wat?
sspomer
Fantasy
66th
9/6/2018 3:10pm Edited Date/Time 9/6/2018 3:10pm
literally wrote:
"it's not amaury's bike, but it is he and his bike..."
wat?
this is the "world champs bikes" thread, so i prefaced.
sspomer
Fantasy
66th
9/7/2018 9:55am
Amaury is clearly a ninja. Hit tree, take off foot, hand, push on. No biggie. from qualifying today and this is apparently after he crashed earlier in his run. he qualified 17th, 7 seconds off the pace.

9/7/2018 10:35am
sspomer wrote:
Amaury is clearly a ninja. Hit tree, take off foot, hand, push on. No biggie. from qualifying today and this is apparently after he crashed earlier...
Amaury is clearly a ninja. Hit tree, take off foot, hand, push on. No biggie. from qualifying today and this is apparently after he crashed earlier in his run. he qualified 17th, 7 seconds off the pace.

Insane the look of focus in his eyes as he goes past and how quickly he just gets back on with it.
bman33
9/7/2018 10:59am
sspomer wrote:
Vali Holl's mid-air finish line pass. #bringingbackdual [url=https://www.instagram.com/valihoell/]from her Insta story[/url] [embed][/embed]
Vali Holl's mid-air finish line pass. #bringingbackdual from her Insta story

She is so Rad and so far ahead of all other juniors it's embarrassing almost. Such a lack of competition in the women's junior field or is she just a phenom?
sspomer
Fantasy
66th
9/7/2018 12:28pm
LOL from martin and wyn. did people really get offended by martin's comments after winning labresse? i loved his "enduro is coming for you" kind of remarks. so good! we need more of that.

Aksel_Lfft
9/7/2018 3:46pm
sspomer wrote:
Vali Holl's mid-air finish line pass. #bringingbackdual [url=https://www.instagram.com/valihoell/]from her Insta story[/url] [embed][/embed]
Vali Holl's mid-air finish line pass. #bringingbackdual from her Insta story

bman33 wrote:
She is so Rad and so far ahead of all other juniors it's embarrassing almost. Such a lack of competition in the women's junior field or...
She is so Rad and so far ahead of all other juniors it's embarrassing almost. Such a lack of competition in the women's junior field or is she just a phenom?
I think both...
Aksel_Lfft
9/7/2018 3:49pm
sspomer wrote:
Amaury is clearly a ninja. Hit tree, take off foot, hand, push on. No biggie. from qualifying today and this is apparently after he crashed earlier...

Insane the look of focus in his eyes as he goes past and how quickly he just gets back on with it.
How is this even f@cking possible !?? Newton must be pissed off seeing that!
Jdub004
9/7/2018 3:53pm
sspomer wrote:
LOL from martin and wyn. did people really get offended by martin's comments after winning labresse? i loved his "enduro is coming for you" kind of...
LOL from martin and wyn. did people really get offended by martin's comments after winning labresse? i loved his "enduro is coming for you" kind of remarks. so good! we need more of that.

Wait I missed what he said after winning La Bresse, Was it juicy and controversial if it made people angry? What did he say??
sspomer
Fantasy
66th
9/7/2018 4:12pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2018 4:13pm
https://www.redbull.com/int-en/tv/video/AP-1VWBTUHZ92111/mens-dh-finals… - go to 1:34:45 and the interview starts...i'm guessing this is what people got bent about. "i did it for the enduro spirit and it's good to beat the DH boys at their own game." i thought it was freaking awesome. he just won a world cup DH race! i say rub that shit in regardless of weather etc LOL. he was amped and it showed. who doesn't love a rivalry like this??? everyone talks about DHers winning EWS races, now it got flipped. plus he's been successful in DH before. it's not like he's some roadie on a DH bike for his first race and winning the race. it was rad IMO

GA902
9/7/2018 4:37pm
sspomer wrote:
https://www.redbull.com/int-en/tv/video/AP-1VWBTUHZ92111/mens-dh-finals-en-la-bresse - go to 1:34:45 and the interview starts...i'm guessing this is what people got bent about. "i did it for the enduro spirit and it's...
https://www.redbull.com/int-en/tv/video/AP-1VWBTUHZ92111/mens-dh-finals… - go to 1:34:45 and the interview starts...i'm guessing this is what people got bent about. "i did it for the enduro spirit and it's good to beat the DH boys at their own game." i thought it was freaking awesome. he just won a world cup DH race! i say rub that shit in regardless of weather etc LOL. he was amped and it showed. who doesn't love a rivalry like this??? everyone talks about DHers winning EWS races, now it got flipped. plus he's been successful in DH before. it's not like he's some roadie on a DH bike for his first race and winning the race. it was rad IMO

"rub that shit in" Laughing Laughing Laughing
100% agree.

Could you imagine no one wearing rainbow stripes because the guy is racing ews instead? Has an outsider ever won before?
Fox
9/7/2018 7:13pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2018 7:15pm
It’d be insane if Maes won on a Sunday. A massive upset.

And I totally agree with Spomer. What a great rivalry! Maes seems like a really nice guy. This guy is the real deal and can do both disciplines at once and win. It’s all in good fun and let’s face it, he hauled some serious ass in absolutely terrible conditions. It was pouring rain when Maes went down the track in La B, streams running down the lines. People think the track got slower after that? Nonsense!

A little shit talking would spice things up nicely on the scene.

Kick some ass Martin!
depeche4
9/7/2018 7:19pm
@sspomer,

who was really ticked by his comments? keyboard warriors or some racers?
sspomer
Fantasy
66th
9/7/2018 8:11pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2018 8:12pm
depeche4 wrote:
@sspomer,

i don't know really. instagrammers? i have a friend who didn't think what martin said was cool, but i didn't know it was a big deal. i'm just going by what martin said in the interview today...that he has to be careful about what he says.
Dogboy
9/7/2018 8:39pm
depeche4 wrote:
@sspomer,

Oh, totally the keyboard warriors.
sspomer
Fantasy
66th
TRex
9/8/2018 1:46pm
sspomer wrote:
holy scrub fest, batman!!! nastiness from practice today below and Vital RAW from friday and saturday here - https://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/features/WORLD-CHAMPS-DOWNHILL-2-VITAL-RAW,35836/sspomer,2 View this post on Instagram Who scrubbed...
Gotta say, Maes did it best. He was lowest and super centered on his bike and ready to pump on the landing. Minnaar looked like he was playing around the most for sure.
Pedal4life
9/13/2018 1:47pm
What brand of bike was Mathilde Bernard on at Worlds?

Post a reply to: 2018 DH World Championships Bikes

The Latest