YT USA Support & Info

Related:
8/31/2017 7:31pm
Falcon wrote:
This relates to the question above regarding the 2018 models.... sort of. If someone wanted a 2017 model that is currently "sold out," does that mean...
This relates to the question above regarding the 2018 models.... sort of.

If someone wanted a 2017 model that is currently "sold out," does that mean he is out of luck?
Specifically, I'm referring to an XL Capra AL. Would I be waiting for a 2018?
nickb01 wrote:
Yup, you'll have to wait until 2018's are released in January, and given their popularity I'd put an order in quick so you can get in...
Yup, you'll have to wait until 2018's are released in January, and given their popularity I'd put an order in quick so you can get in one of the first shipments. I'm planning on getting a 2018 Pro Race as soon as they're available to order.
Do you think 2018 capra is all new or not?
bturman
Fantasy
4106th
12/2/2017 3:45pm

As of December 1, 2017, Cam Zink and crew are no longer the YT distributor within the USA.

Below is the official press release from YT announcing the change. In it, they say Cam Zink will remain with YT Industries as an athlete and continue to contribute to the business as part of the YT family.

YT USA – Change of Business Structure

We are pleased to announce a structural change in the distribution strategy of YT in the USA. Instead of going through a service and distribution partner, our subsidiary YT Industries USA Inc. will be running the US business as of the 1st Dec, 2017.

This means we can now fully implement our European direct sales strategy in the USA, offering several advantages for US customers, such as more attractive pricing, improved service and increased availability of bikes.

The new Head Office of YT Industries USA Inc. is based in San Clemente, California.

We would like to take the opportunity to thank Cam Zink for his support in running a service and distribution center in Reno for us over the last 3 years. Cam will remain with YT Industries as an athlete and continue to contribute to the business as part of the YT family.

We are looking forward to delivering even more #GoodTimes to the USA.

About YT Industries

In 2008, CEO Markus Flossmann founded YT with the aim of building competition-ready, affordable dirt jump and slopestyle mountain bikes for talented young riders. After nine years, the product range includes high-end downhill, enduro, and trail bikes, which are regularly awarded with prestigious prizes. The secret of success: high quality products, fair prices, the direct selling method which eliminates the profit margins of middlemen, an unmatched reputation and last but not least, a team of world-class riders like Cam Zink, Andreu Lacondeguy, Aaron Gwin and Brett Tippie who are all part of the YT family.
OneManArmy
Fantasy
1191st
12/2/2017 10:45pm
Interesting. Seems to me this hurts their street cred. Might as well buy a canyon or one of the other brands with the same business model.

Curious to see how long he really stays on as an athlete... and the rest of the yt mob for that matter.
Hunter113
12/28/2017 2:00pm
Is it possible to preorder the 2018 yt Capra's?
taldfind
4/29/2018 11:11am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2018 1:35pm
Has YT USA considered bringing a fleet of demo bikes to the Wydaho Bike Festival, and other bike festivals across the US?
rockchomper
10/7/2020 1:29pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2020 1:31pm
So I have a 2019 Tues (purchased may 2020 new from YT) and where the rear shock bolt mounts into the frame, the frame cracked. Warranty started off very nice and quick but I have been waiting on my replacement part for 5 MONTHS!! literally missed the entire summit season. I have been emailing them throughout this whole process and they are very nice and reply quickly but 5 months and counting is really not cool im so bummed! What do I do? I bought a brand new bike and cant even ride it. Im so bummed on YT that im not even stoked on my new bike now it just frustrates me looking at it! What do I do?
Mtbforlife4
Fantasy
3783rd
10/7/2020 1:41pm
So I have a 2019 Tues (purchased may 2020 new from YT) and where the rear shock bolt mounts into the frame, the frame cracked. Warranty...
So I have a 2019 Tues (purchased may 2020 new from YT) and where the rear shock bolt mounts into the frame, the frame cracked. Warranty started off very nice and quick but I have been waiting on my replacement part for 5 MONTHS!! literally missed the entire summit season. I have been emailing them throughout this whole process and they are very nice and reply quickly but 5 months and counting is really not cool im so bummed! What do I do? I bought a brand new bike and cant even ride it. Im so bummed on YT that im not even stoked on my new bike now it just frustrates me looking at it! What do I do?
Buy a new frame and when you get the warranty from YT fix it and sell the YT. I had a Capra and literally got rid of it because I was afraid something would go wrong and I'd be in your shoes. So many stories similar to yours surrounding YT. Sketch
rockchomper
10/7/2020 1:57pm
Buy a new frame and when you get the warranty from YT fix it and sell the YT. I had a Capra and literally got rid...
Buy a new frame and when you get the warranty from YT fix it and sell the YT. I had a Capra and literally got rid of it because I was afraid something would go wrong and I'd be in your shoes. So many stories similar to yours surrounding YT. Sketch
I wish I was in a good enough financial position to buy another frame. At this moment I dont think ill buy YT ever again and I would advise everyone else to stay away aswell. I really hope they are a good enough company to try and make this up to me somehow but I dont have high hopes from what Ive heard this is common with them. What really sucks is i bought two one Tues for me and one for my wife! Am I able to do anything else besides buy a new frame?
Mtbforlife4
Fantasy
3783rd
10/7/2020 3:33pm
Buy a new frame and when you get the warranty from YT fix it and sell the YT. I had a Capra and literally got rid...
I wish I was in a good enough financial position to buy another frame. At this moment I dont think ill buy YT ever again and...
I wish I was in a good enough financial position to buy another frame. At this moment I dont think ill buy YT ever again and I would advise everyone else to stay away aswell. I really hope they are a good enough company to try and make this up to me somehow but I dont have high hopes from what Ive heard this is common with them. What really sucks is i bought two one Tues for me and one for my wife! Am I able to do anything else besides buy a new frame?
How badly is it cracked? Just send it, it's on the rear of the bike if it completely blows up you'll survive. It's not like the headtube snapping off.

Post a reply to: YT USA Support & Info

The Latest