2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

sharpy212
Fantasy
1024th
2/1/2020 5:23am
So is Jack Moir going to be riding enduro this season?
taldfind
2/1/2020 7:57am
One Ghost wrote:
The Syndicate won't hire a female racer. Kathy said so a while back. oddly and sadly.
If I’m not mistaken she said they’d only hire one that fit them and no one currently does. Maybe marine caribou in a few years. She’s...
If I’m not mistaken she said they’d only hire one that fit them and no one currently does. Maybe marine caribou in a few years. She’s got that syndicate swagger and seems to be getting close in terms of results
LLLLL wrote:
Yep, and most likely Nina didn’t like the deal they offered.
Or, based on Vitalmtb's Inside Line Podcast with Kathy, they didn't give Nina an offer for two reasons. One, Kathy feels that managing more than three racers will prevent her from doing her job as well as she wants to, and two, once you are on the Syndicate you are family and they aren't going to replace you for some arbitrary reason like a bad season, injury, or affirmative action. I bet Nina could be a great fit at the Syndicate, she has winning personality and is a very skilled racer, but the Syndicate will only sign her (or any other female rider who has the right personality and skills) if she is available when they are looking for a new racer.
jimmypop
2/1/2020 8:19am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2020 5:42am
ardor wrote:
Good to see some stuff confirmed on the list. Nina Hoffmann running her own program. I wonder if she wanted it that way?
One Ghost wrote:
The Syndicate won't hire a female racer. Kathy said so a while back. oddly and sadly.
If I’m not mistaken she said they’d only hire one that fit them and no one currently does. Maybe marine caribou in a few years. She’s...
If I’m not mistaken she said they’d only hire one that fit them and no one currently does. Maybe marine caribou in a few years. She’s got that syndicate swagger and seems to be getting close in terms of results
Edit: Keep the thumbs down coming!

Edit 2: internet forums are serious business!

depeche4
2/1/2020 11:46am
LLLLL wrote:
Yep, and most likely Nina didn’t like the deal they offered.
taldfind wrote:
Or, based on Vitalmtb's Inside Line Podcast with Kathy, they didn't give Nina an offer for two reasons. One, Kathy feels that managing more than three...
Or, based on Vitalmtb's Inside Line Podcast with Kathy, they didn't give Nina an offer for two reasons. One, Kathy feels that managing more than three racers will prevent her from doing her job as well as she wants to, and two, once you are on the Syndicate you are family and they aren't going to replace you for some arbitrary reason like a bad season, injury, or affirmative action. I bet Nina could be a great fit at the Syndicate, she has winning personality and is a very skilled racer, but the Syndicate will only sign her (or any other female rider who has the right personality and skills) if she is available when they are looking for a new racer.
Ask Rennie about the idea of being replaced by the Syndicate. You could argue that it destroyed his career as he never finished his first season on Morewood and never raced again at a WC.
2/1/2020 12:46pm
laric wrote:
UCI has published the 2020 Team rosters this morning, you'll easily found where Jack is going Wink
ardor wrote:
Sucks to be a team that hasn't posted an announcement yet. The UCI list snuffs heaps of the excitement they could have had.
Canyon didn't have much luck with their announcements. Laughing British Cycling leaked the Seagrave/FMD signing and now the UCI leaking the Moir signing. Perhaps they'll be a bit sharper with their announcements in future years Silly
mwolpin
2/1/2020 4:40pm
ardor wrote:
Good to see some stuff confirmed on the list. Nina Hoffmann running her own program. I wonder if she wanted it that way?
One Ghost wrote:
So wierd if true not sure the deal there and a downer if true. A fast exciting racer is exactly that regardless.
Vali Holl would be awesome on the Syndicate.
2/1/2020 11:48pm
ardor wrote:
One Ghost wrote:
I remember Kathy said she would hire Nina in one of the videos at the end of the season but that she is not the (only) decision maker. Can't remember if it was a Syndicate video, or a Cathro or what else, but I remember she was pretty enthusiastic about Nina.

Too bad, because I am pretty disappointed that girls like Nina are not picked up by a factory team. Nina seems to be a good fit and pretty marketable in my book.

Not bashing on SC specifically, I can think of a few other powerhouses which could/should step up. And UCI/Red Bull too in adjusting some of the rules a little.

But back to team rumours...

Jack Moir is mentioned as part of the Canyon bunch. But he is very silent on his insta...? What is exactly the deal here?
stoic_machine
2/2/2020 6:12am
ardor wrote:
One Ghost wrote:
I remember Kathy said she would hire Nina in one of the videos at the end of the season but that she is not the (only)...
I remember Kathy said she would hire Nina in one of the videos at the end of the season but that she is not the (only) decision maker. Can't remember if it was a Syndicate video, or a Cathro or what else, but I remember she was pretty enthusiastic about Nina.

Too bad, because I am pretty disappointed that girls like Nina are not picked up by a factory team. Nina seems to be a good fit and pretty marketable in my book.

