2024 TEAM RUMORS

chriskief
Fantasy
195th
4/25/2024 8:18am

From the latest Santa Cruz newsletter…

Jackson is signed through until 2030, and Laurie and Nina both signed two-year extensions (2024 - 2025).

Uncle Cliffy
4/25/2024 8:30am
chriskief wrote:

Jackson is signed through until 2030, and Laurie and Nina both signed two-year extensions (2024 - 2025).

A five-year contract? I wish I were a fly on the wall for those talks. For someone with his capabilities, it seems weird to get locked in for that long?

chriskief
Fantasy
195th
4/25/2024 8:32am
chriskief wrote:

A five-year contract? I wish I were a fly on the wall for those talks. For someone with his capabilities, it seems weird to get locked...

A five-year contract? I wish I were a fly on the wall for those talks. For someone with his capabilities, it seems weird to get locked in for that long?

I think it's for the 2023 - 2030 seasons, so an 8 year contract.

bulletbass man
Fantasy
591st
4/25/2024 10:08am
chriskief wrote:

A five-year contract? I wish I were a fly on the wall for those talks. For someone with his capabilities, it seems weird to get locked...

Mtb is a dangerous sport.  If the pay is good and decently guaranteed it seems like a no brainer for rider.  And for a guy as talented and well known as Jackson it seems like a no brainer for a brand.

Uncle Cliffy
4/25/2024 3:02pm
Mtb is a dangerous sport.  If the pay is good and decently guaranteed it seems like a no brainer for rider.  And for a guy as...

Mtb is a dangerous sport.  If the pay is good and decently guaranteed it seems like a no brainer for rider.  And for a guy as talented and well known as Jackson it seems like a no brainer for a brand.

At face value, I totally agree. But what I’m curious about is if his pay is locked in for all of those years, or are there adjustments to be made based on performance and if the brand is doing well…?

Santa Cruz was conspicuously absent from Sea Otter. 

Losifer
Fantasy
1277th
4/25/2024 3:17pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2024 3:18pm

I wouldn't read too much into their SO absence, PON didn't really need to show up. I'm almost positive none of the PON owned brands exhibited there.

dolface
Fantasy
974th
4/25/2024 5:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2024 5:28pm
Mtb is a dangerous sport.  If the pay is good and decently guaranteed it seems like a no brainer for rider.  And for a guy as...

At face value, I totally agree. But what I’m curious about is if his pay is locked in for all of those years, or are there...

At face value, I totally agree. But what I’m curious about is if his pay is locked in for all of those years, or are there adjustments to be made based on performance and if the brand is doing well…?

Santa Cruz was conspicuously absent from Sea Otter. 

I would bet a LOT of (internet) money there's a guaranteed base salary with hefty performance increases and win/podium bonuses in there.

4/26/2024 3:15am
chriskief wrote:

Santa Cruz "we will give you your existing pay plus Greg's if you sign until 2030".

Jackson "Ok"

Santa Cruz clearly sees Goldstone as the #1 rider on the Syndicate and are focusing the team around him for the long term. Makes sense to lock him in. 

bizutch
Fantasy
1679th
4/26/2024 4:51am
Losifer wrote:
I wouldn't read too much into their SO absence, PON didn't really need to show up. I'm almost positive none of the PON owned brands exhibited...

I wouldn't read too much into their SO absence, PON didn't really need to show up. I'm almost positive none of the PON owned brands exhibited there.

Financial distress indicator for sure.

mfoga
Fantasy
102nd
4/26/2024 6:50am

That was the big announcement? 

Verbl Kint
4/26/2024 8:15am Edited Date/Time 4/26/2024 8:18am

From Jure Zabjek:

Every journey has its end. I never thought that the sport that my brothers and I grew up playing would become a professional career. Travelling around the world, meeting new people, getting to know myself and competing at the highest level of racing has been a special experience.
I will never regret the path I have chosen. Each journey has brought me new challenges, insights and opportunities for personal growth. Thank you to everyone who has been part of this and helped me achieve these results, because even though you are alone on the course, there is always a team behind you and many people supporting you. Thank you all, we have achieved a lot together. All the effort was worth these moments. Despite the end of my career as a professional downhill racer, my passion for cycling is still strong. I will continue to test myself in smaller races and enjoy every moment on the bike.

Vsake poti je enkrat konec. Nikoli si nisem mislil da bom s športom 🚴‍♂️, ki mi je predstavljal igro s katero smo z brati rastli skozi otroštvo prerastel v profesionalno kariero. Potovati po svetu 🌍, spoznavati nove ljudi in samega sebe in ob tem še tekmovati na najvišjem nivoju je bilo posebno doživetje.
Nikoli mi ne bo žal za pot, katero sem izbral. Vsaka prevožena pot mi je prinesla nove izzive, spoznanja in priložnosti za osebnostno rast. Hvala vsem, ki ste bili del tega in mi pomagali do rezultatov saj kljub temu, da si na progi sam je za tabo vedno ekipa in številni ljudje, ki te podpirajo. Hvala vsem vam, dosegli smo veliko skupaj. Vsak trud je bil vreden teh trenutkov. Kljub zaključku profesionalne kariere pa bo moja strast do kolesarjenja vedno ostala. Z veseljem se bom še naprej preizkušal na manjših dirkah in užival v vsakem trenutku na kolesu.

sspomer
Fantasy
51st
4/26/2024 8:19am

Syndicate video #2 goes into signing of Ollie Davis

4/26/2024 8:56am
Verbl Kint wrote:
From Jure Zabjek:   Every journey has its end. I never thought that the sport that my brothers and I grew up playing would become...

