2024 TEAM RUMORS

tstep
Fantasy
1258th
3/22/2024 9:03am

Could this mean a possible fill-in rider for the syndicate? 

ARonBurgundy
Fantasy
1600th
3/22/2024 9:10am
tstep wrote:

I can make myself available. I'll need a bike soon though so I can get up to pace. 

tstep
Fantasy
1258th
3/22/2024 9:22am
tstep wrote:

@tstep Who are we thinking?? 

Sam Hill or Jamie edmondson 

owl-x
Fantasy
436th
3/22/2024 9:23am

New knee seems like nothing compared to that internal stuff last year. 

Mtbbeta
Fantasy
2372nd
3/22/2024 10:11am
tstep wrote:

Wonder if Greg would be interested Evil 

Ahab
Fantasy
1337th
3/22/2024 10:30am

Put Peaty back on the horse

Dodgems
Fantasy
1131st
3/22/2024 10:43am
tstep wrote:

Mtbbeta wrote:
Wonder if Greg would be interested  

Really bad luck for Jackson, but actually could be good for Laurie...if he stays healthy.

tstep
Fantasy
1258th
3/22/2024 11:21am
tstep wrote:

Mtbbeta wrote:

Maybe get Kathy Sessler and Rennie back on track too? Or hear me out… kirt voreis doesn’t have a frame sponsor right now and has some similar sponsors to the team… maybe have him in for sea otter and vet worlds?? 

BGoldstone
Fantasy
109th
3/22/2024 11:50am
tstep wrote:
Maybe get Kathy Sessler and Rennie back on track too? Or hear me out… kirt voreis doesn’t have a frame sponsor right now and has some...

Maybe get Kathy Sessler and Rennie back on track too? Or hear me out… kirt voreis doesn’t have a frame sponsor right now and has some similar sponsors to the team… maybe have him in for sea otter and vet worlds?? 

Kathy is at Norco for this season

3/22/2024 12:27pm
tstep wrote:

Mtbbeta wrote:

tstep wrote:
Maybe get Kathy Sessler and Rennie back on track too? Or hear me out… kirt voreis doesn’t have a frame sponsor right now and has some...

ALL HAIL LORD VOREIS. GET THE MAN A DAMN SPONSORSHIP SC 

WhiskeyRiver
Fantasy
511th
3/22/2024 3:44pm

Voreis is the man. There is zero reason he should be without a frame sponsor just based on his instagram following alone.

3/22/2024 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2024 4:11pm
VandR wrote:
We can't speak for Aletha and Taylor (aka The Ostgaards), but we did get an ok from them to post here on this topic. V+R's best...

We can't speak for Aletha and Taylor (aka The Ostgaards), but we did get an ok from them to post here on this topic.

V+R's best understanding is that Aletha chose to leave TFR for different opportunities and TFR chose to end Taylor's contract. Events appeared to have happened in that order. 

V+R Racing will be the podium hat sponsor for both sisters again in '24. We're super stoked to sign them for another season! They are also riding for GoPro and Smith. They are back on their Treks, but Trek is not currently one of their sponsors.

Massive kudos to Jorge and Rachel for running a great team that saw such huge success in '23! We're excited to see Valen and Tilly smash it for '24! V+R Racing deeply appreciates Transition's support of women's DH. Massive credit to Lars and the gang for putting the TFR program together!

We reserve the right to get yelled at for being wrong on any of the above details and the right to correct anything said in error.

Cheers, V+R Racing

So Aletha Terminated the contract after signing it? That seems a bit weird. I get she might have a better deal in her pocket but if she did why not try and get in the offseason? Seems a bit shady to pull out during the deal.

(Any accusations of favorable bias toward a hometown bike brand are fair)

Stewyeww
3/22/2024 4:54pm
owl-x wrote:

Internal stuff is scarier but it will probably take longer to come back from knee surgery.

VandR
Fantasy
2032nd
3/22/2024 4:54pm
So Aletha Terminated the contract after signing it? That seems a bit weird. I get she might have a better deal in her pocket but if...

So Aletha Terminated the contract after signing it? That seems a bit weird. I get she might have a better deal in her pocket but if she did why not try and get in the offseason? Seems a bit shady to pull out during the deal.

(Any accusations of favorable bias toward a hometown bike brand are fair)

Everyone can agree that last fall into early this spring was super nutty bonkers crazy from the standpoint of both racers and sponsors. There were challenges around timing for everyone and yeah it looks a bit weird. But it was a very weird silly season and now it just is what it is. Time to get pumped for '24. Windrock is tomorrow!

(No bias accusations needed. We eat at The Outpost all time. We'll see ya on Unemployment Line.)

LePigPen
Fantasy
2047th
3/22/2024 5:37pm
sspomer wrote:

kade and jackson?! ugh...mtb just got a little more boring this year. sure hope they heal quickly and well.

A LOT less steezy. Plenty of fast guys and guys with tricks but arguably none do it smoother than those 2. Also no JG course previews?? Sad They should bring him in the booth.

3/22/2024 6:23pm
owl-x wrote:

Stewyeww wrote:

Internal stuff is scarier but it will probably take longer to come back from knee surgery.

I'll be shocked if Goldstone is back on a bike at a WC this year. 

Next year everyone will be complaining about his bionic knee giving him an advantage. 

BGoldstone
Fantasy
109th
3/22/2024 6:29pm
LePigPen wrote:
A LOT less steezy. Plenty of fast guys and guys with tricks but arguably none do it smoother than those 2. Also no JG course previews...

