2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

2/4/2020 8:27am
iceman2058 wrote:
Alex Fayolle has found a partner that will allow him to at least race a few of the World Cups this season. Looks like he's bringing...
Alex Fayolle has found a partner that will allow him to at least race a few of the World Cups this season. Looks like he's bringing that Stemtee shock he was running at Polygon UR with him as well.

peecee wrote:
Im guessing it maybe the camera lens but then again nothing else seems warped, is it me or is the shock bent it looks it in...
Im guessing it maybe the camera lens but then again nothing else seems warped, is it me or is the shock bent it looks it in the close image and the side on image it also looks a bit dodgy ?

#lensdistortion
2/4/2020 9:02am
A couple of thoughts on the Santa Cruz/ Nina situation..

At this level, adding another rider doesn't just happen.. All the team sponsors also have to willing to step up with additional support...

Maybe since 3 riders is the comfort zone for Santa Cruz. and Greg is going to consider retirement at some point, the plan is to keep Nina on some sort support ride until a spot opens up... Now, if someone offers her a ride before they have a spot for her, do they let her go or do they get things in place for a 4th rider?
mwolpin
2/4/2020 9:16am
A couple of thoughts on the Santa Cruz/ Nina situation.. At this level, adding another rider doesn't just happen.. All the team sponsors also have to...
A couple of thoughts on the Santa Cruz/ Nina situation..

At this level, adding another rider doesn't just happen.. All the team sponsors also have to willing to step up with additional support...

Maybe since 3 riders is the comfort zone for Santa Cruz. and Greg is going to consider retirement at some point, the plan is to keep Nina on some sort support ride until a spot opens up... Now, if someone offers her a ride before they have a spot for her, do they let her go or do they get things in place for a 4th rider?
Very well-thought out perspective.
mwolpin
2/4/2020 9:58am
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8JqkdIHp7-/

Cody Kelley on Fox squishy bits, contradictory to Specialized Factory team's deal with Ohlins. I wonder if he's got his own program in the works
While he does have a Fox 36 on the blurred out bike, I think he's pointing to the Fox Racing clothing as both accounts tagged point to the clothing accounts. I'd expect him to take @ridefoxbike if he was talking about suspension. It's not to say he won't be riding Fox suspension, but in this case everything is pointing to the clothing side of the house.
Tanner_Carl
Fantasy
2130th
2/4/2020 10:00am

Cody Kelley on Fox squishy bits, contradictory to Specialized Factory team's deal with Ohlins. I wonder if he's got his own program in the works
It looks like he will be on fox clothing... None of the tagged links lead to suspension.
Very true, I jumped to conclusions after seeing the fork.
Primoz
Fantasy
896th
2/4/2020 10:00am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2020 12:10pm
But he is running an orange 36 in his riding photo...

EDIT: not saying that tagging FOX clothing has anything to do with him running FOX suspension. Plus riding Ohlins would be quite a big giveaway, there is that...
metadave
Fantasy
2288th
2/4/2020 4:10pm
Verbl Kint wrote:
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a30728185/mercedes-benz-x-class-p…

News came out last summer about this but now it's officially official. I wonder if the UCI sponsorship from Mercedes-Benz will still push through.
There is always the G-wagon.
Or.... the Unimog hahaha
G-class for sure. Get your Turbo Levo sl to the trail to the bottom of a DH trail in style
depeche4
2/4/2020 5:35pm
Verbl Kint wrote:

News came out last summer about this but now it's officially official. I wonder if the UCI sponsorship from Mercedes-Benz will still push through.
Or.... the Unimog hahaha
metadave wrote:
G-class for sure. Get your Turbo Levo sl to the trail to the bottom of a DH trail in style
The x class was a Nissan Titan all done up. Part of the deal was that they could not sell it in North America, which as anyone who lives here, is the Pick up Capital of the world. I am not an economist, but whoever made that deal was not smart.
bulletbass man
Fantasy
194th
2/4/2020 7:43pm
Or.... the Unimog hahaha
metadave wrote:
depeche4 wrote:
The x class was a Nissan Titan all done up. Part of the deal was that they could not sell it in North America, which as...
The x class was a Nissan Titan all done up. Part of the deal was that they could not sell it in North America, which as anyone who lives here, is the Pick up Capital of the world. I am not an economist, but whoever made that deal was not smart.
Not necessarily. To enter the us truck market they would need a much bigger inventory due to size of country and American car buying habits. Plus they can’t compete with ford and Chevy and would have to compete in a very competitive market for the rest of the share with Nissan, Toyota and ram. Staying in Europe makes sense if your going to compete for a spot in a niche market as opposed to leftover scraps of a big one.
2/4/2020 8:00pm
Australia is probably Ute/pickup market number 2. And I haven’t seen one ever. The Navarra is already not the best out there, imagine paying more for it because it has a star on the bonnet....