From Jure Zabjek:

Every journey has its end. I never thought that the sport that my brothers and I grew up playing would become a professional career. Travelling around the world, meeting new people, getting to know myself and competing at the highest level of racing has been a special experience.
I will never regret the path I have chosen. Each journey has brought me new challenges, insights and opportunities for personal growth. Thank you to everyone who has been part of this and helped me achieve these results, because even though you are alone on the course, there is always a team behind you and many people supporting you. Thank you all, we have achieved a lot together. All the effort was worth these moments. Despite the end of my career as a professional downhill racer, my passion for cycling is still strong. I will continue to test myself in smaller races and enjoy every moment on the bike.

Vsake poti je enkrat konec. Nikoli si nisem mislil da bom s športom 🚴‍♂️, ki mi je predstavljal igro s katero smo z brati rastli skozi otroštvo prerastel v profesionalno kariero. Potovati po svetu 🌍, spoznavati nove ljudi in samega sebe in ob tem še tekmovati na najvišjem nivoju je bilo posebno doživetje.
Nikoli mi ne bo žal za pot, katero sem izbral. Vsaka prevožena pot mi je prinesla nove izzive, spoznanja in priložnosti za osebnostno rast. Hvala vsem, ki ste bili del tega in mi pomagali do rezultatov saj kljub temu, da si na progi sam je za tabo vedno ekipa in številni ljudje, ki te podpirajo. Hvala vsem vam, dosegli smo veliko skupaj. Vsak trud je bil vreden teh trenutkov. Kljub zaključku profesionalne kariere pa bo moja strast do kolesarjenja vedno ostala. Z veseljem se bom še naprej preizkušal na manjših dirkah in užival v vsakem trenutku na kolesu.

Warner always be struggling with his name

Rol
4/26/2024 9:15am

I‘am sorry for Jure. Allways felt like he had a lot more in the tank. Have fun!

1llumA
Fantasy
1350th
4/26/2024 11:01am
Losifer wrote:
I wouldn't read too much into their SO absence, PON didn't really need to show up. I'm almost positive none of the PON owned brands exhibited...

bizutch wrote:

Santa Cruz hasn't been present at Sea Otter for a few year now even when the covid boom was still in full swing. They preferred to invite media to visit the factory the week before and have a open house/exhibit instead of having a booth 50 miles away in Monterey. I wouldn't read that as a sign of financial distress unlike the factory sale they are having right now.

Losifer
Fantasy
1277th
4/26/2024 11:09am
Losifer wrote:

bizutch wrote:

I'm assuming this is sarcasm.

StudBeefpile
Fantasy
3022nd
4/26/2024 12:32pm Edited Date/Time 4/26/2024 2:22pm
dolface wrote:

PisgahGnar wrote:

Wow, Trickstuff knockoffs or what? 

Yes the only changed 2-3 Details.

There are several key parts of a bike that I won't cheap out on.  Brakes are almost at the top of that list.  I can not fathom how terrifying it must be as a WC racer to get handed something like this.  

"We'd like you to go risk life and limb in our name.  Also, here are some knock off brakes that we found in a dumpster, lol." 

dolface
Fantasy
974th
4/26/2024 12:37pm
There are several key parts of a bike that I won't cheap out on.  Brakes are almost at the top of that list.  I can not...

There are several key parts of a bike that I won't cheap out on.  Brakes are almost at the top of that list.  I can not fathom how terrifying it must be as a WC racer to get handed something like this.  

"We'd like you to go risk life and limb in our name.  Also, here are some knock off brakes that we found in a dumpster, lol." 

BRAKES

PisgahGnar
Fantasy
1208th
4/26/2024 12:49pm
PisgahGnar wrote:

Wow, Trickstuff knockoffs or what? 

There are several key parts of a bike that I won't cheap out on.  Brakes are almost at the top of that list.  I can not...

Yet there they are in the comments praising them. 

megastoke
4/26/2024 1:02pm

PisgahGnar wrote:

To be fair, they’re actually pretty nice brakes. I won’t be buying a set because I don’t like supporting blatant knockoffs, but they actually seem to be well made. 

Lance Legstrong
Fantasy
1030th
4/26/2024 1:07pm

PisgahGnar wrote:

megastoke wrote:
To be fair, they’re actually pretty nice brakes. I won’t be buying a set because I don’t like supporting blatant knockoffs, but they actually seem to...

To be fair, they’re actually pretty nice brakes. I won’t be buying a set because I don’t like supporting blatant knockoffs, but they actually seem to be well made. 

Tried out these brakes on another fellas e bike at my local and they put my freshly bled hopes to shame, much better than the saints and codes I've used aswell

4/26/2024 1:33pm

PisgahGnar wrote:

megastoke wrote:
To be fair, they’re actually pretty nice brakes. I won’t be buying a set because I don’t like supporting blatant knockoffs, but they actually seem to...

There are knockoffs and then there are knockoffs 

image-20240426153308-1

maxwrbike
4/26/2024 2:37pm

PisgahGnar wrote:

Yeah, they get paid to praise them, wouldn’t read too much Into that

4/26/2024 2:58pm

PisgahGnar wrote:

maxwrbike wrote:

Yeah, they get paid to praise them, wouldn’t read too much Into that

If only a few details have changed from the actual Trick Stuff brakes, wouldn't that mean they probably work about the same and just look a bit different? While the similarities are undeniable, these seem like a really cool and affordable option so long as we don't see Intense Factory riders flying off the track or blowing up sets of brakes throughout the year, .

Post a reply to: 2024 TEAM RUMORS

The Latest