2018 Racing Rumors

Greenedog
11/21/2017 8:00am
[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2017/11/21/5620/s1200_587C20AF_0733_490F_A50B_51924D0D2D8C.jpg[/img] Sounds like Neko might be pretty happy with the YT...

Sounds like Neko might be pretty happy with the YT...
I've been watching Neko's Instagram account, he doesn't post a ton and in the last week he has been posting for YT like crazy. I would agree he appears happy. I would add this isn't normal behavior of his. My guess is he is being directed through a marketing strategy. The phrase he has in there is weird, "Grip?Support is right on..." He doesn't talk like that, something is up.
sspomer
Fantasy
35th
11/21/2017 9:57am
some riders have people manage their social accounts. maybe neko does now too? no idea, but i'd rather go dig trail and train for racing than update instagram any day of the week.
sambrody
11/21/2017 10:02am
I can attest that Neko manages his own Insta. That's all I know at the moment though.
legitposter
11/21/2017 12:39pm
It's entirely possible for social media post counts and content to be included in contractual obligations. So If a rider is up for renewal, or simply has a deadline to make, or wants to reach a milestone where they can break a contract early, then social media posts might be a requirement that needs to be fulfilled.

Given how weird and forced Neko's post seems to be, I expect this is a contractual obligation.
Verbl Kint
11/21/2017 2:52pm
So... i was talking to someone who is definitly in the know, and the athertons are off trek, i got told where they were going but...
So... i was talking to someone who is definitly in the know, and the athertons are off trek, i got told where they were going but that's a yarn for another day, but it will just be rach and gee. The rest of the team are on the market.

And that gwin is off yt and back on trek. Allegedly Yt have proven they have a race winning bike, and are pulling the pin on WC DHI racing.

You can quote me as the oracle in a few months time when its all out of the woodwork... ?
*puts tinfoil hat on*

Maybe Gwin+Neko wanted a 29" DH steed but YT aren't keen on designing one, much less build and race one for next year. Unsure

*take tinfoil hat off*

My hunch is that running a UCI DH team has not been financially rewarding for YT as a company. The marketing it generates is tremendous, sure, but I don't think their manufacturing can keep up with the demand enough to actually create an adequate amount of revenue to finance the factory team.
peecee
Fantasy
498th
11/22/2017 2:01am
Verbl Kint wrote:
*puts tinfoil hat on* Maybe Gwin+Neko wanted a 29" DH steed but YT aren't keen on designing one, much less build and race one for next...
*puts tinfoil hat on*

Maybe Gwin+Neko wanted a 29" DH steed but YT aren't keen on designing one, much less build and race one for next year. Unsure

*take tinfoil hat off*

My hunch is that running a UCI DH team has not been financially rewarding for YT as a company. The marketing it generates is tremendous, sure, but I don't think their manufacturing can keep up with the demand enough to actually create an adequate amount of revenue to finance the factory team.
Maybe Gwin back to his roots at Yeti with a new 29" Switch Technology Carbon DH Bike ?

Can you tell Im just wanting them to release the DH bike they have teased us with since 2014!

Richie Enduro Red Bull Yeti + Gwin DH Red Bull Yeti = 2018 World Domination (If Hill quits obviously haha)
Greenedog
11/22/2017 3:40am Edited Date/Time 11/22/2017 12:58pm

Neko has re-signed with YT and mentions Gwin as team mate.
dirt lover
11/23/2017 12:34am
My understanding is that the "YT" mob is just the name of the team run by Martin Whitely because YT are currently the main sponsor, similar to gravity republic where specialized is the main sponsor, and before them it was Lapierre. Or MS with Mondraker now but Evil before that. Same team, just sponsored by different brands. Could be the the riders have signed to the team, but that YT being the main sponsor will be changing for 2018 onwards?
Aushred
11/23/2017 2:50am
Where does all this “mob” will be off YT stuff come from?? Im betting that we will be seeing the YT Mob on YTs for 2018 for sure
YBO
Fantasy
2033rd
11/23/2017 5:08am Edited Date/Time 11/23/2017 5:26am
The same team at Specialized, Pure Agency Facebook: "2017 was a crazy year....2018 will be awesome !
Pretty happy to restart the season with all this amazing crew. AnneMarie, Werner, Christian, Kevin, Jack, and for sure our World Cup Champion and World Champion Miranda Miller, Finn Iles and Loic Bruni. Can't be more proud to continue the story with them, with our perfect Partners, and with the support of PureAgency since 10years!"
grambo
11/23/2017 9:37am
Verbl Kint wrote:
*puts tinfoil hat on* Maybe Gwin+Neko wanted a 29" DH steed but YT aren't keen on designing one, much less build and race one for next...
*puts tinfoil hat on*

*take tinfoil hat off*

Pretty sure that WC has been a massive boost for YT. Based on watching that 3 part Dirt series on YT Mob and the number of YT's I have seen around here (Vancouver/Squamish/Whistler), they are selling every single bike they produce and can't make enough to meet demand. Showing the bike is race proven at the highest level has been a huge payback for the millions invested in the YT mob.
dirt lover
11/23/2017 8:23pm
Aushred wrote:
Where does all this “mob” will be off YT stuff come from?? Im betting that we will be seeing the YT Mob on YTs for 2018...
Where does all this “mob” will be off YT stuff come from?? Im betting that we will be seeing the YT Mob on YTs for 2018 for sure
It comes from posts by Martin (team owner) and the CEO of YT posting cryptic messages on their instagrams which have been posted in this thread.

