All Things Rampage 2022

iceman2058
Fantasy
149th
Edited Date/Time 10/19/2022 12:32am
Catch up on and chat about rider news, digging progress, Rampage bikes and more!

|
iceman2058
Fantasy
149th
10/16/2022 12:17am
Semenuk mentioned a while back that he was having a hard time choosing between Rampage and the Lake Superior Performance Rally (LSPR)...looks like he didn't choose, he's doing both!? Finish up the rally, head straight out to the desert. He must have his crew digging already. What a Semenuk thing to do.

Fantaman
10/16/2022 5:11am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2022 5:13am
Damm Cam Zink is insane, that thing is rediculious !!!!
FullSend
Fantasy
1111th
10/17/2022 7:21am
This is getting ridiculous. I'm not going to support RedBull's bloodsports colosseum by watching the event.

Do you remember the moment when Tom Van Steenbergen had that horrible crash last year after pulling off that massive front flip? The camera man standing next to him first checked his footage and pointed the camera at Tom who was writhing in pain on the ground, instead of checking on him.

Disgusting.

In that moment I decided to not support this bullcrap any longer.
mtbman99
Fantasy
1406th
10/17/2022 8:41am
FullSend wrote:
This is getting ridiculous. I'm not going to support RedBull's bloodsports colosseum by watching the event. Do you remember the moment when Tom Van Steenbergen had...
This is getting ridiculous. I'm not going to support RedBull's bloodsports colosseum by watching the event.

Do you remember the moment when Tom Van Steenbergen had that horrible crash last year after pulling off that massive front flip? The camera man standing next to him first checked his footage and pointed the camera at Tom who was writhing in pain on the ground, instead of checking on him.

Disgusting.

I didn't think the riders where forced to compete in this event?
Matt Dogg
10/17/2022 9:09am
FullSend wrote:
This is getting ridiculous. I'm not going to support RedBull's bloodsports colosseum by watching the event. Do you remember the moment when Tom Van Steenbergen had...

Disgusting.

mtbman99 wrote:
I didn't think the riders where forced to compete in this event?
For me the event is certainly terrifying but also awe inspiring. This is the pinnacle of freeride for the best of the best and they seem stoked to participate.
10/17/2022 10:20am
FullSend wrote:

Disgusting.

Two things:

1. This is the premier big mountain freeride mountain bike event, with only professional freeride athletes competing. Risk is inherently part of progression, and Red Bull is helping facilitate an event that elevates the sport. They don't force riders to build a line and compete, and I can guarantee every rider there is thankful to have the opportunity to be a part of the competition.

2. Camera personel are not medics. If a crash happens, a trained medical team is on standby to jump into action. Camera operators: please continue holding your camera; we are not putting pressure on you to step up and be a first responder, too.
10/17/2022 10:37am Edited Date/Time 10/17/2022 10:44am
Kyle Strait's second vlog! Lines coming together...

Stewyeww
10/17/2022 4:47pm
Two things: 1. This is the premier big mountain freeride mountain bike event, with only professional freeride athletes competing. Risk is inherently part of progression, and...
Two things:

1. This is the premier big mountain freeride mountain bike event, with only professional freeride athletes competing. Risk is inherently part of progression, and Red Bull is helping facilitate an event that elevates the sport. They don't force riders to build a line and compete, and I can guarantee every rider there is thankful to have the opportunity to be a part of the competition.

2. Camera personel are not medics. If a crash happens, a trained medical team is on standby to jump into action. Camera operators: please continue holding your camera; we are not putting pressure on you to step up and be a first responder, too.
I would say anyone working working for RedBull would be activley discouraged in helping someone unless they are a paramedic, due to liability.
10/18/2022 6:28am
I love how some are now forced to ride 160 bikes because their sponsors don't make DH bikes. Must drive some of these guys nuts bringing a pump shotgun to a machine gun fight.
metadave
Fantasy
2288th
10/18/2022 6:45am
McCaul with the biggest tease of them all.....

Voxran
10/18/2022 7:09am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2022 8:30am
I love how some are now forced to ride 160 bikes because their sponsors don't make DH bikes. Must drive some of these guys nuts bringing...
I love how some are now forced to ride 160 bikes because their sponsors don't make DH bikes. Must drive some of these guys nuts bringing a pump shotgun to a machine gun fight.
Are you speaking of Reed Boggs or Kurt Sorge ? All of the others have downhill bike but some choose to bring a smaller bike (Storch -> Propain Spindrift, Rheeder -> small Commencal FRS, etc...)
And it doesn't seems to stop them from beeing on the podium with their bike !

StudBeefpile
Fantasy
974th
10/18/2022 3:57pm
iceman2058 wrote:
More first hits going down, Rheeder making a couple of huge hits look absolutely butter: View this post on Instagram A post shared by Brett Rheeder...
More first hits going down, Rheeder making a couple of huge hits look absolutely butter:

That is a massive drop for a single crown fork. Hope someone gets a side shot of the landing.

Post a reply to: All Things Rampage 2022

The Latest