10/27/2019 3:44am
brendogs link on the scott site is dead. everyone else is working
pimpin gimp
Fantasy
2554th
10/27/2019 9:36am
bb rides wrote:
brendogs link on the scott site is dead. everyone else is working
He’s surely not leaving after they finally got him a bike he can compete with?
10/27/2019 1:49pm
I don't recall reading about Dailly to Specialized. Or about GT splitting with George and Noga. And I don't think I've heard the Oton rumor either.

Otton is gonna change Team for 2020, he will replace another Frenchy in his new team 😉
metadave
Fantasy
2715th
10/27/2019 5:47pm
Pretty sure Brendon signed a new contract last year after velo solution team folded. Although he is on his own hybrid factory program from what I remeber
erik saunders
10/29/2019 7:56am
Well, it doesn't have to be mandatory for a race team participating to a UCI event but it could be a requirement for a TRADE TEAM...
Well, it doesn't have to be mandatory for a race team participating to a UCI event but it could be a requirement for a TRADE TEAM. These teams receive a preferred treatment from UCI, it sounds normal they would also have to bring some value to the UCI such as developing the sport with some juniors and helping the sport to progress. There are already many requirements for a trade team, this one doesn't sound outrageous.
Keep in mind UCI receives funding from national federations and national federations receive (most of the time) funding from national government aka people taxes (and 50% of them are women). UCI rules are politic (in the most virtuous meaning), they are supposed to support an equal and fair world we want to live in. It's not just a product with some marketing. It's fine if teams don't want or can't support female riders but they don't have to be a trade team.
Social change and progress don't always appear as a free market organic outcome, it needs some impulsion.
i like the idea of teams competition pulling from men & women (as is the current rule)... if there were more value in the team standings every team would have a woman on it...
10/29/2019 10:52am
i like the idea of teams competition pulling from men & women (as is the current rule)... if there were more value in the team standings...
i like the idea of teams competition pulling from men & women (as is the current rule)... if there were more value in the team standings every team would have a woman on it...
There's a team competition?
erik saunders
10/29/2019 12:09pm
i like the idea of teams competition pulling from men & women (as is the current rule)... if there were more value in the team standings...
Ha- exactly... try to even find it on the UCI website or even understand what you are looking at if you did:

https://www.uci.org/mountain-bike/rankings
JREnroth
Fantasy
2854th
10/29/2019 12:12pm
Interesting...

https://singletrackworld.com/2019/10/tahnee-seagrave-the-future-isnt-al…

"Unfortunately I ran out of time with Tahnee at this point. I had planned on fishing for information on who she’ll be riding for next year, having left Transition. (My money is on Trek, but I have no facts to back this up. What do you think?").
Capricorn
10/30/2019 10:23am
Pierron to Gwintastic ?!
toast2266 wrote:
ctbiker888 wrote:
if any of you think Commencal is going to let Pierron walk after his last two seasons you are out of your GOURD.

Well, with so many deep pockets invested in the Intense team, i'm sure that by now, they feel very motivated to finally get some champ material..
10/30/2019 10:24am
Pierron to Gwintastic ?!
toast2266 wrote:
ctbiker888 wrote:
if any of you think Commencal is going to let Pierron walk after his last two seasons you are out of your GOURD.

There is always a deal with the right offer...
laric
10/30/2019 1:44pm
Stiksandstones
Fantasy
288th
10/30/2019 2:26pm
laric wrote:
Definitely : https://dataride.uci.ch/Results/iframe/RankingDetails/162?disciplineId=7&groupId=42&momentId=46267&disciplineSeasonId=128&rankingTypeId=2&categoryId=45&raceTypeId=19 I quite like the first team :D
That list is UCI global ranking right? NOT the season ending WORLD CUP ranking?
erik saunders
10/30/2019 6:44pm
laric wrote:
Definitely : https://dataride.uci.ch/Results/iframe/RankingDetails/162?disciplineId=7&groupId=42&momentId=46267&disciplineSeasonId=128&rankingTypeId=2&categoryId=45&raceTypeId=19 I quite like the first team :D
Yes... this is the global ranking where its counting points from men and women... but like i said.. hard to tell what this ranking is on the site... and its never mentioned in race coverage, or the media at all... if i was Scott I'd be all the time telling ppl we were the #1 team in the rankings... As a team or sponsor you put all this effort in to the WC... I'd want the WC to have a team comp as well... just sayin...
10/30/2019 10:12pm
Chain Reaction working out with Tahnee. Seems like it would be a good fit for the team to ride Nukeproof frames and components?
FqqTBawL
10/30/2019 10:44pm
laric wrote:
Yes... this is the global ranking where its counting points from men and women... but like i said.. hard to tell what this ranking is on...
Yes... this is the global ranking where its counting points from men and women... but like i said.. hard to tell what this ranking is on the site... and its never mentioned in race coverage, or the media at all... if i was Scott I'd be all the time telling ppl we were the #1 team in the rankings... As a team or sponsor you put all this effort in to the WC... I'd want the WC to have a team comp as well... just sayin...
It is strangely interesting looking through the teams.

Brendog is not listed when you click through to the team members of Scott Factory DH, neither Jack Moir on the Intense team or Luca Shaw on the SC Syndicate page?

May be others too, haven't had a long look.
Jrp
Fantasy
2904th
10/31/2019 2:28am
Oton to orbea
Flo to trek
Carlson to ebikes
mfoga
Fantasy
437th
10/31/2019 2:35pm
Was Brendog ever technically on the Scott DH team? I though he was technically on his own deal.
metadave
Fantasy
2715th
10/31/2019 5:18pm
mfoga wrote:
Was Brendog ever technically on the Scott DH team? I though he was technically on his own deal.
Correct, bit still technically a Scott factory rider I believe in his own way.
11/1/2019 2:29am Edited Date/Time 11/1/2019 2:57am
A massive island and autonomous Danish territory between the North Atlantic and Arctic oceans has been given its wings for next year.

Post a reply to: 2020 Mountain Bike Team Rumors

The Latest