Markus Flossman - Sometimes something has to come to an end before something wonderful new can rise. #goodtimesahead
taldfind
11/24/2017 1:19am
dirt lover wrote:
It comes from posts by Martin (team owner) and the CEO of YT posting cryptic messages on their instagrams which have been posted in this thread...
It comes from posts by Martin (team owner) and the CEO of YT posting cryptic messages on their instagrams which have been posted in this thread.

Markus Flossman - Sometimes something has to come to an end before something wonderful new can rise. #goodtimesahead
Except that Gwin's contract with the YT Mob doesn't end until after the 2018season. Remeber, in the 2015 off-season Gwin worked to create a team that satisfied all his desires for the contract he wanted to make with Specialized, after the Big S decided it would not agree to those terms. It makes sense that one of those terms given to each brand was a contract duration of three years, to match his contract with the Mob. YT would really damage their image among athletes and consumers, and open themselves up to a massive lawsuit if they were to drop their end of the contract.

Also, the two posts you mentioned could easily refer to a new DH bike that they feel takes the already fantastic bike they have and makes a better one, instead of referring to a parting of ways.
Aushred
11/24/2017 2:05am
taldfind wrote:
Except that Gwin's contract with the YT Mob doesn't end until after the 2018season. Remeber, in the 2015 off-season Gwin worked to create a team that...
Except that Gwin's contract with the YT Mob doesn't end until after the 2018season. Remeber, in the 2015 off-season Gwin worked to create a team that satisfied all his desires for the contract he wanted to make with Specialized, after the Big S decided it would not agree to those terms. It makes sense that one of those terms given to each brand was a contract duration of three years, to match his contract with the Mob. YT would really damage their image among athletes and consumers, and open themselves up to a massive lawsuit if they were to drop their end of the contract.

Also, the two posts you mentioned could easily refer to a new DH bike that they feel takes the already fantastic bike they have and makes a better one, instead of referring to a parting of ways.
Totally agree with this! I believe that we will see a 29er DH bike from YT as well for 2018, maybe not right at start of season, but there will be one i believe, not saying that Gwin will run it tho, but maybe
luisgutrod
Fantasy
219th
11/24/2017 2:30am
Aushred wrote:
Totally agree with this! I believe that we will see a 29er DH bike from YT as well for 2018, maybe not right at start of...
Totally agree with this! I believe that we will see a 29er DH bike from YT as well for 2018, maybe not right at start of season, but there will be one i believe, not saying that Gwin will run it tho, but maybe
Or the end of the Capra and a new animal coming up...
heynaes
11/24/2017 5:11am
Isak Leivsson will be a racing a Pole DH bike next season

"... Next, we are going to produce a 200mm travel DH bike that will be raced at the UCI DH World Cup piloted by Isak Leivsson from Norway"
scarface
11/24/2017 9:33am
heynaes wrote:
Isak Leivsson will be a racing a Pole DH bike next season "... Next, we are going to produce a 200mm travel DH bike that will...
Isak Leivsson will be a racing a Pole DH bike next season

"... Next, we are going to produce a 200mm travel DH bike that will be raced at the UCI DH World Cup piloted by Isak Leivsson from Norway"
"It will have 512mm of reach, a 59 degree headangle and 1400mm wheelbase. In size M. and it won't be made from oceanfill stuff"
LTrumpore
11/25/2017 6:08am Edited Date/Time 11/25/2017 3:19pm
There upon the cliff he stood, a ruby on his finger and a crown on his head,
The armada turned and fled,
For his sword was won from a foe in the battle for Christendom;

First part is definitely Danny Heart, armada is Mondraker, the battle for Christendom/sword would be Saracen (‘foe’ possibyy referring to historical battles of the Saracens and the origin of the term, not necessarily one of his actual rivals?)

Rolling the dice,
The time to land a six and depart the table had come

Rachel also has x5 overall titles and x5 WC’s if you count juniors

Roll a hard six, long odds, risky? Could it be a Scott Gambler reference? Brendog signed through 2018 but was that with Scott directly or just the Velosolutions team?

