Sponsorship and grassroots

Edited Date/Time 12/9/2015 5:36pm
Hello guys
I want ask something,i am 16 years old and i want start racing,how much % discounts i get with grassroots programms in the bikes?
Thank you
|
Big Bird
12/8/2015 8:34am
In my experience here in the states, when I started racing with my local bike shop team the deal was wholesale pricing on all bike parts and a free team jersey.
12/8/2015 8:45am
What the price at wholesale?
For example if one bike cost 2000 $ how much $ you pay to buy it ?
Big Bird
12/8/2015 8:50am
In my experience bike shops operate at about a 40% mark up. Meaning a $2000 priced bike might be yours for $1,200.
12/8/2015 8:54am
Ok thank you!
One more question,can i take discounts from some company? I mean not from a dealer cause i leave in small town and we dont have a lot of dealers.If yes can you recommended one company to ask?
taldfind
12/8/2015 2:00pm
Check out http://www.hookit.com/ there are a number of companies that will sponsor you. Some companies offer great deals, while other companies are cheap. Good luck at the races.
Big Bird
12/8/2015 6:20pm Edited Date/Time 12/8/2015 6:30pm
Ok thank you! One more question,can i take discounts from some company? I mean not from a dealer cause i leave in small town and we...
Ok thank you!
One more question,can i take discounts from some company? I mean not from a dealer cause i leave in small town and we dont have a lot of dealers.If yes can you recommended one company to ask?
Sure. Get what you can get. As long as everyone gets what they want: you to the races and their name somewhere that it is seen and generates sales. As a representative stupid American, I have no idea where the GRC is. We tend to list our locations as area codes full of numbers like the 90210, 818, 831, or my current 805. But that's just stupid American culture. Get out and meet people. If someone with an advertising budget likes what you are doing, simply suggest that they could could help you, and them, have a positive input into both of your lives. At the base of all economic interactions, is the fact that both parties must gain from the interaction. Otherwise either you are enslaving them, or they are enslaving you. Ride free, sign contracts carefully and be genuine. And smile a lot... And ride well...

Eisma
Fantasy
742nd
12/8/2015 7:50pm
Ok thank you! One more question,can i take discounts from some company? I mean not from a dealer cause i leave in small town and we...
Ok thank you!
Big Bird wrote:
Sure. Get what you can get. As long as everyone gets what they want: you to the races and their name somewhere that it is seen...
Sure. Get what you can get. As long as everyone gets what they want: you to the races and their name somewhere that it is seen and generates sales. As a representative stupid American, I have no idea where the GRC is. We tend to list our locations as area codes full of numbers like the 90210, 818, 831, or my current 805. But that's just stupid American culture. Get out and meet people. If someone with an advertising budget likes what you are doing, simply suggest that they could could help you, and them, have a positive input into both of your lives. At the base of all economic interactions, is the fact that both parties must gain from the interaction. Otherwise either you are enslaving them, or they are enslaving you. Ride free, sign contracts carefully and be genuine. And smile a lot... And ride well...

GRC=Greece, but I am also american and do not know much.
12/9/2015 5:59am
taldfind wrote:
Check out http://www.hookit.com/ there are a number of companies that will sponsor you. Some companies offer great deals, while other companies are cheap. Good luck at...
Check out http://www.hookit.com/ there are a number of companies that will sponsor you. Some companies offer great deals, while other companies are cheap. Good luck at the races.
Can you say me how this site works to find the sponsors?
Cause i cant understand it
Big Bird
12/9/2015 5:36pm
It seems bogus to me as a non social media kind of person. It seems that they want you to get a bunch of followers on all sorts of social media to make you look cooler to their sponsor people. I wouldn't know where to start. A smile and a handshake always worked best for me.

Post a reply to: Sponsorship and grassroots

The Latest