Rampage 2021

iceman2058
Fantasy
84th
Edited Date/Time 10/19/2021 12:26pm
With the 2021 edition of the ultimate freeride event just two weeks away, it's time to start getting hyped! We've got a new venue to look forward this year as well, so we are even more fired up than usual for this one, especially since COVID deprived us of our favorite October entertainment last year as well.

Sadly, we have to start this thread with a bit of a downer as Brendan Fairclough just announced he has had to pull out - he has been undergoing multiple surgeries to clean out and seal up the massive leg injury he sustained at the Lenzerheide World Cup, after it got re-infected during initial rehab. Healing vibes to Brendog and good luck to the Rampage athletes.

Current list of alternates (we don't know who will fill Brendan's spot at the moment):
Thomas Genon
Emil Johansson
Reed Boggs
DJ Brandt
Antoine Bizet.

|
SB14
9/30/2021 2:14am
100kg Viking vs. Utah desert. Can't wait
NikolaiB
9/30/2021 4:33am
SB14 wrote:
100kg Viking vs. Utah desert. Can't wait
YEESSSSS……GO THE VIKING! BRAGE BRAGE BRAGE…! ANIMAAAAAALLLL!
10/3/2021 6:07am
On the live cast from the slope style last night cam and AC seemed pretty sure Genon was in for rampage too, anyone have any news?
jonkranked
Fantasy
819th
10/5/2021 6:28am
will Strait eat a taco after his run this year? STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT
jonkranked
Fantasy
819th
10/6/2021 11:53am
apparently permits were not obtained in time, so it will not be a new venue. riders voted to go back to the '16/'17 site.
Edthorne
Fantasy
1903rd
10/7/2021 12:21pm
Looks like Semenuk has a single crown set up on his bike, so I think we can expect a bar spin at the very least.

Personally I'm hoping for a huge tailwhip.
jonkranked
Fantasy
819th
10/7/2021 1:05pm
Edthorne wrote:
Looks like Semenuk has a single crown set up on his bike, so I think we can expect a bar spin at the very least. Personally...
Looks like Semenuk has a single crown set up on his bike, so I think we can expect a bar spin at the very least.

Personally I'm hoping for a huge tailwhip.
sounds like its one of 2 bikes he's built up for the event. based on how the statements were phrased, i'm under the assumption the other bike has a boxxer.
bulletbass man
Fantasy
233rd
10/7/2021 3:27pm
Tailwhipping the right drop is at minimum best trick. Wonder what Brandon has in store.
Big Bird
10/7/2021 3:50pm
I've always dreamt of seeing a rider do a tail whip on a triple clamp bike. Hand to hand style like some riders do bar spins. Kick it to lock, guide it around, grab the other grip and stomp it. it's always seemed simple enough in my mind.
O1D4
Fantasy
548th
10/7/2021 4:06pm
Big Bird wrote:
I've always dreamt of seeing a rider do a tail whip on a triple clamp bike. Hand to hand style like some riders do bar spins...
I've always dreamt of seeing a rider do a tail whip on a triple clamp bike. Hand to hand style like some riders do bar spins. Kick it to lock, guide it around, grab the other grip and stomp it. it's always seemed simple enough in my mind.
Horizontal Bike Flip!
jonkranked
Fantasy
819th
10/7/2021 5:49pm
Tailwhipping the right drop is at minimum best trick. Wonder what Brandon has in store.
a straight whip by itself may not be enough. especially considering the whip combos he's capable of.
Gemmaflybeta
Fantasy
1738th
10/8/2021 6:19am
I mean, let me guess, he's gonna pull off sui no hander off a drop and thats about it
Lol last time I believe he added a backflip and maaaybe a 360, but you're probably right and I think the event organizers like it that way. I remember seeing an interview with them about why guys like Silva/Tom van Steenbergen weren't invited earlier, and they were like, we have to balance bringing crazy young talent out here with a level of maturity so that someone doesn't actually die. They even admitted that van steezeburger was probably brought in a year or two too soon because of the massive crashes he sustained. And having that veteran presence of guys like Strait consistently go huge (and he does) but be calculated is an important part of it. My guess is his years out here are numbered.
Eoin
Fantasy
66th
10/8/2021 6:23am
Counter point: He is also most likely to hit the largest drop on the course.

(although it seems that might not happen this year from his vlog, kinda surprised he is going for the same line that didn't score that well)
jonkranked
Fantasy
819th
10/8/2021 6:53am
Lol last time I believe he added a backflip and maaaybe a 360, but you're probably right and I think the event organizers like it that...
Lol last time I believe he added a backflip and maaaybe a 360, but you're probably right and I think the event organizers like it that way. I remember seeing an interview with them about why guys like Silva/Tom van Steenbergen weren't invited earlier, and they were like, we have to balance bringing crazy young talent out here with a level of maturity so that someone doesn't actually die. They even admitted that van steezeburger was probably brought in a year or two too soon because of the massive crashes he sustained. And having that veteran presence of guys like Strait consistently go huge (and he does) but be calculated is an important part of it. My guess is his years out here are numbered.
he definitely doesn't have as many tricks as other riders, but he does consistently build very large jumps and drops. and i've heard the same about the veteran riders, the level of riding required is typically described as being so much higher than any other event.

rules are top 10 from the prior rampage are pre-qualified. as long as he keeps placing top 10 (last time he was outside that was 2015, when he placed 11th) he'll keep going unless he makes the decision himself not to. although i do agree that eventually he may not be able to make top 10 with how much talent some of the younger riders have. once he does decide to call it, they'll probably try to get him back as a judge.

Post a reply to: Rampage 2021

The Latest