For full disclosure. Have a LR Defender Ute and a Unimog. So a very British and a very German car on the driveway. A Jeep (FREEDOM!) in the middle. Call me weird hahaha
Primoz
Fantasy
896th
2/4/2020 10:32pm
Or.... the Unimog hahaha
metadave wrote:
depeche4 wrote:
The x class was a Nissan Titan all done up. Part of the deal was that they could not sell it in North America, which as...
It was not. It's the Navara 'done up'. Apparently it's a different platform which makes sense given two completely different markets and engine choices. Another 'twin' of the bunch is the Renault Alaskan, sold mostly in South America.

Mercedes apparently told Nissan if they went multilink on the rear suspension to improve the ride quality, they'd buy the platform for the X class as well. Pickups tend to use leaf springs and the like in the rear for obvious reasons. A friend of mine has one and while it is a Mercedes (it's the V6 version, using their engine), with a lot of the interior clearly coming from mercedes (steering, seats, HVAC vents, Command infotainment, etc.), it's clearly a Navara underneath due to the HVAC controls (it's not as easy to change those due to the underlying architecture). Well, clearly besides the fact it uses the same doors and the like and is (was) manufactured in Nissan's Barcelona and Cordoba (Argentina) plants.

As for the G-class (please... G wagen.), I think it's a bit too upmarket for our crowd.
matmattmatthew
2/5/2020 6:03am
What does Jack racing Enduro say about DH? At 25 could he already be disillusioned with the WC DH circuit?
Ric_Cederholm
Fantasy
2243rd
2/5/2020 6:37am
What does Jack racing Enduro say about DH? At 25 could he already be disillusioned with the WC DH circuit?
By several accounts, Jack had signed on with a DH team but that team then pulled out. If that is true, that would say to me he still wanted to be all-in with DH. He needs to have a paycheck and expenses covered for racing, so by the time that happened, his DH options were likely limited. If he is disillusioned with anything, perhaps it is related to companies fulfilling their commitments.
2/5/2020 6:41am
At the end of the day, he went where there was a paycheck to be found... The PR says he may still do a couple of DH races depending on the schedules...

Would you rather get paid to ride EWS or privateer it on the DH circuit?
matmattmatthew
2/5/2020 6:46am
By several accounts, Jack had signed on with a DH team but that team then pulled out. If that is true, that would say to me...
By several accounts, Jack had signed on with a DH team but that team then pulled out. If that is true, that would say to me he still wanted to be all-in with DH. He needs to have a paycheck and expenses covered for racing, so by the time that happened, his DH options were likely limited. If he is disillusioned with anything, perhaps it is related to companies fulfilling their commitments.
Wow, I didn't know all that drama. I haven't been keeping up with the Team Rumors as I did in past years. Maybe Moir will end up being like Eddie Masters and become a top 10 threat in both disciplines.
crooksy
Fantasy
601st
2/5/2020 7:00am
Verbl Kint wrote:

Or.... the Unimog hahaha
You just made me vomit a little, both are the biggest pains in my rear end at present
JoeCO
2/5/2020 8:35am

Keene and Sedlak have been seen on Fox suspension recently. I think it's pretty evident that Cody Kelley is back on Specialized at this point.
2/5/2020 8:42am
Cody Kelley announced that he is back on Specialized for 2020. He’s already sending it deep with style on the new enduro!
Primoz
Fantasy
896th
2/5/2020 9:00am
Looks like the Ohlins fairytale is crumbling...
mwolpin
2/5/2020 9:09am
Cody Kelley announced that he is back on Specialized for 2020. He’s already sending it deep with style on the new enduro!
Link?

Post a reply to: 2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest