2018 Racing Rumors

Moosey
Fantasy
2815th
9/11/2017 1:37pm
Did anyone notice the rider at worlds that had tape over most sponsors on his Jersey? I can't remember who it was, I just remember it being a pretty big name rider and being shocked.
MrPrometheus
9/11/2017 5:43pm
Moosey wrote:
Did anyone notice the rider at worlds that had tape over most sponsors on his Jersey? I can't remember who it was, I just remember it...
Did anyone notice the rider at worlds that had tape over most sponsors on his Jersey? I can't remember who it was, I just remember it being a pretty big name rider and being shocked.
Marcelo had the Giant logo blacked out.
I noticed as well and was not sure if that was a violation of some arcane UCI rule on official country jerseys, a skinsuit tucking tactic or new sponsor possibilities

mbikes1
9/11/2017 5:44pm
Moosey wrote:
Did anyone notice the rider at worlds that had tape over most sponsors on his Jersey? I can't remember who it was, I just remember it...
Likely their national team sponsors conflicted with their personal sponsors, one of the women xc riders didn't race because of this, other national teams allow them to cover up the logos.
Primoz
Fantasy
896th
9/11/2017 9:55pm Edited Date/Time 9/11/2017 9:57pm
That 'one of the women' is none other than Jenny Rissveds, the olympic champion.

I also doubt Marcelo blacked out the Giant logo, since it's prominent on his leg and is his factory ride, it must have been some other sponsor on his national jersey that isn't kosher with it being there and having a factory Giant ride.
tstep
Fantasy
274th
9/11/2017 10:25pm
The logo in question is a "postobon" logo, most likely blacked out because it conflicts with red bull.
Greenedog
9/12/2017 5:38am
sspomer wrote:
noticed he was on a trek at val di sole (and maybe mont sainte anne too?). curious to see where he goes. his last results have...
noticed he was on a trek at val di sole (and maybe mont sainte anne too?). curious to see where he goes. his last results have been really good! #dakattack
Chatted with him in the parking lot at SC in between trail laps on a Trek just before Sea Otter. Morpheus lets him pick whatever trail...
Chatted with him in the parking lot at SC in between trail laps on a Trek just before Sea Otter. Morpheus lets him pick whatever trail bike since they don't offer it. Jose Gonzalez was in the lot too and they obviously knew each other. He must be able to pick up some bikes here and there from people in the industry he knows. Morpheus had the right idea sponsoring a fast rider to get the bike out there but really couldn't support him enough to be competitive on the circuit. He's a nice kid and certainly has world cup level speed, would be good to see him on a team. Although I call total BS that he gets 30mpg in his Sprinter van.

Dakotah's newest Instagram post with personal sponsors tagged minus Morpheus. Hot take alert!!! - Maybe a move to the Mondraker team with Danny leaving.

malle
9/14/2017 2:52am
I expect Daknorton to get some kind of a TREK deal, young up and coming American on a made in USA frame makes for good marketing.

- Danny Hart to Saracen -> seems like this could happen
- Fischbach to Cube -> if Cube keeps their current line up I dont think they need Fischbach, also him on Radon makes still sense
- Williamson to Saracen -> no idea if his contract is up, but he had 1 great and 1 bad season...could stay to figure it out
- Wyn to Polygon -> see his focus shift more towards EWS so probably staying on GT or switching to a brand who needs more Enduro exposure
- Brook to MS Mondraker -> I can see this happen
- Amaury Pierron -> strongly believe he gets picked up by the Commencal Factory Team, current team is commencal sponsored and he is french, with a super strong seasons. Think he will be a solid podium thread 2018

But overall I have no idea, just my 2 cents on mentioned rumors Wink
Verbl Kint
9/14/2017 10:21am
Mick Hannah, while being interviewed on WynTV, just mentioned that Wyn was going to retire (as per Wyn's brother Eddie).

It looks like Wyn is going to go full enduro next season, I reckon. Which team, though?
9/14/2017 10:39am
Verbl Kint wrote:
Mick Hannah, while being interviewed on WynTV, just mentioned that Wyn was going to retire (as per Wyn's brother Eddie). It looks like Wyn is going...
Mick Hannah, while being interviewed on WynTV, just mentioned that Wyn was going to retire (as per Wyn's brother Eddie).

