Is Aaron Gwin selling his custom SoCal home?

5/9/2022 11:52pm
Impossible to type it without sounding like I’m taking the piss but could god have told him to move to Tennessee ? He’s done stranger things (god not Gwin )
LLLLL
5/10/2022 12:14am
Beautiful place, I’m glad to see he has his wheel rim from leogang in pride of place in his sitting room 👌🏻
chasejj
5/10/2022 9:25am
My wife and I (and our kid) are not loving California, well, So-Cal...none of it has to do with 'government'. I see that often enough and...
My wife and I (and our kid) are not loving California, well, So-Cal...none of it has to do with 'government'. I see that often enough and chuckle, like the govt has that much hold over your life it is quite possible you are doing something wrong. We've traveled enough in the world to know the locations we would rather be in, hope we get there-wish you the same luck in your eastward move.

As for this Gwinny pad, man, what a primo spot. My wife and I owned 5 acres down the street from his spot, we were going to build our dream house too (2004-2005?) as La cresta is unrivaled for its beauty and serenity (for being in so cal) we ended up stopping right before we broke ground, but always love visiting friends in La Cresta and knowing exactly where Gwin built, its safe to say that place is the crown jewel of the community. Well done to you Gwin on building such a gorgeous home and doing what you want/need to do.
So the insane taxes, fees, water mandates, costs of electricity ,gas, coddling of drug addicts and mental patients , racist teaching policies, dystopian/tyrannical mask and vax requirements, pedo approved laws, I could go on. None of that is government related ? Or you just approve of all of it?
Please stay here. Don't go anywhere else and screw it up with your bizarre beliefs or naivete.
They really should enact policies to stop any voting by new residents in these states for 5-10 years to prevent Cali refugees from ruining the states they flee to.
As a refugee from this dump, I would not have any problem with that.
DubC
Fantasy
3056th
5/10/2022 10:44am
My wife and I (and our kid) are not loving California, well, So-Cal...none of it has to do with 'government'. I see that often enough and...
My wife and I (and our kid) are not loving California, well, So-Cal...none of it has to do with 'government'. I see that often enough and chuckle, like the govt has that much hold over your life it is quite possible you are doing something wrong. We've traveled enough in the world to know the locations we would rather be in, hope we get there-wish you the same luck in your eastward move.

As for this Gwinny pad, man, what a primo spot. My wife and I owned 5 acres down the street from his spot, we were going to build our dream house too (2004-2005?) as La cresta is unrivaled for its beauty and serenity (for being in so cal) we ended up stopping right before we broke ground, but always love visiting friends in La Cresta and knowing exactly where Gwin built, its safe to say that place is the crown jewel of the community. Well done to you Gwin on building such a gorgeous home and doing what you want/need to do.
chasejj wrote:
So the insane taxes, fees, water mandates, costs of electricity ,gas, coddling of drug addicts and mental patients , racist teaching policies, dystopian/tyrannical mask and vax...
So the insane taxes, fees, water mandates, costs of electricity ,gas, coddling of drug addicts and mental patients , racist teaching policies, dystopian/tyrannical mask and vax requirements, pedo approved laws, I could go on. None of that is government related ? Or you just approve of all of it?
Please stay here. Don't go anywhere else and screw it up with your bizarre beliefs or naivete.
They really should enact policies to stop any voting by new residents in these states for 5-10 years to prevent Cali refugees from ruining the states they flee to.
hahaha. I love when the constitution thumpers talk about how they would support things that go against rights granted in the constitution!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out! Bye Felicia!
chasejj
5/10/2022 11:52am