A LOT less steezy. Plenty of fast guys and guys with tricks but arguably none do it smoother than those 2. Also no JG course previews?? Sad They should bring him in the booth.

Wink Watch the supercross feed tomorrow. 

alerad
Fantasy
671st
3/25/2024 10:21am

image-20240325182052-1

Aimi Kenyon on Unior

1llumA
Fantasy
1350th
3/25/2024 12:47pm
I'll be shocked if Goldstone is back on a bike at a WC this year.  Next year everyone will be complaining about his bionic knee giving...

Next year everyone will be complaining about his bionic knee giving him an advantage. 

MSA is early october again this year so I think there is a possibility.

3/25/2024 4:36pm
I'll be shocked if Goldstone is back on a bike at a WC this year.  Next year everyone will be complaining about his bionic knee giving...

1llumA wrote:

There are not a lot of details on the exact surgery, but given his age and that he's a top level athlete... 
-The earliest he may appear is the 1199 DH at Crankworx in late July 
-Or More likely worlds at the very end of August
-Definitely will be back for Loudenvielle in September and MSA in October. 

3/25/2024 6:23pm

1llumA wrote:

There are not a lot of details on the exact surgery, but given his age and that he's a top level athlete...  -The earliest he may...

There are not a lot of details on the exact surgery, but given his age and that he's a top level athlete... 

I'm speculating, but either a MCL or an ACL have multiple months long recovery and that's for basic walking around normally. I'm assuming both is going to compound that since it will be a harder recovery and take longer to regain stability in the knee. I've known lots of people (myself included) who have torn ACL or MCL but I don't think I know anyone who has done both at the same time. It's also a hard injury to maintain any fitness through recovery. 

That said, he is young, top level athlete, and hopefully receiving top notch care. All of that should help him bounce back quicker. Riding a bike is also a little easier to stabilize the knee with a brace because of less lateral loading compared to other sports. 

I hope I'm wrong and he bounces back quickly. 

luisgutrod
Fantasy
101st
3/25/2024 8:02pm
There are not a lot of details on the exact surgery, but given his age and that he's a top level athlete...  -The earliest he may...

semi-fit kinda-young healthy weekend warriors may be back  on heir bike riding DH 3-4 months after ACL surgery. been there.. with a knee brace, but not pushing like a pro is required to, so yes you may be back quicker than a football player, but not ready to tackle val di sole at superlumina speeds ; )

ripsomat
Fantasy
1230th
3/26/2024 12:43am

I have good news. Andi Kolbs recovery is looking great. He is already training in Maribor. 💪 

3/26/2024 2:03am Edited Date/Time 3/26/2024 2:03am
luisgutrod wrote:
semi-fit kinda-young healthy weekend warriors may be back  on heir bike riding DH 3-4 months after ACL surgery. been there.. with a knee brace, but not...

semi-fit kinda-young healthy weekend warriors may be back  on heir bike riding DH 3-4 months after ACL surgery. been there.. with a knee brace, but not pushing like a pro is required to, so yes you may be back quicker than a football player, but not ready to tackle val di sole at superlumina speeds ; )

This is a long the same lines I was thinking, but I don't know how much doing MCL at the same time complicates things. 

Does it double recovery time, 50% more, none at all? 

gibbon
3/26/2024 5:29am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2024 12:59am

There is absolutely no need for him to rush back to competition.
He's already won WC races so his goal is the overall and worlds.
The overall is gone and realistically worlds would be the first race back.
He is so young it's not worth risking a career long injury at this point.
I'd be taking the year off from competition. Do some riding trips and videos to keep the sponsors happy, get 100% recovered and then smash the field next year.

ssk
3/26/2024 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/26/2024 3:55pm

not apples to apples, but you can guesstimate JG's needed recovery time based on it. Interestingly, it mentions most ACL injuries tend to occur in the pre/early season.

"Mean time to return was 316.1 days (range, 220-427 days), or 10.4 months."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32379980/

bizutch
Fantasy
1679th
3/26/2024 6:55pm

Ye Olden Days ACL repair guy here.  Snapped it in a gopher hole at Seven Springs National in Dual Slalom.  Has ruined most every other sport for me. 

Brendog rode a season without his and that is a mistake. You chew the crap out of the meniscus inside with tiny little micro tears time after time from the instability.  

Me, I cooked my meniscus in the weeks between the injury and surgery and it's misery to this day.  I have to wear what is called an unloader brace if I go to the gym, mow the grass or hike.  Only thing I can do consistently without pain is mountain bike thanks to the saddle and granny gears.  

Goldstone & Kade need to chill for the year and come back in 2025 or they're going to both risk blowing the other ACL from compensating or causing tons of micro tears in their meniscus trying to get back too fast from rehab. 10 months is when I felt like I could hammer some gears and it not twist internally.

A full year for all the muscles, tendons, ligaments & bones to feel like a single functioning unit again.

astrizzle
Fantasy
3216th
3/26/2024 8:07pm

Yea 10-12 months is pretty standard for Knee ligament repair healing time, assuming everything goes to plan that is. Surgeons have tried to do shorter healing times in the past with more intense rehab exercises but data has shown that they tend to increase failure rates in the graft repairs. 

The 10-12 month timeline is very well researched and supported for longevity, homeboy is young and has a lot of years ahead of him to come. He just needs to do this right for the first and last time. 

Post a reply to: 2024 TEAM RUMORS

The Latest