It looks like Wyn is going to go full enduro next season, I reckon. Which team, though?
Wyn also replied and said he is not retiring and to not listen to Eddie.
ck85
9/19/2017 5:07am
Athertons to try their hand at enduro with possible move to full time in 2019
Rude to YT enduro team
Minaar to return to his Global Racing roots and ride for Orange
Blenki to Specialized
mfoga
Fantasy
180th
9/19/2017 10:43am
ck85 wrote:
Athertons to try their hand at enduro with possible move to full time in 2019 Rude to YT enduro team Minaar to return to his Global...
Athertons to try their hand at enduro with possible move to full time in 2019
Rude to YT enduro team
Minaar to return to his Global Racing roots and ride for Orange
Blenki to Specialized
Did you miss the comments Rachel was saying during her one Enduro race? She didn't exactly seem like someone even considering racing Enduro.
9/19/2017 4:30pm
Mwood wrote:
what about the new american boyi taking the scene by storm, Dak Norton? He was on Morpheus, but that didn't go so well... Heard he rode...
what about the new american boyi taking the scene by storm, Dak Norton? He was on Morpheus, but that didn't go so well... Heard he rode an old Trek at the last race...Some legit team please pick him up
What about the other new american boy, bruce klein? 19 years old, a 3rd at crankworx, and two top 20 world cup finishes at the end of the year. Heard he's been getting some calls.
Pedal4life
9/21/2017 7:41am Edited Date/Time 9/21/2017 7:44am
I really like the idea of Richie going to YT the building of a Super Brand & Super Team putting that much talent with one brand, we all know they’re bikes are good this would be great
9/22/2017 3:29pm
lister_yu wrote:
would make sense as I saw him in the YT Mob Pits in Leogang for a long chat
Chatting in the pits means nothing... most of the racers are friends with each other and there is a lot of down time on a race weekend. Racers hang in each other's pits because they are friends and need to pass the time. Chatting in the pits (on its own) does not amount to much.
sspomer
Fantasy
50th
9/26/2017 11:06am
we've heard some things involving e-bikes.
lister_yu
9/26/2017 2:37pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2017 2:39pm
Chatting in the pits means nothing... most of the racers are friends with each other and there is a lot of down time on a race...
Chatting in the pits means nothing... most of the racers are friends with each other and there is a lot of down time on a race weekend. Racers hang in each other's pits because they are friends and need to pass the time. Chatting in the pits (on its own) does not amount to much.
I am well aware of that as there were many others stopping by and chatting with Martin, Aaaron and Neko. That is also the reason Sam Dale or Wyn Masters gave his hand brace to Neko to be able to race.

But the thread is named Rumors so there needs to be some "beef" otherwise there is not happening much ;-)
nickb01
9/26/2017 4:01pm
lister_yu wrote:
I am well aware of that as there were many others stopping by and chatting with Martin, Aaaron and Neko. That is also the reason Sam...
I am well aware of that as there were many others stopping by and chatting with Martin, Aaaron and Neko. That is also the reason Sam Dale or Wyn Masters gave his hand brace to Neko to be able to race.

But the thread is named Rumors so there needs to be some "beef" otherwise there is not happening much ;-)
More than that, Brook is managed by Martin / 23 Degrees, so he does spend quite a bit of time there. As much as I'd love to see it, it's very unlikely Brook will be joining the Mob. He'd be a good fit back at Mondraker.
trexyz
9/27/2017 1:57am
Mille Johnset will race world cup junior women with Trek Factory Racing DH.
malle
9/27/2017 11:28pm
malle wrote:
Greg Callaghan Insta

Greg Gallaghan signs with Red Bull
sspomer wrote:
boom! good find. i embedded the post here

cheers!
bturman
Fantasy
4106th
9/28/2017 9:53am
Ride.io joined in the Team Rumours fun, claiming:

1. Danny Hart off to Saracen

2. Wyn Masters off to Polygon Bikes. His focus will switch more towards EWS and therefore jump onboard a brand who want lots of enduro exposure. Possibly won’t be seeing him World Cup Downhill at all next year.

3. Brook Macdonald to MS Mondraker

4. Johannes Fischbach to Cube Bikes

5. Unior tools to Join Forces with Devinci Factory racing

6. Matt Simmonds to move on from Madison Saracen but to where??

7. Greg Gallaghan signs with Red Bull
9/29/2017 5:56am
bturman wrote:
Ride.io [url=http://ride.io/news/team-rumours-silly-season-begun/]joined in the Team Rumours fun[/url], claiming: [i]1. Danny Hart off to Saracen 2. Wyn Masters off to Polygon Bikes. His focus will switch more...
Ride.io joined in the Team Rumours fun, claiming:

1. Danny Hart off to Saracen

2. Wyn Masters off to Polygon Bikes. His focus will switch more towards EWS and therefore jump onboard a brand who want lots of enduro exposure. Possibly won’t be seeing him World Cup Downhill at all next year.

3. Brook Macdonald to MS Mondraker

4. Johannes Fischbach to Cube Bikes

5. Unior tools to Join Forces with Devinci Factory racing

6. Matt Simmonds to move on from Madison Saracen but to where??

7. Greg Gallaghan signs with Red Bull
that number 5 rumor tho!!!
matmattmatthew
10/1/2017 10:25am
I could see Trek wanting to sign a consistent podium threat in Enduro, anyone know when Rude and Hill's contracts are up?

Post a reply to: 2018 Racing Rumors

The Latest