How to heckle at a race?

Related:
jeff.brines
Edited Date/Time 6/21/2017 7:18pm
I have some friends coming to a race for the first time. They aren't sure how to properly heckle so I thought I'd inspire them.

Post your favorite heckler video or line here. Best line or video gets a six pack from me. (I'm not kidding)
|
E.T.
5/3/2016 10:25am
Watch and learn from one of the best...Griz!

hbelly13
5/9/2016 7:16am
These are from cyclocross racing, but many are hilarious and applicable. Evil
jeff.brines
5/10/2016 1:34pm
I still want more one liners too... "yerrr doing it wrong", "get on the bike", "must be a rest day" are all funny but I know we can do better...
Koper25
5/10/2016 3:42pm
Not so much a line or video, but you can't have a DH race without these on the sidelines!

Just remember to take the chain off!

Obviously the stick is not for putting through people's spokes it's for hitting the rim. All about creating the ambiance of a DH race.
5/10/2016 4:55pm
I still want more one liners too... "yerrr doing it wrong", "get on the bike", "must be a rest day" are all funny but I know...
I still want more one liners too... "yerrr doing it wrong", "get on the bike", "must be a rest day" are all funny but I know we can do better...
Screaming "You dropped your water bottle!" has always been a good one.
HuckSauce
5/10/2016 6:37pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2016 7:56pm
Find a spot 1/4 the way to the top of the steepest climb, tell the racers, "The top is just around the corner". This works well for cross country races, and really screws up the mental game. P.S. Vodka please.
5/11/2016 1:15am
I was in a race last year where a guy was standing on the side after a taped off trail split shouting "yer going the wrong way! Where are you going?" Incredibly off-putting. I was second guessing myself for the rest of the stage. Then, in a race a couple of weeks ago, a mate was up a tree and out above the track on a rather gnarly multiple line root bed - I couldn't see him, but it was like he was shouting in my ear "what? You're not gonna take that line!? Oh Fraser, what are you doing!?" I completely hashed it up - slowest I've ever gone through there. Still won my grade though!

Post a reply to: How to heckle at a race?

The Latest