Not bashing on SC specifically, I can think of a few other powerhouses which could/should step up. And UCI/Red Bull too in adjusting some of the rules a little.

But back to team rumours...

Jack Moir is mentioned as part of the Canyon bunch. But he is very silent on his insta...? What is exactly the deal here?
My guess is he took The spot Magnus Manson had last year with Canyon. Can anyone here breakdown exactly how that worked Magnus? I know it wasn't a full factory support sponsorship but he was at every race so...
2/2/2020 1:59pm
Maybe the exact terms of Moir's contract haven't been settled yet? Perhaps he has a commitment to Canyon but they're still negotiating the details.
2/2/2020 4:05pm
Maybe the exact terms of Moir's contract haven't been settled yet? Perhaps he has a commitment to Canyon but they're still negotiating the details.
That's my assumption. So weird they would do the huge cllctv or whatever press release and photoshoot without him. Granted, he didn't have a great year last year, but he's still a fairly big name to leave out of that huge team announcement...
Big Bird
2/2/2020 6:10pm
That's my assumption. So weird they would do the huge cllctv or whatever press release and photoshoot without him. Granted, he didn't have a great year...
That's my assumption. So weird they would do the huge cllctv or whatever press release and photoshoot without him. Granted, he didn't have a great year last year, but he's still a fairly big name to leave out of that huge team announcement...
What if Jack is the perfect storm of coming back from uncertainty AND is putting together his own "Privateer." personal team with Canyon frames and who ever else he wants for parts and soft goods?
2/2/2020 7:33pm
That's my assumption. So weird they would do the huge cllctv or whatever press release and photoshoot without him. Granted, he didn't have a great year...
Big Bird wrote:
What if Jack is the perfect storm of coming back from uncertainty AND is putting together his own "Privateer." personal team with Canyon frames and who...
What if Jack is the perfect storm of coming back from uncertainty AND is putting together his own "Privateer." personal team with Canyon frames and who ever else he wants for parts and soft goods?
Wouldn't be listed on the Canyon Factory Team if he was doing his own thing, I think its more likely he's getting factory support but probably without the factory pay check.
brash
2/2/2020 7:42pm Edited Date/Time 2/2/2020 7:42pm
it's a good fit, he's already on TLD/Lusty. Canyon may have got themselves a comparative bargain. I wanna see the big man on a 550mm reach 1400mm wheelbase german cruise missile shooting frickin lazer beams yiewwwww
scsender
2/2/2020 9:46pm
Cody Kelly definitely on Specialized. Saw him riding in the local with their Factory Team on an Enduro.
clem-mk
Fantasy
1188th
2/3/2020 3:04am
danposs86 wrote:
Chris Akrigg on GT [embed][/embed]
Chris Akrigg on GT

Hans Rey should be proud.
jonkranked
Fantasy
824th
2/3/2020 5:37am
clem-mk wrote:
Hans Rey should be proud.
i'm looking forward to them teaming up on some videos.
iceman2058
Fantasy
149th
2/3/2020 10:10am
Alex Fayolle has found a partner that will allow him to at least race a few of the World Cups this season. Looks like he's bringing that Stemtee shock he was running at Polygon UR with him as well.

pklinke
2/3/2020 1:46pm
scsender wrote:
Cody Kelly definitely on Specialized. Saw him riding in the local with their Factory Team on an Enduro.
Can also confirm, saw him riding yesterday on an enduro with Curtis Keene in Santa Cruz
chyu
2/3/2020 7:45pm
scsender wrote:
pklinke wrote:
Can also confirm, saw him riding yesterday on an enduro with Curtis Keene in Santa Cruz
Curtis Keene on Santa Cruz? damn.
marqueski12
2/3/2020 8:36pm
scsender wrote:
pklinke wrote:
chyu wrote:
I think he might be on TLD also. Just a speculation.
FqqTBawL
2/3/2020 9:36pm
Ben and Oli Zwar become Lusty Hyperformane Racing.
TamiJean
2/3/2020 10:50pm
scsender wrote:
pklinke wrote:
chyu wrote:
In Santa Cruz
peecee
Fantasy
318th
2/4/2020 2:09am
iceman2058 wrote:
Alex Fayolle has found a partner that will allow him to at least race a few of the World Cups this season. Looks like he's bringing...
Alex Fayolle has found a partner that will allow him to at least race a few of the World Cups this season. Looks like he's bringing that Stemtee shock he was running at Polygon UR with him as well.

Im guessing it maybe the camera lens but then again nothing else seems warped, is it me or is the shock bent it looks it in the close image and the side on image it also looks a bit dodgy ?

piroloco
2/4/2020 2:30am
Anyone know where Isabeau Courdurier landed? How about Bruce Klein? I know he is still riding and advertising Commencal bikes but I never saw a team...
Anyone know where Isabeau Courdurier landed?

How about Bruce Klein? I know he is still riding and advertising Commencal bikes but I never saw a team announcement.
Klein will be riding by a local Murrieta store
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8IGjOwniQ1/?igshid=9dncnc1af0vr

Post a reply to: 2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest