Before we get into qualifying and semi-finals tomorrow, I've got a question for everyone now that we are halfway through the season: which racers have surprised you with their results/speed, and what racers did you expect to be higher up the results sheet coming into the season? 

My thoughts - 

Surprised me: Anna Newkirk, Greg Williamson, Amaury Pierron, Danny Hart, Myriam Nicole, Max Alran, Ella Svegby, Joe Breeden, Lachie Stevens-Mcnab.

Still have more to give this season: Loris Vergier, Angel Suárez, Valentina Roa Sanchez, Chris Hauser, Ryan Pinkerton, Thibaut Daprela

Oisin and Ronan have surprised me with their consistency considering their riding is hectic!

RadAxSmirch
Fantasy
226th
7/5/2024 5:03am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2024 5:05am
iceman2058 wrote:

The elite women just wrapped up qualifying, men are on track: https://www.vitalmtb.com/news/news/results-les-gets-world-cup-downhill-…

veefour wrote:

Cami showing as DNF. Anyone know what happened?

As she's got a P for qualifiers and didn't ride as far as the first split, hopefully she's just saving herself by breaking the beam and riding straight back to the paddock. She doesn't have the same luxury for semis.

iceman2058
Fantasy
149th
7/5/2024 5:57am
Thecolonel wrote:

Anybody else lose live timing after Elite Men?

It's running now again, apparently some delay on site.

Thecolonel
7/5/2024 6:21am

Thanks, got back on just in time to see Asa take the lead!

veefour
Fantasy
315th
7/5/2024 6:45am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2024 6:49am
iceman2058 wrote:

It's running now again, apparently some delay on site.

That site's not fit for purpose, it seems to go down every round. I clicked on results and it showed Asa with the fastest time, refreshed and it showed him in 96th with a time of over 21 minutes! Refreshed again and he's back in N0.1 spot. UCI you really do suck.

On a more positive note that's some tight racing between Asa and Max!

LePigPen
Fantasy
179th
7/5/2024 7:01am

First round of fantasy changes done. MAN dh racing is awesome. Picking a lot of names I did not have my eyes on previously. Are the top overall guys really strugglin that much?

bizutch
Fantasy
655th
7/5/2024 7:49am

Wow...10 guys already down track in Semis.  I like watching the live timing

bizutch
Fantasy
655th
7/5/2024 7:53am

Guys are dropping 7-9 seconds off their qualifying time

bizutch
Fantasy
655th
7/5/2024 8:06am

Looks like Richie is about to get bumped. Sitting 30th with 12 guys to go

hogfly
Fantasy
1689th
7/5/2024 8:15am

Frida through to Finals. Dak p1 in qualis and semis. Good weekend for the Tennessee power couple so far!

owl-x
Fantasy
1089th
7/5/2024 8:45am
Before we get into qualifying and semi-finals tomorrow, I've got a question for everyone now that we are halfway through the season: which racers have surprised...

My thoughts - 

Mugen wrote:

Oisin and Ronan have surprised me with their consistency considering their riding is hectic!

it is insane, they must truly be riding within themselves because there’s no way they’d be alive if they were just getting lucky. All these young riders are just operating at full speed all the time! 

LePigPen
Fantasy
179th
7/5/2024 9:11am

k, i guess all set for tomorrow. looks like another exciting DH race where nobody is safe but... as its drying up the top riders are finding that consistency.

also since spomer called out thirions value hes 99.99% crashing out in finals. insider trading! (puts on tin foil full face)

sspomer
Fantasy
50th
7/5/2024 10:17am

anyone i pick crashes out for sure. Vital RAW from today!

sspomer
Fantasy
50th
7/5/2024 10:47am

Finals start lists have been published, so here they are.

gets dhi wj startlist fgets dhi mj startlist f

Post a reply to: 2024 Les Gets World Cup Downhill

The Latest