chasejj wrote:
So the insane taxes, fees, water mandates, costs of electricity ,gas, coddling of drug addicts and mental patients , racist teaching policies, dystopian/tyrannical mask and vax...
DubC wrote:
hahaha. I love when the constitution thumpers talk about how they would support things that go against rights granted in the constitution! Don't let the door...
hahaha. I love when the constitution thumpers talk about how they would support things that go against rights granted in the constitution!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out! Bye Felicia!
News flash for Skippy- The Constitution no longer exists.
komyewest
5/10/2022 1:59pm
days without a thread devolving into political nonsense: 0
chasejj
5/10/2022 6:38pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2022 6:40pm
komyewest wrote:
You guys can deny it all you want, but everybody I know is planning their exit from Cali. Every one of those families uprooting and leaving was for political reasons and came at great pain and expense.
At least 20 I know personally have gone with their entire families (multiple properties sold in most cases) . I'm just delayed to allow my kid to graduate with his buddies. There is a reason most companies not related to Social Media or locked into a service type business are leaving or planning on it.
Looks like Aaron already got it done, but I admit I have no personally knowledge of him at all. Just a good idea of his motivation.
griz
Fantasy
2132nd
5/11/2022 8:32am
komyewest wrote:
chasejj wrote:
You guys can deny it all you want, but everybody I know is planning their exit from Cali. Every one of those families uprooting and leaving...
You guys can deny it all you want, but everybody I know is planning their exit from Cali. Every one of those families uprooting and leaving was for political reasons and came at great pain and expense.
At least 20 I know personally have gone with their entire families (multiple properties sold in most cases) . I'm just delayed to allow my kid to graduate with his buddies. There is a reason most companies not related to Social Media or locked into a service type business are leaving or planning on it.
Looks like Aaron already got it done, but I admit I have no personally knowledge of him at all. Just a good idea of his motivation.
I’m planning my departure too, but it isn’t based on politics. It’s based on the weather…why the hell doesn’t it rain here, the trails have been dusty for months. Yes, we get the occasional big storm: localized flooding, power outages, the rare thunder and lightning…
DubC
Fantasy
3056th
5/11/2022 10:15am
komyewest wrote:
chasejj wrote:
You guys can deny it all you want, but everybody I know is planning their exit from Cali. Every one of those families uprooting and leaving...
griz wrote:
I’m planning my departure too, but it isn’t based on politics. It’s based on the weather…why the hell doesn’t it rain here, the trails have been...
I’m planning my departure too, but it isn’t based on politics. It’s based on the weather…why the hell doesn’t it rain here, the trails have been dusty for months. Yes, we get the occasional big storm: localized flooding, power outages, the rare thunder and lightning…
This weather is actually my reasoning for considering a move too....and Im in NorCal also. I never understood why people would want to live in SoCal to begin with unless you are into watersports and live coastal or in the southern sierras. Inland empire is a hell hole, so it surprises me not at all that people want to move away from that dumpster fire.

@chaseii - I was under the impression that everyone you knew died from vaccine complications? Glad to hear you made some new friends already! I hear Texas is just starting to get really nice this time of the year! ;-)
chasejj
5/11/2022 10:59am
chasejj wrote:
griz wrote:
I’m planning my departure too, but it isn’t based on politics. It’s based on the weather…why the hell doesn’t it rain here, the trails have been...
DubC wrote:
This weather is actually my reasoning for considering a move too....and Im in NorCal also. I never understood why people would want to live in SoCal...
This weather is actually my reasoning for considering a move too....and Im in NorCal also. I never understood why people would want to live in SoCal to begin with unless you are into watersports and live coastal or in the southern sierras. Inland empire is a hell hole, so it surprises me not at all that people want to move away from that dumpster fire.

@chaseii - I was under the impression that everyone you knew died from vaccine complications? Glad to hear you made some new friends already! I hear Texas is just starting to get really nice this time of the year! ;-)
Couple more recently. Babies actually. The douchebag is alive and well in DUbC. Don't get jabbed.
bulletbass man
Fantasy
233rd
5/11/2022 11:02am
griz wrote:
DubC wrote:
This weather is actually my reasoning for considering a move too....and Im in NorCal also. I never understood why people would want to live in SoCal...