A chasm he could not bridge,
His loss turned to gain as he headed into the hills under his own steam

A loss turned to a gain = a win. Wyn to Canyon EWS

A memory to honour, a union forged by a workmens friend, The return is nigh

First guess would be Steve Smith, Devinci, the return of a former teammate or friend. ‘Workmans Friend’ is a pint of beer (from the Irish poem of the same name ). Miranda Miller (Millertime) but she’s still on Specialized. Can't imagine it's the return of Nick Beer. Wallace leaving Canyon for the Molson Devinci team?

Edit: From the punctuation of the original text these appear to go together?

*Mild mannered yet wild, an honorary prince for over 700 days, skies of granite for a change to sand and sky allured.
A memory to honour, a union forged by a workmens friend,
The return is nigh*

mild/wild = Greenland (the place). Honorary prince 700 days = Hart's teammate for 2 seasons, Jr WC then 2nd in senior WC. Sand and sky probably refers to Alicante, where Mondraker is based? Skies of granite I can't figure out other than being a loose reference to Leonardo Devinci?

freebiker
11/26/2017 9:56am
LTrumpore wrote:
[i]There upon the cliff he stood, a ruby on his finger and a crown on his head, The armada turned and fled, For his sword was...

First part is definitely Danny Heart, armada is Mondraker, the battle for Christendom/sword would be Saracen (‘foe’ possibyy referring to historical battles of the Saracens and the origin of the term, not necessarily one of his actual rivals?)

Rolling the dice,

Roll a hard six, long odds, risky? Could it be a Scott Gambler reference? Brendog signed through 2018 but was that with Scott directly or just the Velosolutions team?

First guess would be Steve Smith, Devinci, the return of a former teammate or friend. ‘Workmans Friend’ is a pint of beer (from the Irish poem of the same name ). Miranda Miller (Millertime) but she’s still on Specialized. Can't imagine it's the return of Nick Beer. Wallace leaving Canyon for the Molson Devinci team?

*Mild mannered yet wild, an honorary prince for over 700 days, skies of granite for a change to sand and sky allured.
The return is nigh*

mild/wild = Greenland (the place). Honorary prince 700 days = Hart's teammate for 2 seasons, Jr WC then 2nd in senior WC. Sand and sky probably refers to Alicante, where Mondraker is based? Skies of granite I can't figure out other than being a loose reference to Leonardo Devinci?

Great. So relieved.
freebiker
11/26/2017 10:00am
So... i was talking to someone who is definitly in the know, and the athertons are off trek, i got told where they were going but...
So... i was talking to someone who is definitly in the know, and the athertons are off trek, i got told where they were going but that's a yarn for another day, but it will just be rach and gee. The rest of the team are on the market.

And that gwin is off yt and back on trek. Allegedly Yt have proven they have a race winning bike, and are pulling the pin on WC DHI racing.

You can quote me as the oracle in a few months time when its all out of the woodwork... ?
Verbl Kint wrote:
*puts tinfoil hat on*

*take tinfoil hat off*

I suppose part of depression is finding aversion to everyone’s speculative banter.
11/26/2017 12:37pm
LTrumpore wrote:
[i]There upon the cliff he stood, a ruby on his finger and a crown on his head, The armada turned and fled, For his sword was...

Rolling the dice,

The return is nigh*

Mondraker leaving DH Spanish armada turned and fled.

Also:

"a union forged by a workmens friend"

Surely thats Unior tools? All Unior tools are forged.
Primoz
Fantasy
383rd
11/26/2017 2:21pm
Not all, rotor straightener and pedal wrench are most likely either laser cut or stamped. But the company, while known for tools among the masses, is just a huge forging business, which makes conrods for many high end cars for example.

Enough with the nitpicking, given the devinci rumor and the accompanying line in the predictions, it does fit.
struc
11/27/2017 1:47am
Primoz wrote:
Not all, rotor straightener and pedal wrench are most likely either laser cut or stamped. But the company, while known for tools among the masses, is...
Not all, rotor straightener and pedal wrench are most likely either laser cut or stamped. But the company, while known for tools among the masses, is just a huge forging business, which makes conrods for many high end cars for example.

Enough with the nitpicking, given the devinci rumor and the accompanying line in the predictions, it does fit.
Unior team is on devinci 100%
Verbl Kint
11/27/2017 9:16am
struc wrote:
Unior team is on devinci 100%
I hope they get Jure Zabjek onto bigger wheels. I'm sure he would be even faster on 29".
11/28/2017 2:52am
[img]https://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2017/11/27/5647/s1200_Screen_Shot_2017_11_28_at_8.41.00_PM.jpg[/img] Rude riding Norco? Today on both Jesse Melamed and Finn iles insta stories

Rude riding Norco? Today on both Jesse Melamed and Finn iles insta stories
Hmmmm that's super weird.. I watched both their stories multiple times and can't figure out what's going on. The bike he's on has red handlebars and black fork lowers. The fork also appears to have black stancions, although it's hard to tell.

Post a reply to: 2018 Racing Rumors

The Latest