chasejj wrote:
Couple more recently. Babies actually. The douchebag is alive and well in DUbC. Don't get jabbed.
Sorry to derail this thread further but there are no authorized Covid vaccines for children under six.
chasejj
5/11/2022 2:23pm
DubC wrote:

chasejj wrote:
Sorry to derail this thread further but there are no authorized Covid vaccines for children under six.
You must retarded. Their moms were jabbed. They lost the babies late in term.
5/11/2022 8:14pm
chasejj wrote:
griz wrote:
DubC wrote:

i have been on the same program too, trying to find a solid place to live outside of CA. The one thing I will say that is a bummer for most western states is the long and knarly fire seasons. All the desirable outdoor rec towns seem to get 6 -8 weeks of really bad air conditions where you are extremely limited in what you can do outside..And after a long shoulder season, you get screwed for half the summer. Anywhere close to the pacific seems to not be bad because of the wind patterns. I say this as we currently have a fire in SoCal...
DubC
Fantasy
3056th
5/12/2022 9:14am
griz wrote:
DubC wrote:

i have been on the same program too, trying to find a solid place to live outside of CA. The one thing I will say that...
i have been on the same program too, trying to find a solid place to live outside of CA. The one thing I will say that is a bummer for most western states is the long and knarly fire seasons. All the desirable outdoor rec towns seem to get 6 -8 weeks of really bad air conditions where you are extremely limited in what you can do outside..And after a long shoulder season, you get screwed for half the summer. Anywhere close to the pacific seems to not be bad because of the wind patterns. I say this as we currently have a fire in SoCal...
Exactly. The loss of ability to do stuff during those summer fire months really sucks. Unfortunatly, even coastal areas are burning too. Couple years ago fires burnned right to the coast up in Norcal - one just north of Santa Cruz and another one north of Jenner. That issue will slowly be moving north in the coming years - 110 deg temps in Portland and Seattle last year....shit's getting bad.
5/13/2022 10:39am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2022 11:01am
chasejj wrote:
Like many of us he has enough of Cali. After living here my whole life the dystopian and tyrannical government has become untenable. I'm doing the...
Like many of us he has enough of Cali. After living here my whole life the dystopian and tyrannical government has become untenable. I'm doing the same. Selling the dream house and moving eastward, and at higher elevation.
You looking to move to a theocratic state or just like calling yourself a libertarian but stan fasci moves?
Mtnbikerva1
5/14/2022 4:52am

chasejj wrote:
It is not logical to leave one place because it is a horrible place to live, due to thinking, actions, voting and views. Then spend all the money and aggravation to move to a new location that is run well. Then continue voting, doing and thinking the same, that turned the previous place into a horrible place? Seems stupid or insane not to learn from mistakes and change voting, thoughts and actions.
The disease of leftism seems to be insidious to those unwilling (and the other unknowing victims), to objectively assess previous thinking and actions, only to be a vector for the disease in the new beautiful location.
Seems simple to think what are the reasons/cause to leave one place, and learn to make sure not to destroy the new.
5/15/2022 8:15am
TacosMcGee wrote:
So uh…
How about that house? Pretty cool, huh?
Lol, I just checked this thread thinking “man this is still going!? There must be some people on vital really interested in residential architecture for there to be 3 pages on gwins house!” Boy was I wrong haha
Verbl Kint
5/15/2022 11:40pm
It is not logical to leave one place because it is a horrible place to live, due to thinking, actions, voting and views. Then spend all...
It is not logical to leave one place because it is a horrible place to live, due to thinking, actions, voting and views. Then spend all the money and aggravation to move to a new location that is run well. Then continue voting, doing and thinking the same, that turned the previous place into a horrible place? Seems stupid or insane not to learn from mistakes and change voting, thoughts and actions.
The disease of leftism seems to be insidious to those unwilling (and the other unknowing victims), to objectively assess previous thinking and actions, only to be a vector for the disease in the new beautiful location.
Seems simple to think what are the reasons/cause to leave one place, and learn to make sure not to destroy the new.
Speaking as a person who has lived/worked in countries with right-wing populist dictators, I would actually welcome the chance to live in California.

Post a reply to: Is Aaron Gwin selling his custom SoCal home?

The Latest